“I love staying here when in Austin.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport
Ranked #114 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Amarillo, Texas
“I love staying here when in Austin.”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

When going to Austin on business, I like to know that I can get a room at the last minute at the La Quinta on Ben White Blvd. I am a day sleeper and the staff takes me serious when I tell them I need a quite place in the hotel.
The breakfast is average, but a friendly staff that oversees it. Nice fitness room if that is what you do.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank John S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I can't say that anything is handy in Austin, but travelling from this La Quinta to our several destinations was not complicated by the location. Your stay will be very different depending upon where your room is; we had a second floor room facing the pool out back and it was quiet and the trees and birds made for a getaway feel. The room was open and spacious enough, very clean and comfortable. Loved the kolaches and Texas shaped waffles, nice fresh fruit salad at breakfast. Staff were friendly and hospitable. All in all this property is a very decent choice. My husband wasn't thrilled with the lighting in the room, not enough he said. The only complaint I had (and overheard) was the slow elevator; folks on the fifth floor were not pleased with the wait.

Room Tip: The back side of this hotel is the quiet side, and the only real complaint I have is the abysmally s...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed in this property twice a year for the past several years as the chaperone for a sports team. The management always gets our reservation right and the property continues to be in good shape even as the years pass. The breakfast is pretty good - but if you want more, you can walk over to Denny's. There are usually kolaches, hard boiled eggs, and the Texas shaped waffles that you expect from LQs in Texas. Comfortable beds, Not the cheapest, but reliable and no particular down sides to this LQ.

Room Tip: You can ask to be on the side that faces away from the busy road, although you really can't hear...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at the La Quinta Austin Airport for three nights for a business event. This property is located very close to the airport on Hwy 71 (also known as Ben White Blvd), and a fairly easy commute to downtown Austin (by Austin standard). Despite its proximity to the airport, the property is surprisingly quiet from planes. However, if your room faces the main road, expect road noise.

The property has the typical ammenities for hotels of this class. In addition, refrigerator and a small microwave also come standard in each room. The staff is very friendly, and rooms are clean. Unfortunately, the hotel falls far short in other areas...

This hotel is slipping into a state of disrepair. Water and moisture is apparently this property's primary nemesis. Majority of the windows have a foggy film trapped inside the double pane glass. Also, both mine and my colleage's room have water damage on the window sill. Following a stormy night, I saw a couple of buckets in the lobby collecting rain water. Further, one of the side entrances does not require a room key to open, which to me is a safety issue.

I am a business traveler who visits Austin regularly (and I have stayed at most of the hotels in the immediate area). This is by far not the worst hotel I've ever visited. However, I would rather stay at other hotels in the immediate area given the choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed one night at the Austin, TX Airport La Quinta.

La Quintas in general are reliable places to stay, and this was no exception. The room was spacious, even for one with a king sized bed. It was clean as a whistle. I had to go aske for a second roll of toilet paper as the only one in the bathroom was almost done. The front desk staff were polite and efficient. Service was nice. I didn't eat the complimentary breakfast, as it was your basic generic motel breakfast.

I had a few complaints. I'd just spent the week at a dressage clinic near Houston, and had a suitcase full of laundry. The staff at the front desk said I was welcome to use the hotel laundry, but they had no laundry detergent. Why not? They just didn't, but if I wanted, I could go 'across the street" to a convenience store and buy it.

Well, no. That highway the motel is on is, like all roads in Texas, full of traffic at extremely high speeds. Where the heck are all these folks going so fast, and why? But I had no desire to walk across the street, so I didn't get my laundry done.
My second gripe was with the A/C unit in my room.
I had picked up a hideous ( I STILL have the hideous) head cold while in Houston. And a cold front had moved into the area. I'd packed for 90 degree temps and there I was, freezing my tuckus off in 42 degree temps. Needless to say, I was miserable, cold with a head cold. Not a fun combination.
It appeared to me that the room had no heat. The air conditioner worked great, but I didn't want to be cold, I wanted it HOT in that room. Once I turned on the unit, it would go no higher than 75 degrees and even then, it was blowing in cold air, not hot.
I couldn't get it to shut off once I started it working. So I unplugged it, folded up the quite warm blanket on the bed and did get warm.

I plugged it back in when I left the next morning.

You don't have to get back in the car to go get something to eat. There's a Denny's on one side and a Subway's across the side road. Yeah, it's not a full meal deal, but who wants to fly on a full stomach?

All in all, it was a well run motel, and I'd go there again. But please, management, provide your front desk with laundry detergent. Your customers will appreciate it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
central tx
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stay here when we are flying out of Austin.Awesome rooms.Shuttle service to and from the airport is great. awesome location. Clean rooms and facility.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I love this hotel. I have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed my stay. They allow pets which is always great for us. We received a room downstairs and the hallway had other guests with dogs which was perfect for us. The breakfast buffet is nothing spectacular but my husband and I enjoy their waffles. It is not close to downtown but we always prefer it so we can get away from the hustle and bustle. I know for a fact that they offer a shuttle service from the airport so that is always a plus. i personally have never used it. The rooms are always clean for a hotel and my husband and I have nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: If you have pets stay on the 1st floor, it is easier to use the side doors because it has grassy are...
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple