“Very Good Experience”

Ranked #118 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 13 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2013

First time staying at a La Quinta. This place is great. The room was so clean and pretty. Bed was so comfy. Will definitely stay here again. Staff was so nice and helpful. Love love this place. The courtyard sn pool srea is very nice and private.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This La Quinta is perfectly situated the city. Highway 71/E. Ben White Blvd will take you to the airport in seconds or to the city center in minutes. There is a lot of construction but we encountered none of the noise other complained of.

The lobby is big, the staff is friendly, and from the comp-breakfast to guest services, there is a lot to love here. Our room was big, clean, and well kept. The bathroom showed obvious signs of sheet rock repair but was still very neat.

The driveway is a bit of a challenge with the construction in progress but the parking lot is big, well lit, and patrolled by security at night. There is a Denny's, Subway, and Starbucks within a block.

A note on the frontdesk folk; they are the greatest. I was running late for a conference and my Mrs. planned on simply working in the lobby until the room was ready. I gave the nice lady my card and asked for them to let my Mrs. know when the room was ready, they allowed us to check in then and there, at 09:45. Further, the same lady helped my Mrs. find delivery food as none of the walking-distance joints appealed to her.

We travel to Austin four to six times a year. We've stayed at a variety of hotels but this is always our first choice.

Room Tip: I've stayed on all levels--most recently right off the pool/lobby--and I've never had a bad...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a great place to stay in Austin, TX. I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and each time I enjoy my stay. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and courteous, and the location is great. Its right by the airport, and just down the road from IH-35. The pool area is slightly enclosed, so you don't feel so exposed when relaxing poolside. The fitness center has an easy to use treadmill (next to the window that overlooks the pool), a bike and a weight machine. The lobby is a great place to hang with friends or colleagues while in between events. And the WIFI has a pretty decent speed. All in all, this hotel is a great value.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Had originally booked at the Austin South location, but they had no water & kept promising it would be on, "very soon." Five hours later, still no water, so I called Member Services and had them cancel the room & book us at the Austin Airport location. For only $15 more for the night, the property, room and service were all SO much better. We certainly got much more than our $15 worth!

Breakfast was typical La Quinta, not top-notch, but not bad, either. Well stocked and well displayed. A freshly made, tropical fruit salad was the stand-out, in my opinion.

Good location too, although Austin's small size probably contributed to that perception. We were out the door and parked on S. Congress within 20 minutes!

I will definitely consider this La Quinta my first choice next time I go to Austin.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you chose to stay at this location beware that the road construction starts up around 9pm each night until about 6am each morning. The loud noise and constant beeping of trucks, construction equipment digging the road out, and bright lighting makes it impossible to sleep. We had a suite that we finally drug the bed into the front room trying to get away from the windows as much as possible but to no avail.

Even flight crews that were staying here mentioned the next morning they could not sleep either due to the noise. At least their rooms were on the other side of the hotel, but it appeared that did not make much difference

We like this location due to being close to the airport and we had a 6am flight out so we had to get up at 330am to be ready. Due to this we did not try to change rooms but wish we would have

Also this suite room had dirty sheets and pillow cases with stains from a previous guest. Also no toilet paper, shampoo, etc at all in room.

As an elite customer, I even had to request the promised upgrade only to be told that since I was using points, I was not allowed to have the upgraded room. Corporate office states this is not LQ policy and had never heard of a location stating this. Jason at this location did, but finally upgraded us to the dirty room over the construction ?? Intentional ?? Probably

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else until construction is over. Hotel states it is scheduled to take about 18-24 mor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple