“Very helpful staff”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Athens
COLLEGE STATION
“Very helpful staff”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

the general manager, Rick, greeted me upon arrival. I questioned the rate he gave me, believing I had booked online for less. I had forgotten to bring my confirmation sheet. He tried to check with the national office, but they showed the same rate. even though I could not prove I had booked for a lower rate, he trusted that I was being honest and gave me the lower rate I remembered. I am not used to that kind of service! the room was very nice, and the scrambled eggs and crisp bacon were a real treat for breakfast. the dining area is very spacious. I recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor to avoid the typical "floor stomping".
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CHUCK T
Danny S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Good afternoon Chuck. Thank you for the fantastic review! We always strive to make every guest happy and it sounds like that's exactly what Rick did. He's a great member of our team and will appreciate the positive feedback.

We always strive to be the best so we'd love to know what we can do to get the higher score in Value and Sleep Quality.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express Athens!

Danny Simpson
Hotel Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens over Easter weekend to visit family nearby. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are clean. The breakfast is free but just the usual standard hotel breakfast. (Some hot food). The hallways weren't the cleanest and I saw a laundry room near the elevator that was really dirty. Other than those two complaints, the hotel served its purpose: a safe, clean place to stay while visiting family. Not many options in Athens, this may be the best choice.

1 Thank Robert C
Hello and thank you for the great review!

We always want our guests to have an amazing experience. We had a meeting with our executive housekeeper this week and have a better plan to keep our hallways and laundry area clean.

We look forward to seeing you and your family at the Holiday Inn Express Athens in the future!

Danny Simpson
Hotel Revenue Manager
Athens, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I had a 2 night stay here as I'm a PC Platinum member with points to burn and the inlaws we were visiting had a full house. Overall I liked the place but there were some small issues. Greeting was great, they upgraded me to an expanded room/suite which was nice. They had a food reception the night I arrived which was a nice touch. Room was clean and with the upgrade spacious. However the caulk on the bathtub was fraying. Pool was out of service - I gather from the other reviews this has been a chronic issue for the property. Breakfast was standard HI Express fare - filled you up nicely although I really wish the chain could throw in a gluten free cereal option as I was with my GF sensitive kid this time.

1 Thank Paul M
Rick K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
I do apologize for the pool area being closed due to refurbish, but the pool area is now open. In addition to this we have also received new fitness equipment! I will make the suggestion for the gluten-free cereal during our next meeting. Thank you so much for your suggestion. We always appreciate your feedback, and look forward to serving you once again during your next stay.
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The rooms were clean,BUT, the pool and hot tub weren't working and one of the dryers wasn't working.

Housekeeping didn't leave toilet tissue in our room one night, so I ask the front desk to bring some to us. She said she would right away, but never did. I went to the front desk to ask for it, and she said (while she was texting on her phone) that she was just swamped! PLEASE!

Location is good, near restaurants and shopping center, but wouldn't stay here again!

1 Thank Elaine P
Rick K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Mrs. P I do apologize immensely for your inconvenience during your recent stay. I will address this issue immediately. As always we strive to offer our guests the best service possible. I assure you this will not happen again. I thank you for your feedback. It is only through your comments and suggestions that we can better serve you and improve our service.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The room was clean and roomy and updated. My husband and I were passing through for one evening. Althought the hotel is located practically in a shopping center, it was quiet. I would not want to spend a lot of time here but for a place for the night, it was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Rick K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you so much for your response. We really appreciate any and all feedback from our guests so that we may improve upon our service. We love our guests and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have been staying here for the pass 2 months. The swimming pool and gym hasn't work since i got here. The employees that this hotel have are great Veronica, Danielle, Desteny and Rick. I think that this is a really bad problem because there is nothing else to do here at Athens.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank marcreed87
Thank you for your comments. We always try to better ourselves and our service to our guests. We are currently in the middle of renovating/updating several areas of the hotel. As always we are committed to providing the best possible guest service and hope you have a great stay with us again in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After a day of shopping at Canton FIRST MONDAY MARKET DAYS, we were happy to spend a night here.
Large room. Very quite on a Sunday night of Labor Day weekend.
The in-wall AC unit was very LOUD, loud enough to distrub our sleep and the ice machine on the third floor was not producing any ice!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Napunani
I apologize for your recent accomodation at our hotel. We are always committed to providing the best guest service and providing a warm and comfortable stay for everyone. We have taken steps to ensure that you enjoy your next stay with us even more than the last.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Athens
Canton Motel
Canton Motel
#4 of 6 in Canton

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!