“Loved this place. Wish I had a reason to go back soon."”

Staybridge Suites Austin Airport
Ranked #48 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We loved this hotel. The suite was large enough to have a small dinner party. Breakfast was great with wonderful service. Austin highways connect this hotel to any part of the city, so no matter where your visit takes you, this hotel can be your base. Staff was very helpful throughout the property. Hallways were a little confusing, but we soon figured out which elevator was best to use to reach our room. The only drawback was that wifi didn't work well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near an elevator and get specific directions.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Our family stayed at this property recently, as part of a group. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the pool and the basketball court. Breakfast staff is the best. The waffle maker was the big hit. The all day coffee is excellent and an appreciated perk. The business center gets the job done for boarding passes and work email. I like the little food you can purchase -- the milk and cereal are great for families. We enjoyed having a microwave and refrigerator. The Staybridge Suites floor plan is excellent for families with one to five children. Excellent.

Our only negative was that we had to move due to a bad air conditioner (Room 203). Moved to another room -- no problems. However, on the day when we were to check out, our key didn't work and the front desk person told us we weren't registered to the new room. I told them I would go to Mass, calm down, and needed access as soon as I got back. We got back into the room. The front desk staff is the big weakness at this hotel. Otherwise, we had a good time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed here one night while in town for a family event. Just me and my 7 year old daughter. Booked it through Priceline at a good price. We liked everything. I'll mention some negatives, but I emphasize these are not a big deal at all. The AC is not a central system, but an individual unit in your room. So it is a little louder and not quite as effective. Just not what you expect in a 3 star place. And my daughter wanted bacon at breakfast. There was no meat of any kind. But there were eggs, belgian waffles you make yourself, and so on. We liked it. We didn't use the pool or basketball court. Both looked good, but are on the small side.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I booked the hotel through aa.com (to use miles). Despite my printed voucher, they couldn't find my prepaid reservation but were able to give me a room. I contacted the hotel manager and the charge was removed from my credit card. However, my Mastercard shows a $4.60 foreign currency exchange fee. When I called Citibank about this charge I found out that the hotel uses an Israeli travel agency. So, I booked through an American company, stayed in an American hotel and I'm charged a foreign currency exchange fee for the hotel's error. Beware if you book through aa.com.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2011

it was clean but the staff is unprofessional, upsetting, awkward and not very hospitable

Room Tip: call ahead.. speak slow so they understand
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 33006Steph_
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Suite was very nice and fairly new looking. Nice space in the bathroom and with the mini kitchen. Bed was confortable and the room was very quiet, although stayed on the weekend, so the hotel was not overly busy. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and decent. Nice spacious lobby with business center, free wifi etc. Pool and BBQ area was nice. Fitness center and laundry area was nice and clean. Overall a nice play to stay. The immediate area did not contain alot of food options. Starbucks and Subway were close with a Denny's and Waffle House. Fast food restaurants though were located about 5-7 min drive from hotel. Overall, nice stay and would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Spent a Tuesday night at this hotel, taking a very early flight from AUS in the morning. It is a very clean, conveniently located motel (for the airport - not Austin.) The room was clean, reasonably well appointed and large enough. There were lots of kitchen devices for those using the place for extended-stays - which is common. I could see staying here for a week or more for business - comparable to a Residence Inn.

The breakfast seemed average but acceptable and the common areas were very clean. Service at check in was o.k. Blemishes were that electrical outlets near the bed didn't work, and there were no luggage carts on the first floor. Apparently guests leave them on the top three floors. Also, there were no parking spaces reserved near the front for check-in. Literally all spaces on the entire front of the building were taken.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably try the nearby Hampton Inn. But to be fair, the HI was $30 more expensive.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business