“Staff super helpful, facilities need some updating”

Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #57 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Pennsylvania
“Staff super helpful, facilities need some updating”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were in town for my nephew's wedding and we were pleased with the room. I liked that it had a separate bedroom, so that my early rising husband can watch tv while I sleep in. I was surprised at the breakfast offerings. I expected pastries and bagels, but they provided scrambled eggs, a potato side dish and waffles shaped like the state of Texas!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Though the service, staff, and amenities are all up to par with most Residence Inn hotels, the hotel itself is getting a little old, and dated when compared to newer properties. The breakfast offers some pastries, bagels, toast, waffles, and potatoes, which you really find at most residence inns across the U.S. Don't get me wrong the rooms are clean, and the beds are still pretty good, but the hotel lacks the 'x' factor which makes it great. I would recommend the Residence Inn on Parmer Lane over this one, it is def newer compared to this one. The number one problem is the dated nature of the rooms, which could use some updating. Go to a newer hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
GMRIAustinArboretum, Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear grabamile,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! While we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service with our staff and your clean room we are disappointed to hear the age of the hotel will deter you from another stay with us. Excitedly, we just kicked off our guestroom renovation today! All of our guestrooms will be completely renovated, from the furniture to kitchen cabinets to all new appliances. We hope that you give us another chance once our renovation wraps up in September.

Brittany Gregonis
Assistant General Manager
florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just spent 3nights at this wonderful hotel.
The staff were amongst the friendly staff I have encountered in many hotel stays.
The rooms are very large and comfortable with a flat screen tv,coffee and even free popcorn
Breakfast and the managers dinner hour were very good.
The hotel is near major freeways which makes it easy to drive to Austin's many tourists activities.
As travel agents we would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockdale, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff at this hotel was extremely professional and helpful. However the room was not very clean and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. The location was excellent however I doubt that will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask about the bedding when making a reservation before you book the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Dan R,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property. We strive to ensure that every guest that stays with us has a perfect stay and we are very sorry that we did not achieve this during your stay. I would love a chance to speak with you in more detail regarding your experience in an effort to make this right. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly and asking to speak with the General Manager.

I look forward to speaking with you!

At your service,
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was in Austin to run the 3M half marathon and chose the Residence Inn because it's within walking distance of the start line, and I'm a Marriott junky anyway. The breakfast room was just renovated and is very, very nice.

The people at the guest check-in were all very friendly and outgoing. Each evening when I returned I had quite an in-depth, intelligent conversation with the young man from Great Britain who worked the evening shift (I forget his name). It was very refreshing. This is a franchise location, and it is pretty old, but they are making great strides toward getting things up to date.

Overall I was not disappointed with my stay. The value for the price I paid was a little better than you can expect to find in this part of Austin.

Everything was in good working order, clean, and comfortable. If I return to Austin I'll stay here again unless I get a better deal at the Austin Renaissance which is lovely.

Room Tip: It's pretty close to the junction of Hwy 183 and Mopac so there is some road noise, not overpowe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Mr. Dolthack,

We can't thank you enough for the review. Your evening conversations were with Ricky, one of our guest service representatives. We love to hear when guests talk about how great their stay was, especially how friendly our staff is as we are currently ranked in the top 5% of all Residence Inn by Marriotts in the world! We strive to ensure that you enjoy your stay and if there is anything that we can do to make it better then we will do it! Thanks again for your time and we wish you a great day!

Cary, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I checked in and discussed local craft beer and the front desk gave me a free beer coupon to a local microbrewery, so a great start. The hotel had a cocktail event at the hotel later on with some good snacks and free low end beers. Still nice. The staff was friendly. Good stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Djrrossi,

WOW! What a great review!! WE can't tell you how excited we were to read the review! We really appreciate your willingess to tell other guests about your stay! We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

At your service,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 March 2014

There was not very much hot water for a shower in the morning. Hot water in the morning is just one of those basics that a hotel should have plenty of. Breakfast was not great, as the eggs and bacon were cold. The carpet in the room was pretty stained. The room was starting to look dated. Overall, I have stayed at much nicer Marriott's.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M W
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear M W,

First and foremost the purpose of this follow up correspondence is simple but yet very important. Upon reading your recent review regarding your experience at our facility it is very clear that we fell below the standards that we like to provide each and every guest when they stay with us. I would love to speak with you in more detail in an effort to make this right. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly at 512-502-8200. Your 100% satisfaction is of the upmost importance when staying with us and we are deeply sorry that the stay was below average. Please consider me at your service! I look forward to hearing from you.