“zen in texas” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Lakehouse Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Spas & Wellness in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: This luxurious spa offers twenty indoor treatment spaces (each with a private shower) as well as outdoor treatment tents and cabanas.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“zen in texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Great scenery lovely facilities and good service. Very relaxing nice mini vacation. Young girl who gave us robes and slippers was very professional, helpful and friendly rest of staff could have smiled more but overall good service. I was suprised to find i was the only man there and with my stressful job i really enjoyed this new experience..I'm hooked ! guys if you want to De-stress give it a try i recommend it.

Visited February 2013

Rockville, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A first rate facility with excellent services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a wonderful facility. The services provided are excellent and the operation is very smooth and focused on guest comfort, ease and reliability

Visited August 2012
Austin, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have been to the Lakehouse Austin Spa three times thus far and I have enjoyed my time there. I have never spent the night and so, all of my experience has been utilizing the spa for half day treatments. I have always waited for specials to come up before going to make it a better value. I have never had a bad experience in service, food, cleanliness, or treatments. I love the look of the spa and enjoy the pool and outdoor area. It has never been exceptionally busy while I have been there and maybe I have been lucky. I do agree that the locker room area sauna and other facilities around it are probably too small. The blue room is very comfy and relaxing and I love having different drink options. I have had the same therapist, Amy, the last two times and she is great. I would highly recommend her for massage. The food is very fresh, healthy, tasty, and interesting. I have enjoyed my experiences and will continue to visit!

Visited April 2012
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Was expecting a relaxing day trip, went home stressed and mad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I came to the Lakehouse for a relaxing body treatment and to spend the day by myself relaxing and decompressing. Upon leaving after my day at the Lakehouse, I was even more stressed and upset that I spent a lot of money and got a really bad servicce. First, The facility and entrance to the Lakehouse spa is beautiful and the concept with the casual cafe is a great idea. I arrived for my treatment 2 hours early to relax in the sauna, steam, jacuzzi and pool. Upon checking in, the receptionist was very friendly and warm. She gave me a "tour" of the facility which consisted of pointing in each direction (upstairs for treatment, around corner for locker room etc.) She did take me into the locker room and showed me all the lockers but did again point in each direction to tell me where the jacuzzi, sauna and steamshower were located. For a facility of this size, I feel that spa attendant should take you to each place so you do not get lost. I picked out a locker and changed for my day of relaxation. Upon entering the women's sauna, I found that the sauna was very small, especially for a property of this size. There was another guest in the sauana, and there wasn't enough room for me so I decided to use the jacuzzi. This was nice for a bit but again was very small. I decided to go to the pool before my treatment to read, but upon heading inside the pool gate, I found that every seat was taken and there wasn't anywhere to sit. I decided to then go upstairs to the "blue room" to sign in for my treatment 30 minutes early and read before starting my body treatment. This room is very cozy and there are some old books to read, it was a nice touch. My treatment was to start at 2:00 PM, and I realized at 2:10 PM I still hadn't been picked up. Shortly after this realization, I was picked up by the therapist and taken into the treatment room. The therapist was nice and reviewed my intake form. She told me that I had to get on the table face down to th start the scrub and she would give me a minute to undress and get on the table, then she would enter. After I laid on the massage table I opened my eyes to see a bright yellow and green dustpan and broom directly under my face cradle. I brushed it off as I was very excited for his upcoming treatment. Upon re-entering the room, the therapist took her time placing the bath mats on the floor and preparing for the treatment. Since I had been picked up 10 Minutes late for my treatment, and taking this additional time to prep the room before starting my service, I felt that my service didnt' start until at least 20 Minutes after. Once the scrub started, the therapist only used 1 hand tha apply the entire treatment, this is when I started to get upset. I felt that anyone, not a licensed massage therapist, could have done a better job at applying the scrub. This lasted 15 minutes, then she instructed me to get up and shower off in the in-room shower then get back on the bed for the massage to begin. I showered then laid back down on the table. When she re-entered the room, she proceeded to CLEAN THE SHOWER that I just used. I was laying on the table listening to her spray chemicals on the shower and wipe it down before she started my massage. This lasted 5-6 minutes, again taking time out of my expensive treatment. Then she didn't wash her hands, but then started massaging my body. All the while, I could only think about how she had chemicals on her hands. The massage began, and it was the WORST massage I have ever had. I have had a lot of spa treatments and massages and I COULD NOT WAIT for this service to be over. During the massage, the shower kept dripping a constant water drip, and in the room next to me it sounded like an alarm was going off during the last 10 minutes of the massage. Then I was dropped back in the relax room 5 minutes before my service was to be over. So all in all the service was suppose to be 80 minutes and it probably only lasted 45 minutes with all the breaks and pauses and being picked up late and dropped off early. I asked to speak with the Spa Manager after the service and she was not helpful at all! All I wanted to someone to say "I'm sorry that you had a bad experience" but all I got from the spa manager was the statement that the scrub does not include a massage but ends with a spritz. I informed her that I upgraded and added a massage and that I didn't even get a body spritz at all. So not only was this the worst service, but I didn't even get the service I paid for! Also, to make the blow even worse, they make you pay for the service and gratuity before you start the service. THIS IS CRAZY, it's like asking a guest to pay a waiter a tip as soon as you sit down at a table, before you even know what the service is like. I wanted my money back, but I didin't get that. The spa manager stated, "what do you want me to do for you?" She offered to return for a free 25 minute massage on her next time. Not hardly fair for the $215 I paid. All in all I thought this was a top rated spa, but turned out to be the worst spa I have ever been too and I will not return.

Visited May 2011
14 Thank SpaGirl48
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice but could be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

I was expecting to be wowed by this spa. Instead, it was just ho hum. First of all, the lobby is huge. There is a small cafe but the hours are very minimal. My massage treatment was good for what I paid (a bit pricey). However, my appointment was at 1 pm. If I wanted a bite to eat, I would have to forget it because the cafe is only opened until 3 pm. So, if you have a treatment or several treatments, by the time you are finished, the cafe is already closed. I think they should extend the cafe hours.
Also, one complaint is that the outdoor pool is NOT HEATED. I went in February and it was ice cold.
My biggest complaint is the women's locker room. It is VERY SMALL and extremely crowded. The lobby is huge, the grounds are huge and then there is this tiny little locker room with only three showers and very tight quarters for the lockers with only three tiny benches for your stuff. No room at all. And when you want to fix your hair and makeup, forget it if there are more than 3-4 people in the very narrow space. I wondered why the whole spa is very large and then this very small locker room. Everyone was bumping into each other and there seems to be no privacy whatsoever. I was very put off by this. With more than six people, it gets really hot, too! Everyone was complaining and sweating (and this is in February). I think it's because it's so small and crowded, then it gets really hot. They should do something about that...say, like air conditioning or fans!
I've been to many spas and I would not rate this highly....it was just average for the price.

Visited February 2011