“Food was terrible”

Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Aubrey
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fresh "from scratch" Home Cooking in the Heart of Horse Country! Serving award winning Chicken Fried Steak and Coconut Cream Pie! Bakery on site serving fresh baked pies. Weekend Brunch served on Holiday Fridays, Saturday and Sunday from 9:30am to 2pm, along with regular menu! Friendly staff, and can accommodate large groups!
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Ordered a hamburger with fries. .. It was undercooked, and the fries were way to greasy. Neither had a taste.

Won't be eating there again

MommaKrys, Owner at World Famous MOMS, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

We are so sorry that you didn't like your MOMS experience! We see that you are a neighbor of ours here in Aubrey, and we would like to invited you to come back and recieve your money back on the meal you did not like, and allow us to cook you any meal you woud like, on us! We want everyone to leave MOMS happy. Please ask for the manager on duty when you come in and you will be taken care of!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Love the pot roast and the killer sautéed green beans! Friendly folks serve up a good menu. Our only complaint is that the Ice tea is always too weak. You might as well get water.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have to laugh at the reviews that think Mom's is pricey! Where are they used to eating?Everything on Mom's menu is very reasonably priced, and you get LOTS of food. Since my husband and I are accustomed to 4 and 5 star restaurants, we think this is a great little restaurant for a small community! Everything is cooked on site from real food, and no preservatives. Now, that's a treat!

The name Mom's describes the food.....like eating from your Mom's kitchen table....good home cooked food...no frills....just good food.

Wish they waited on the tables instead of ordering at the counter, and served the drinks, but then
their so-called pricey food would be more expensive, now wouldn't it? They could also use an upgrade on their flatware......don't like bent tines.

But, it you're looking for good home cooking, Mom's will give you a big bang for your buck......unless you are used to eating a drive-thrus! And, their desserts are really, really good! Love their breakfasts, too. Pancakes are the best anywhere!!

Incidentally, if you receive any food that isn't cooked the way you ordered, management will replace with no questions asked.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I live in Downtown Dallas and my sister and her husband are retired in Aubrey. They love it there. I drove an hour north on the toll road last week to treat the three of us to our annual birthday lunch. Sis' BD is in October and Bro-in-law and I both are November babies.

I checked the web and found Mom's is no longer called Lucy's Moms, but simply Mom's on Main. I called and they told me they start serving lunch at 11 a.m. Our family of three were outside the quaint venue waiting at 11 for what, hopefully, would be some of the best home-style country cookin' of our combined 200+ years of living life at its best.

As a Native Texan, my barometer is, of course, Chicken Fried Steak. It was kind of pricey at $11.99 each (two sides included), but I guess that's the price one has to pay for authenticity. Not!!! Our meals were brought out one at a time with several minutes gap between deliveries. I was served first, but of course, waited to begin until our full party of three had food in front of them.

What a disappointment! All three entrees were over cooked, and my "hand-breaded" chicken fried steak was so well-done, it was charred on one end. It was like trying to cut through fried burnt leather with shriveled up beef so dried out, it had no texture, not to mention flavor. And speaking of flavor, the home-made cream gravy, which I ordered on the side, could have come out of a jar from the local WalMart and been tastier.

Upon entering Mom's, you go to the counter, order and pay in advance. We had to ask for our desserts to be brought to our table. Our "waiter" seemed confused, fumbled and asked us what we'd ordered. Honor system, I guess. With one shared slice of coconut cream pie and a free slice of chocolate cake (complimentary for newbies), three waters and a $6 tip up front, the tab came to $50. That's half a hundred I wish I'd spent somewhere else.

MommaKrys, Owner at World Famous MOMS, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

We are very sorry that your experience at MOMS was not as you had hoped for. We so appreciate the time you took to come out and try our restaurant. As your sister and brother-in-law live here in Aubrey, I'm hoping that you will accept our invitation to come and eat with us again as our guests.
We try very hard to make everyone's experience a good one, and would like to try again for you. Please ask for Krys or Steve when you come. If we are not working the shift that you come in on, tell the manager on duty that you are there for a complementary meal from Trip Advisor, and you will be taken care of. Thank you for your honest review of our restaurant. Krys

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food was GREAT and the desserts are too die for. The service was quick and lots to choose from. A bit on the pricey side for a diner though. Nice atmosphere and it was clean.