“Travels with My Dog”

Ranked #114 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Jacksonville, Florida
“Travels with My Dog”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Check in was what I expected, I had made online reservations and my room was ready when I arrived. I was traveling with my Lab and there were areas to walk her with grass. The pool area was landscaped very nice. The room was on the first floor which was nice when I had to take my dog out. Good outside lights at night. The room/bed was comfortable. Denny's next door. Other fast foods in the area. Location was good as the Inn is right off the highway. Breakfast was normal LQ. Check out easy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelswithDaisy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We chose this hotel for the shuttle service to the airport. They were great and friendly and got us to and from airport. No issue. The issue came with the room. While looking for the room service menu, i was hit in the air by object i thought was a pen. After closer inspection it was a needle. I grabbed the needle in a kleenex and brought it to front desk. They offered to reduce the cost of the room. When i checked out they took a whole $12 off. Really. Wont stay here again.

Room Tip: Room on back side away from street. alot of street noise in our room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Due to weather in DFW, I endured a cancelled flight, many stand-by flights and a 16 hour day of frustrations and many miles in the air. I finally ended up in AUS, where I promptly called LQ and settled in for a 4-hour 'nap' before returning to the airport for my last leg home to DFW. The staff (Michael) was wonderful, as was the limo drive (don't recall his name). And when I left the hotel at 0530 the next morning to return to the airport, the breakfast was already laid out. It gave me a chance to have a nice bite to eat, before I was on the road again. Thank you for your wonderful service. I always feel 'at home' at LQ.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is the first time we have stayed at a La Quinta and we found aVery Friendly & informed staff, very clean hotel and spacious rooms, great breakfast selection, quick to replenish food, dog friendly, very quiet hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2013

In the beginning; not bad. When we noticed people were squealing when coming out of hot tub and were beat red; we alerted two female staff. They laughed, said they were locked out of the area to monitor the gauges. We checked later and the gate was not locked. The gauge said 150 degrees. We have photos. Also of a guest after attempting to sit in the hot tub. No matter what the improvements; safety needs to come first or nothing else matters.

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2013

When I arrived I was promptly greeted and checked in. The staff was efficient and competent. They instructed me about the morning breakfast and elevator locations. Pleasant experience. I told them I was there to fly out early in the morning. They let me know about onsite parking and their shuttle service to the area that ran regularly. That really made it easy and worthwhile to stay there. The room was well done and the bed was comfortable. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo