“Home Cooking Really Down Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of World Famous MOMS

World Famous MOMS
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Aubrey
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh "from scratch" Home Cooking in the Heart of Horse Country! Serving award winning Chicken Fried Steak and Coconut Cream Pie! Bakery on site serving fresh baked pies. Friendly staff, and can accommodate large groups!
Texas
“Home Cooking Really Down Home”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Found ourselves on Main Street Aubrey while cutting back to the Interstate cross-country. Entrees were good, including my husband's catfish. The sides were even better, especially the okra which did not seem pre-packaged at all. The hot rolls were extraordinary. Wish I knew how they did those.

Portions were very large and you could split. If we have a regret it's that we didn't bring half home and try dessert. Based on the way they baked bread it might have real possibilities. Maybe not the dining experience of my life, but it was good and authentic and if for some unexpected reason I'm in Aubrey, Texas, again I'd stop back past.

• Visited September 2013

Rising Star, Texas
“Say no to catfish.”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have eaten here many times, and most often the food is very good. I recommend the chicken fried steak, meatloaf, chicken fingers and hamburgers. On July 12 stopped in for the catfish and my wife got the chicken strips. Fish rated poor. It was thin cuts (more batter than fish), greasy and cooked a little long. The fries with it must be fried twice, no potato left, just crust. The chicken must have been cooked at too high of a temp, or too long. Really brown and had a faint burned smell.
I have had the fish twice before and rated it good, not great. Get much better fish at Babe's in Sanger, TX. Again, the food has been quite good in the past, perhaps I came on a bad day.

• Visited July 2013
MommaKrys, Owner at World Famous MOMS, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
atnip2007, please accept our apologies for a meal you did not like. We try every day to get it right, and we did not meet your expectations. Please, the next time you come in, ask to speak to a manager, so you can be our guests for your meal, and we can refund your money for the meal you didn't care for! MommaKrys
Carrollton, Texas
“Never again”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I had heard from friends that this was a good place to eat, so I decided to give it a try! I ordered catfish with a baby lucy. The catfish wasn't cooked all the way and the baby lucy had rotten brown lettuce all in it! I can't believe I drove all the way out there for that! I will not be returning or telling my friends to take the 30 minute trip for that.

• Visited June 2013
MommaKrys, Owner at World Famous MOMS, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Kelli, There is so excuse for the experience you had at MOMS, and we are deeply sorry. We visited your profile and saw that you visit other restaurants in the area, so we would like to invite you to come back, so we can refund your money, or contact us so we can send it to you, and offer you another free meal on us, so you can experience MOMS the way it should always be! Ask for Krys or Steve!
Lone Oak, Texas
“Nice Little Place for a Great Big Lunch!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My work cohorts and I went there recently for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The food is very nicely prepared and the servings are pretty large! Go hungry! All the folks we dealt with were very courteous and helpful (we were first-timers!). Burgers were excellent, meatloaf is moist and meaty, and the catfish was fresh and not greasy. Great green beans, too! Service is a bit slow, so make sure you have plenty of time for lunch, and prices are a bit high, too, but hey, you can easily split a plate and have a good meal! Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
Aubrey, Texas, United States
“Home style at it's finest. Now with beer and wine!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Mom's has been a staple for us since the family moved to Aubrey. Always good, always consistently good. Recently, they began serving beer and wine, further adding to the dining experience. Come out to Aubrey, give Mom's a try!

• Visited May 2013