“an Oasis in the middle of Austin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Hancock Guest Cottages
Oklahoma
“an Oasis in the middle of Austin”
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed in the Guest Nest for 6 nights.
We enjoyed our stay so much. Very tranquil -- Nick and Rachel have really thought of everything. The landscaping is an inspiration -- We can't stop talking about it ... are making plans for our future patio & deck with those things in mind!
The convenience of the location, kitchen & laundry beat any hotel anywhere.
The items provided in the pantry & refrig were perfect (few cold beers, coffee, half n half, OJ ... PERFECT!) The bedding & bath towels were plush. Rain head shower is so relaxing!
I intend to coordinate our trips to Austin around the availability of the Guest Nest!
Next time, we intend to go on the Hyde Park walking tour. That neighborhood is so quaint and gorgeous!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Garden State
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Although a bit off the beaten track, Hancock Guest Cottage was
a lovely place to stay. My daughter and I stayed this past August while we checked out UT(Austin). The location is convenient to the local highway which took us where ever we wanted to go. We
stayed in the studio unit, that had a kitchen,bed, desk, and laundry
room. The decor is modern but warm. There were guide books,local
magazines and videos to enjoy. There is a wonderful front yard area with a fountain that is very peaceful. Our host Nick was gracious and even offered to take us on a tour of the college. If
you want a different experience from the normal chain hotel room
this is the answer. I highly recommend the guest cottage and if I'm
lucky enough to get to Austin again I would want to stay here.

• Liked — I liked the decor. It felt like a modern studio apt. and also the front yard.
  • Disliked — It did not have a table to eat at.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I stayed at the Hancock Guest Nest for 2 nights when I was in Austin. This was a fantastic alternative to staying at a hotel, as you have a full kitchen, laundry, private outdoor seating, free Wifi, and conveniences like an iPod dock, platform bed, and overhead rain shower. The washer/dryer and laundry room was totally worth it, as I was able to catch up on laundry before the next leg of my trip.

The Nest looks exactly like it does on the website, and the location is great as well. It is literally adjacent to a shopping center (the back parking lot of Sears is like 20 feet away) but surprisingly this isn't a negative because it's still very quiet. Convenient to restaurants, grocery stores, and a golf course where you can go for a run around the perimeter.

Highly recommended. When I visit Austin again, I'll be back!

• Liked — Cleanliness, modern feel, amenities
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Tiabla
Regina, SK
Reviewed 30 May 2008

I recently came down from Canada and stayed at the Hancock Guest Cottage for a week.

First of all, the owners of this place are a really darling couple who are so helpful and really have thought about every little detail in order to make ones stay fabulous. There's a high definition TV, ipod player, washer and dryer and full size kitchen plus an amazing spa like bathroom.

The yard and deck are really beautifully landscaped - there's an herb garden fresh for the picking. I especially love the water fountain and the finches.

All in all my stay was wonderful and I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Marianne

• Liked — It was very clean and beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 March 2008

I stayed at Hancock Guest Cottage a few weeks back. What a charming little place! I loved the stone masonry, babbling fountain, and finch aviary. The place looked newly renovated. It was located in an old neighborhood in the middle of Austin and gave me easy access to downtown via IH35. The neighbors were friendly and the gardens were budding out. The area had an old school yet hip feel to it. It was easy to shop because Hancock shopping center was a quick walk away with a large 24 hour grocery store, a burrito place, a barbeque place as well as other stuff. I would highly recommend staying at Hancock Guest Cottage if you're going to Austin and need to visit the central part of the city and downtown. It's far better than a hotel and offers more privacy than a full BnB.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Rush hour traffic
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
Maryland
Reviewed 22 March 2008

This place is a great alternative to two rooms in an impersonal hotel. I loved the full kitchen, with its clearly-brand-new appliances, which made for easy breakfasts. It even came stocked with cookbooks! One weird thing: the pepper grinder was cool but was also empty… but where were the peppercorns? Having the HEB grocery store so close by is really convenient (especially for that emergency peppercorn run!). Our queen beds were especially comfy. As traveler with allergies to down feathers, I really appreciated having the choice of feather vs. foam pillows. And the lust-worthy high-definition plasma made me want to upgrade my home television.

Ask the super-nice owners to show you before-and-after photos -- I was really impressed with their renovations. All this and fresh lilies, too. We had a great stay. For two rooms, the total cost was about the same as some generic hotel but the Hancock Guest Cottage was a lot nicer. I’d definitely recommend this place to friends!

• Stayed March 2008
All over
Reviewed 29 February 2008

My husband (US) and I (Belgium) wanted to do something different for Valentine, so we decided to have a romantic weekend in the Hancock Cottage. That sure beat sleeping in our truck camper (in which we are travelling around the States)! What a splurge and oh-so-worth it! The location was great, with ample parking space, and the cottage gave us a very homey and roomy feeling. We wish we could have stayed longer, but it was time to move on again. We would recommend the Hancock Guest Cottage to anyone wanting to stay in the Austin area and not wanting to book the typical hotel room.

• Stayed February 2008