“Best Staff and Service anywhere in Texas”

Staybridge Suites Austin Airport
Ranked #54 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Best Staff and Service anywhere in Texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I do a lot of business travel in the Austin area and I have found my "oasis" of places to stay here. The staff is always smiling and they greet me by my name as soon as I walk into the lobby. They always recognize that I'm a priority member and have an extra bag of goodies for me at check-in. The rooms are very spacious and make me feel right at home. The free breakfast is solid featuring just about anything you could ask for: eggs, meat, cereal, fruit, waffles, yogurt, juices, milk, coffees and tea. If that wasn't enough the social reception is "crazy good". You can unwind with the other guest over a beer or wine or soft drink and a light meal that could be homemade pizza, just off the grill hamburgers or brats, quesadillas, etc. Add to that a salad, chips, and fruit and you won't want to leave. Of course, all this wouldn't be possible if not for their wonderful GM, Nora, and her staff. They are "Top Notch" with their main goal of making sure their guests are taken care of. Keep up the good work and I'll see y'all on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you, Ed O, for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in our entire staff and the quality of service that everyone has to offer. The breakfast buffet and evening social (dinner & drinks) are a big hit with our guests and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of both. I will be sure to let Nora, our Director of Sales, know how appreciative you are of her. We are so grateful to have her on our team! Our guest's feedback is very important to us and we thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Deerfield Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

the suite was wonderful,staff friendly. the thing I did not like was the pet friendly,so some parts smelled like a pet has been there. I used the gym and was sick after,I am very allergic to pet dander. also the washing room,was next to the gym,and the door was left opened and blocked. So a lot of noise was coming in. Other than that it was a nice 4 night stay. The coffee is the lobby was 24 hrs,which was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank parent34646
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for submitting a review about our hotel and sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you suffered with allergies during your stay. As you stated, we are a pet friendly hotel, and I do understand that this may cause an inconvenience for guests that may be allergic to pet dander. Next time you stay with us please don't hesitate to contact a member of our management team to give us the opportunity to find a better location in the hotel that will make your visit much more comfortable. I'm happy that you enjoyed the rest of your visit and we appreciate the time you spent on sharing your experience. Thank you! Sincerely, Maria Lopez-Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Got stuck in Austin recently due to weather in Dallas cancelling my connecting flights back home. Found this place and had some points to use so I decided to stay; it was comfortable and well equipped (with free laundry which was awesome) but suuuuper way out of the way, albeit with a shuttle to and from the airport. I was going stir crazy and wanted to get out, but the only restaurants were either in a Texaco station up the road (which, honestly, wasn't that bad, family run mexican place), or across a super busy highway that I wasn't about to walk across. I asked the girl at the desk how to get into town and she recommended I take a $30 each way (!) trip via taxi. I said nuts to that and figured out that there was a bus stop nearby that brought me to sixth street for $1. Would have been nice if she had advised me of that, but what are you gonna do.

Breakfast was good with hilarious texas-shaped waffles. Really good service from Alejandra at the front desk, by the way.

I wasn't thrilled to be stuck in Austin for an extra day but if this was where I was gonna be stuck, eh, that's fine.

