“Dream Cottage!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Hancock Guest Cottages
Spring, Texas, United States
“Dream Cottage!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed four nights for a convention in Austin with the family. Loved the home! Great location. Convenient to walk to local amenities and just five minutes from downtown. Beautifully decorated and fully stocked with everything we needed for a great trip!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed at the cottage for 3 nights. Absolutely loved the house and location. Back deck was peaceful, water garden beautiful and the finch aviary was so delightful! Spotless accommodations! Having the washer/dryer on-site was so convenient. Grocery store was a short walk. The kitchen had everything needed to make a great meal and dishwasher made clean-up a breeze. Am thinking of renting soon for a month to be near kids in Austin and this is, by far, my first choice of lodging. A great home away from home!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed in the Hancock Guest Nest: two days of business and then my SO came down for a weekend getaway. It worked well for both! I have been recommending it to anyone I can ever since. It didn't feel like a hotel at all, it felt like house-sitting for a friend. It combines the best of a bed and breakfast with the privacy and anonymity of a hotel; you never see anyone else, you aren't forced to have awkward interactions with anyone on the premises. Someone complained about the trucks in one of these reviews, so I was on the alert for that. I stayed there for 4 nights and I was shaken out of a nap by one maybe once. The lights from the parking lot were on maybe once as well, and I didn't find them off-putting. All in all, it was a quiet, clean, chic, and peaceful place to be. I found it really convenient that the place was so close to the HEB Supermarket as well as the gym and the wine store. I loved this place. If you like autonomy and privacy at a hotel, it's a wonderful place. If you love to be cleaned up after and pampered, try a chain hotel. But it is incredibly inexpensive considering how nice it is. Really—4 nights for $535.00 including tax? At the W that might get you 1 1/2 nights.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank James H
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The loft hideaway is wonderful. It reminds me of my stays in Europe, where the details like towels and bedding and silverware are always a bit nicer than they are in American hotels. The layout is lovely. The design details show an attention to quality and beauty. The hosts are wonderful. I was surprised, being upstairs in a converted attic loft, even the water pressure is wonderful and there is a full size washer and dryer in the unit. I would stay here again and will be recommending it to friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Max_Adams
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Well-appointed, with everything you need including juice and coffee for your first morning. Short walk to Mother's and Hyde Park restaurants, Quack's bakery and coffee shop, and Fresh Plus market. Hancock golf course is two drives down Red River.How nice is all that?

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My daughter and I stayed in both the Loft and the Guest Nest; two separate properties which are part of the Hancock Cottages.

We stayed in the Loft for a month and a half and in the Guest Nest for two weeks while we worked on a project in Austin. We found the hosts, Rachel and Nick to be supremely helpful. They were quick to address any needs we might have (questions about the internet, the area etc).

The Loft is a cozy little fairy-tale of a place under the gables of the main cottage which is down below. We enjoyed the separate spaces in the loft: bedroom with nice closet, living room, utility room, very cool urban-style kitchen, lovely, comfortable bathroom. The space is cleverly decorated and includes great amenities: cable TV, wireless internet, washer and dryer, stove, fridge... you name it! Big windows let lots of light into this little loft. This space is probably not the best for tall folks. The gables create some pretty severe angles in the space.

The Guest Nest is private, and cozy. With its high ceiling and glass bricks across the top of the kitchen area, it reminded us a little of a loft studio in NYC. The furnishings were chic, and comfortable. The kitchen was thoughtfully designed, and we were especially pleased to discover the dishwasher! The washer and dryer and dressing room-sized closet were very helpful! The bathroom was large, and beautiful with a large rain-head shower and a very nice bathtub.

Of the two spaces, our favorite was the Guest Nest. The angles of the Loft were a little challenging on occasion, we enjoyed the separation from the lower cottage space for privacy purposes, and the abundance of light. That said, we were very happy with our stay in the Loft as well!

The location is terrific! Although we had a car, we walked to lots of little coffee shops, and restaurants in the area, discovering the "best corner in Austin"-- 43rd St and Duval-- and its cool little grocery store and terrific cheese shop, coffee shop, and restaurants. We even walked to 6th Street one day (a LONG walk, but not impossible for the intrepid)!

The gardens on the property are lovely. Finches live in a large enclosure and a little goldfish pond with a fountain burbles pleasantly in the large courtyard near the Loft. The Guest Nest boasts a sweet little private garden which also has a goldfish pond and fountain. We spent numerous mornings on the porch of the Guest Nest enjoying coffee and reading. There were many days during our extended stay in Austin that we chose to stay at "home" simply because it was so comfortable right where we were!

I highly recommend any of the properties available through Nick and Rachel for a stay in the Austin area!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank phayslip
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I spent about 6 weeks at the Hancock Guest Cottage with my family and we enjoyed our stay. It is very close to the bus routes and the Hancock shopping Center is right behind the Cottage. The owners were quite friendly and ensured we were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family