“Another wonderful stay!”

Habitat Suites Hotel
Ranked #63 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at Habitat Suites again this past October. I was given a quiet room in the back of the complex. I was pleased to see that the cable television had been upgraded and new, larger flat screen TVs had been installed. It rained heavily my 3rd night and it was nice to be able to sit on the porch and enjoy the peacefulness! The room was very clean. The only issue I had was from a leak that was discovered on my last morning there, possibly from the coffee maker. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was the first time we stayed in this hotel. What a great place, different from the big chains. Very helpful and very friendly stuff. The room had a lot of space, and the location was very quiet. I have traveled all over the world seen amazing modern fancy places to stay, Habitat Hotel is different that is what I like, it will be my first choice if I am back in Austin. What I like the most is the green route they are taking... great job, I will recommend this place! And not to forget the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Really nice set-up of the two bedrooms. Ample kitchen and beautifully landscaped. We ate a breakfast in the morning with toms of options catering to different dietary needs and it was delicious. The staff is super friendly and we slept really well. It's a plus they are environmentally friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite for a weekend visit to our UT student. Service was impeccable, from check-in to breakfast and happy hour. I couldn't believe how many staff they had for the price of the room. There were two people working at check-in AND two people in the breakfast area. We had to change our reservation twice while there due to weather, and the staff made the changes quickly and efficiently. Breakfast is terrific -- eggs, biscuits (yummy), sausage, cereal, etc. Happy hour features snacks and complimentary wine and beer.

The hotel is clearly an old apartment complex, but the grounds are pretty and the rooms are spacious. There's a nice patio area, although it rained for our entire stay so we couldn't use it. As others have said, it's in a weird area (which is probably why the prices are so low), but we had no problems getting around. It's actually not far from UT, and right off 35. We've made reservations for graduation weekend; with the kitchen, it seems like a great option for an event like commencement.

Room Tip: Our room was to the east side of the property, and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Cute little suite. Good for couples, not suitable for much else. The suite itself was big but you couldn't have anyone else really stay over if need be, couch far too small. Nice to have the kitchen though and the place was clean. Decent price. It's in a very weird area, but we navigated around just fine.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

On short notice, I tried to find weekend accommodations in South Austin but when that didn’t work out I booked a suite at Habitat and was pleasantly surprised.

Before I mention all the positive things, a couple of negatives: I’d read reviews here that mentioned the nearby noisy club, so when my husband called to reserve he asked about a quiet room. He was promised a room in the back, which, we were told, would not only minimize the noise also but give us a view of the garden. When we arrived, however, the room we got faced the front. But because we were running late for our evening plans, we decided not to take the time to complain. On returning late that night, yes, we could definitely hear the club noise. But it was not so loud that it actually kept us awake. We slept fine both nights we were there. (I was more bothered by the broken promise than the actual noise!) My only other quibble had to do with lighting. Our living room had only one small, dim table lamp, which not only made the room a little inhospitable but also made it impossible to sit and read in after dark.

That said, our suite was spacious and clean and our bed comfortable. Great flat-screen TVs in both rooms. The complimentary breakfast was AWESOME: organic yogurt, fresh fruits, a variety of breads, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, oatmeal, cereals, pancakes and plenty of fixin’s (jams, honeys, syrups, etc). Happy hour was just as impressive – with a half-dozen wines to pick from and snacks like cheese, olives, dolmas, hummus, vegetable sticks, and pita chips. Lastly, the staff was terrific: Everyone we spoke to at the front desk was courteous and helpful.

It’s true that Habitat is situated next to a (closed?) shopping mall and that we had to drive a ways to get to our events in So Austin. But given the nice grounds, comfy rooms, generous breakfasts, and friendly staff, we found Habitat a pleasant stay and a great value.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter, I think.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We loved our room. It was quite and large. It's an older building but kept up well. Lots of green plants. Great breakfast and friendly staff. The breakfast had so much to offer from hot food like pancakes and eggs to fresh fruit and cereal.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family