Stumbled across this property via a TravelZoo deal and boy, I'm glad we did. We were planning on staying downtown, but having lived in Austin before, I thought this Lake Travis area would be a great option.
Rooms were clean, albeit a bit "vintage-y" in places. Had a glass of wine (brought my own) on our little balcony overlooking Lake Travis. Awesome. Peaceful. Just what mommy needed.
Not much for our two kids (7 & 8) to do, but we threw a football around the front yard for a bit after arrival and prior to dinner. It was a fairly quick overnight stop. We were hoping there would be some walking trails nearby but everything surrounding is private property and didn't want to walk on the wind-y road near dusk. But the friendly guy at the front desk directed us to a couple of nearby parks to explore the next morning.
Breakfast was good - a quiche, muffins, good coffee, oatmeal option, etc.
They DID warn us that there are no elevators, so our third floor view (which was great) meant a third floor climb with our big bag.
I can imagine how great this would be for a group - for a wedding or retreat. Both of the main buildings had common spaces with couches for folks to gather. Even the balconies were quasi-shared spaces (which we may not have liked if we had someone in the room next to us.)
Loved it, thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vintage Villas Hotel & Events is a unique boutique style hotel overlooking Lake Travis in Austin Texas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Vintage Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vintage Villas Hotel And Events
- Vintage Villas Hotel Austin, Texas