“Our Saving Grace!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #105 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Garland, Texas
“Our Saving Grace!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Had originally booked at the Austin South location, but they had no water & kept promising it would be on, "very soon." Five hours later, still no water, so I called Member Services and had them cancel the room & book us at the Austin Airport location. For only $15 more for the night, the property, room and service were all SO much better. We certainly got much more than our $15 worth!

Breakfast was typical La Quinta, not top-notch, but not bad, either. Well stocked and well displayed. A freshly made, tropical fruit salad was the stand-out, in my opinion.

Good location too, although Austin's small size probably contributed to that perception. We were out the door and parked on S. Congress within 20 minutes!

I will definitely consider this La Quinta my first choice next time I go to Austin.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wimberley, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you chose to stay at this location beware that the road construction starts up around 9pm each night until about 6am each morning. The loud noise and constant beeping of trucks, construction equipment digging the road out, and bright lighting makes it impossible to sleep. We had a suite that we finally drug the bed into the front room trying to get away from the windows as much as possible but to no avail.

Even flight crews that were staying here mentioned the next morning they could not sleep either due to the noise. At least their rooms were on the other side of the hotel, but it appeared that did not make much difference

We like this location due to being close to the airport and we had a 6am flight out so we had to get up at 330am to be ready. Due to this we did not try to change rooms but wish we would have

Also this suite room had dirty sheets and pillow cases with stains from a previous guest. Also no toilet paper, shampoo, etc at all in room.

As an elite customer, I even had to request the promised upgrade only to be told that since I was using points, I was not allowed to have the upgraded room. Corporate office states this is not LQ policy and had never heard of a location stating this. Jason at this location did, but finally upgraded us to the dirty room over the construction ?? Intentional ?? Probably

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else until construction is over. Hotel states it is scheduled to take about 18-24 mor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I moved from CA to VA with two St. Bernards and an 18-year-old cat, so my opinions are heavily weighted in how pet friendly a place is.
The room was set at an angle even though it was in the middle of the hallway, so there were odd corners. One whole wall (under the window) was a counter - I guess for a desk?
Lots of grassy area surrounding for walking the dogs - it's kind of a business park area.
It was warm and muggy in Austin and the A/C worked great.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I spent the night of June 3, 2013 here after a late arrival at the airport.This hotel runs a shuttle later than other airport hotels which is the main reason I chose it. The room was very clean, beds super comfortable, very good breakfast, and it was fairly priced. It was a stressful situation as I was on the way to a hospital where my son was in ICU. Cindy at the front desk was extremely helpful in arranging transportation and sharing pertinent information.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stay at La Quinta Inns frequently. We stayed at this one recently, since we were leaving out of the Austin airport early in the morning. This has to be one of the nicest ones that I have stayed at .The rooms were spotless. The staff was friendly. The bed was very comfortable. The towels were large and fluffy resort type towels. They will let you leave your car there and you can take the shuttle to the airport. We didn't do that, but we noticed that they have several vans and you can tell them what time you need to leave in the morning. They serve breakfast extra early, so even if your flight leaves out early, you can still grab something to eat. Most of the dining places at the airport were barely starting to open when we go there, so we would probably not have been able to grab anything to eat at the airport. They have a nice variety of food, including eggs, biscuits and sausage, as well as fresh fruit and fruit salad.The coffee was good and they had Splenda. I really can't think of anything I would have suggested to improve this stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the highway and the noise never bothered me as some have stated.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I travel every week, and hotels like this make me really want to buy a nice RV! This is a strange place indeed, the staff is very nice, the hotel is NOT. I never stay in La Quinta's because they simply are not great usually. It was after midnight when I arrived in Austin, I needed a hotel fast and grabbed the La Quinta shuttle at the Austin airport. The shuttle driver was great, but the experience went downhill from there.
Front desk kid told me the only rooms left were smoking rooms, why the hell to hotels still have smoking rooms? Can this be good for business? This place has smoking rooms, AND allows dogs, one of which woke up the entire hallway in the morning as it barked and the idiot owner did nothing.
Air conditioner in my room did not work adequately, bathtub was not cleaned, bar of soap from the last guy was still in the tub, overall the place looks terrible. But here is the really rub...my room was near the highway. I know enough to have asked for a room away from the highway, but remember the smoking rooms, well the only rooms away from the highway were for smokers..so I took the room by the highway, and got out the ear plugs. I have NEVER BEEN IN A ROOM THIS NOISEY in my life. The actually vibrated when big trucks went down the highway out front. I can not blame anyone at the hotel for this, but I warn you, my fellow road warriors, if you want to sleep avoid this place.
It really is strange though..the staff was as nice, and competent, as can be, real pros, almost like they thought they were working at a Ritz. It was really strange that they almost seemed proud of this hotel..good for them. I hope the owner helps them by cleaning up this tired place..a very strange place indeed!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room facing the courtyard...an odd numbered room. If not, you might...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We drove to Austin and stayed here before flying out at 430 AM the next day. We could leave our vehicle there for a nominal charge and the shuttle service to and from the airport was nice to not have to carry luggage across airport parking lot.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for non smoking "SIDE". We got a room on the non smoking floor but it wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family