“Last Minute Room in Austin”

La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol
Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I tend to stay at La Quintas when I am in the south where they are plentiful because of the general quality of service and the cleanliness of the room. This was no exception! The front desk clerks were helpful, and the valet parker even more so. I was having issues with my car, and this worker actually called a mechanic friend of his so that I would be able to get my car looked at.

The cost was a little higher than I was used to, as was the having to pay for parking. The location was great, though. I was very near the capital, 6th street was a short walk away. I would not have minded staying even longer if I wasn't so concerned about cost.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

3  Thank A La Quinta traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Benbrook, Texas, USA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable hotel that is walking distance to pretty much everything in downtown Austin, then La Quinta Capitol is the right place. My husband and I have been staying there for ACL weekend for the last three years, and we plan to use this hotel in the future when we visit Austin. It's an old hotel, and it isn't pretty to look at. Don't expect the guest rooms to be any different. The beds, HVAC, and the TV are upgraded, but that's about it......there aren't any plugs on the nightstand for charging cell phones.....these rooms are almost solidly stuck in 1985. But we don't care. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the AC works like a charm, and we didn't have to use our car for four days.....everything is a comfortable walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We booked this hotel as we wanted to be able to walk to 6th street. On arrival we used the valet (extra charge) but it was easy. We had a room on the third floor, nice and large and clean. Service was good no complaints would stay there again

Room Tip: You can ask for a ground room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheScubaDuo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Easy checkin, mandatory Valet parking but price is right at 12. 99 a night and given that it's right on E. 11th Street with no real parking, Valet is a good thing. For the money and location, the room wasn't too bad. The bed was very comfortable, the AC worked Great (albeit noisy), and it's within walking distance of many attractions downtown. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: remember, parking is Mandatory Valet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly L
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We have stayed in this hotel a couple of times whilst visiting Austin from Australia. Never had any issues until I stayed again very recently. The fellow who checked us in was rude, obviously having a bad day , the room - well not even sure where to start. I was a solo traveller this time and was dissappinted to find that my room was directly next to the main entrance door, no door jam and i felt extremely unsafe( the door shook every time someone slammed the glass doors), The noise was terrible , hearing every other visitor coming in and out just wasn't pleasant at all. I asked to be moved and was advised that this option couldn't be offered...I accepted this as i was already frustrated and feeling like I was putting the grumpy desk clerk out.Despite cocroaches crawling up the walls and not so clean room and filthy desk chair, decided I would just stay put and complain upon checkout when he wasn't there however I vow never to stay here again which is disspointing given we have had such good experiences previously, Upon checkout I advised the lady clerk who apologised , however still insisted I pay for a nights valet parking for my friend who stayed due to me being so uncomfortable even thought the boys in the carparking who were awesome by the way insisted that I didn't have to pay. Not happy at all.....and wont be going back nor recommending to my fellow travelling friends.

Room Tip: Ensure you do not accept the room directly next to the glass entrance doors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Andipopy
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed overnight there befor going back to san antinio the hotel was very clean and the
staff were very friendly and helpful also had continental breakfast bagels coffee muffins
toast and more. there is not a thing I did not like about it would stay again when I go back
to austin

Room Tip: ask to see the room if they are not busy
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo