“Fave Hotel of our 9 Day Road Trip!”

and 1 more site!
Vintage Villas Hotel
Chicago, IL
“Fave Hotel of our 9 Day Road Trip!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stumbled across this property via a TravelZoo deal and boy, I'm glad we did. We were planning on staying downtown, but having lived in Austin before, I thought this Lake Travis area would be a great option.

Rooms were clean, albeit a bit "vintage-y" in places. Had a glass of wine (brought my own) on our little balcony overlooking Lake Travis. Awesome. Peaceful. Just what mommy needed.

Not much for our two kids (7 & 8) to do, but we threw a football around the front yard for a bit after arrival and prior to dinner. It was a fairly quick overnight stop. We were hoping there would be some walking trails nearby but everything surrounding is private property and didn't want to walk on the wind-y road near dusk. But the friendly guy at the front desk directed us to a couple of nearby parks to explore the next morning.

Breakfast was good - a quiche, muffins, good coffee, oatmeal option, etc.

They DID warn us that there are no elevators, so our third floor view (which was great) meant a third floor climb with our big bag.

I can imagine how great this would be for a group - for a wedding or retreat. Both of the main buildings had common spaces with couches for folks to gather. Even the balconies were quasi-shared spaces (which we may not have liked if we had someone in the room next to us.)

Loved it, thank you!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BethKel
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi BethKel,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events, purchasing a TravelZoo voucher and for your 5 star evaluation. I appreciate your comments about the accommodations, services and overall stay. It is our practice to ask all arriving and departing guests if we can assist with luggage. I apologize that we neglected to ask you this question.

Thanks again for choosing us and look for another TravelZoo offer coming soon.

Owner & General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
dallas, texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spent two nights with another couple just to "get away" and found this hotel a delightful and restful locale. The check in staff was professional, efficient and friendly--all of the employees we encountered were equally pleasant and seemed to want to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
The room was spacious, very comfortable and very clean upon our arrival; the king sized bed was perfect for our taste. There was more than adequate room for clothes and the bath was larger than expected. The staff knew the area very well; a very handy map of the area, showing restaurants, parks, etc, was printed on the back of the information sheet. A definite place to return to for a getaway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank texascouple21
Hi texascouple21,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave an evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

I truly appreciate you choosing us for your overnight stay in the Austin Lake Travis area.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my 2nd time visiting Vintage Villas, and it was especially more memorable because I got to witness an amazing sunset hours after I checked in. The receptionist had told me that I was booked into one of her favorite rooms, and indeed it was a great view with a balcony that was direct to Lake Travis sunset. I definitely appreciated having the privacy and being on the top floor where there was only one other room. Time just slowed down as soon as I stepped into the room, and I enjoyed taking a hot bath followed by a shower, both allowing me to completely relax and enjoy this hotel experience.

The king bed was just what I needed. My body melted into the mattress and pillows! I woke up refreshed and soon got ready for breakfast where they offered yummy quiche, pastries, cereals and fruit.

As someone who's lived in Austin, I definitely recommend Lake Travis over Lake Austin. It is truly more scenic, serene, and away from the crowds. Vintage Villas property gives you a tropical feel vacation with cute, unique spaces and accommodating staff.

Thanks Vintage Villas for letting me have 2 memorable stays, and one of the best hotel experiences I've had to date!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi CaliDreamer28,

Thank you for your review and for your second visit to Vintage Villas. I am glad that you took advantage of our return offer. I appreciate your kind comments about our hotel staff and accommodations.

I look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here from Monday - Wednesday. Got a great deal via travelzoo. Beautiful location overlooking Lake Travis. On the first night there was a wedding party that made some noise. Complained and the hotel manager the next morning and he was very apologetic. He offered another two day stay at >50% discount valid for the rest of the year. The staff were excellent. Hotel was well run, clean and very suited for romantic getaways. Breakfast was included and was truly wonderful. Plan on returning.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. The view is great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Kyran,

Thank you for your review and for making a second visit to Vintage Villas Hotel & Events. I am glad to read that you took advantage of our TravelZoo offer. We spoke at check out and I again apologize about the noise issues you had on the first night of your stay. I appreciate your kind comments about our breakfast, staff and accommodations.

Next time you plan to visit contact me directly to make you reservation,

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This is our 2nd time here and we absolutely love this place. Very cozy and relaxing place to stay. The rooms are very spacious and have jacuzzi tubs. The marina is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel so it's very easy to get on the water. The area is built up now with nice houses and there's plenty of places to eat and shop nearby. Would definitely suggest this to anyone who's looking to getaway for a weekend on the lake and stay in a very nice place

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JWILLS30,

Thank you for your positive review and for returning to visit Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

Kindest regards,

Lewisville, TX
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here for a romantic getaway. We stayed in the king suite. It was a great out of the way spot that was still easily accessible to area attractions. Everyone was really nice and helpful. We definitely plan to stay here again on our next trip to Austin.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank kristenb0530
Hi kristenb0530,

Thank you very much for your kind words and the 5 star evaluation of your stay at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

We truly appreciate you choosing us for your overnight stay.

Thomas

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had a delightful visit..and plan on another soon..We spent Four nights and each day our breakfast was outstanding.. with a sincere caring service ...
Staff was always so very nice and helpful...
We honestly felt so comfortable ...
Weddings are held and setting is lovely
Great conference center .. and this should also be considered .

Room Tip: Our room 136 Laredo Lovely Balcony...Beautiful View
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katarinasea
Hi Katarinasea,

Thank you for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for spending your valuable time writing this review. I truly appreciate your comments and your 5 star rating.

Kindest regards,

GM@VintageVillas.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
La Villa Vista
La Villa Vista
#9 of 35 in Austin
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!