One thing that was annoying that i totally forgot to tell them about was that I wasn't ever once able to call to the front desk; I think their phone system there might be messed up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
So sorry to hear you were delayed getting home due to the weather...that is never a fun time! We are happy that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast! I will update our staff regarding addional transportation options, other than a taxi, to go downtown as that is very useful information for our guests. Next time you visit our location please feel free to use our shuttle to get around to the nearby restaurants (up to a 3 mile radius) for lunch or dinner! Shuttle service is available between 5am-12am daily. Alejandra is amazing and we are lucky to have her on our team! I will be sure to let her know you appreciated her service. If you are ever in the Austin area again we hope you will stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback, Riptor3000! Sincerely, Maria Lopez-Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Room and hotel were both fairly nice looking, especially for the price. Only downfall was the observation of a few hairs left in the bath tub-hoping it was just strands from the housekeeper's hair. Otherwise not too bad of a place. Did not try breakfast though. Would probably use again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel, kmac1117! I regret to hear that we fell short by overlooking the strands of hair that you found in the bathtub. Please be assured that I will speak to the appropriate department and the proper actions will be taken to improve our services. I hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to show you the greatness of our hotel, staff and services. I also hope that next time you visit you will be able to take advantage of our hot breakfast offered each morning. We also offer dinner and drinks every Tue, Wed and Thurs evening from 5:30pm-7:30pm which is included with your room rate! If there's anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please feel free to contact a member of our management team. Thanks, again, for sharing your feedback as it is a great resource to help us improve our services to all our guests.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Completely agree with spcastilleja -- this hotel does not publicize the fact they don't have housekeeping on the weekends. My wife and I would not have booked it if I had known that. Paid exorbitant rate for F1 weekend and got one housekeeping visit on Friday morning ... and a weird one at that! They took (non-flushable) trash out of the small can in the bathroom and put it in the toilet! Probably forgot to flush it since they were in so much of hurry... we had to fish it out. A supposedly clean towel that was replaced had stain on it. Also, found a used toothbrush sitting on top of the vanity mirror. Had to get our own replacement towels from the front desk for the weekend. Sorry, but for the jacked up rate of ~$400/night, I can't recommend this hotel (at least during events like F1, and maybe no other times either).

Room Tip: Elevators are incredibly slow (someone needs to feed those hamsters). Ground floor might be more co...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Goldenwood1, I regret to hear that you had a negative experience at our hotel with your recent visit during the Formula 1 races. Rates do increase all over the city during major events such as F1. I have contacted the appropriate department regarding your housekeeping services. I would like to assure you that the proper actions are in place to correct this matter. Since we are an extended stay hotel our housekeeping schedule may be different than other hotels. We do not offer full cleanings every day, however, we do a light touch with the option for you to request a full clean during the week. Thank you for sharing your feedback as it is important to us and will help improve our services to our guests. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you how great the Staybridge Suites Austin Airport is. Please do not hesistate to contact a member of our management team for future reservations and let us know how we can make your stay more comfortable. Respectfully, Maria Lopez-Manager.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I came for the F1, paid close to 400 usd per each one of the 2 single queen bed rooms, and 600 per a two room suite for 5 nights, unbelievable right, then with no previous notice I found the rooms not cleaned or the beds made, when asking the front desk they just mentioned that they had no cleaning service on the weekend, is not the most expensive [--] hotel Ive stayed in, is the most expensive and the first one in my life with no cleaning service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank spcastilleja
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear spcastilleja, I sincerely regret to hear that you were not at all satisfied with your recent stay with us during Formula 1. During special events rates do become higher due to the demand for hotel accommodations in the city. Our housekeeping cleaning schedule does not apply on the weekends and we do have this information in each room, on your key card envelope and the front desk staff is also required to explain this at check in. If we failed to do so, I do apologize and please be assured that the proper actions will be taken immediately. Light touches are completed each week day and on the weekends both full cleanings and light touches are on request basis. We are an extended stay hotel, therefore, we do not have the same cleaning schedule as other hotels that are not classified as an extended stay hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your visit and we hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as it is the best resource for improvement in our services to our guests.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our management team. Respectfully, Maria Lopez-Manager.
Georgetown, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night on our Tour de Texas. The room we had was great, and the location was really easy to find and get to. Stay off of I35, it is a parking lot. The breakfast was just ok, and the coffee was not that good. Overall the hotel was great, and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MattW0329
MariaL319, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Matt W, thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Staybridge Suites Austin Airport. I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our breakfast items and coffee. Your feedback is very important to us and I have passed this information on to the appropriate department. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again! Sincerely, Maria Lopez-Manager.