“Great Place, Great Value”

Habitat Suites Hotel
Ranked #63 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three days and were very impressed. I gather the hotel has been renovated within the last year. Our spacious suite consisted of a fair sized living area, full kitchenette, bedroom with a king-size bed and two flat-screen TV's. The free breakfast was very good, and a fine way to start the day. Free beer and wine, along with cheese and crackers, are available on the weekends. The staff could not have been more helpful. We especially enjoyed talking to Jesus, the groundskeeper, and helping to feed his herd of outdoor cats. The hotel is set back from Highland Mall Blvd., which makes it a little bit hard to find although there is a big sign near the entrance. This hotel is conveniently located near I-35 but far away enough to be very quiet. We will certainly stay here next time we visit Austin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Thought I would start off with the complementary beer they give in the late afternoon to people staying in the hotel :) The hotel was a nice one bedroom suite, kitchen items available also. There was also complimentary Breakfast that was very good, steel oatmeal, raw sugar, fruit, greek yogurt, etc.
The only complaint I had was that some tv channels would come and go due to bad signal and if you are in the room when the cleaning crew comes by, don't expect them to return to clean the room. Other than that WiFi in the room, breakfast, short driving distance to downtown and close to fwy makes it an great place to stay. There is also a computer and printer in the lobby for guests to use, that's a plus if you need to print out your tickets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We definitely liked the location of the hotel, a little outside of Austin's hustle and bustle. We got a 1 bedroom with a kitchen, as well as a living room with a fire place ! That was probably my favorite part about the stay, was being able to have a cozy fire. Good breakfast in the morning, and friendly staff. Would recommend it !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at Habitat Suites again this past October. I was given a quiet room in the back of the complex. I was pleased to see that the cable television had been upgraded and new, larger flat screen TVs had been installed. It rained heavily my 3rd night and it was nice to be able to sit on the porch and enjoy the peacefulness! The room was very clean. The only issue I had was from a leak that was discovered on my last morning there, possibly from the coffee maker. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was the first time we stayed in this hotel. What a great place, different from the big chains. Very helpful and very friendly stuff. The room had a lot of space, and the location was very quiet. I have traveled all over the world seen amazing modern fancy places to stay, Habitat Hotel is different that is what I like, it will be my first choice if I am back in Austin. What I like the most is the green route they are taking... great job, I will recommend this place! And not to forget the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Really nice set-up of the two bedrooms. Ample kitchen and beautifully landscaped. We ate a breakfast in the morning with toms of options catering to different dietary needs and it was delicious. The staff is super friendly and we slept really well. It's a plus they are environmentally friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite for a weekend visit to our UT student. Service was impeccable, from check-in to breakfast and happy hour. I couldn't believe how many staff they had for the price of the room. There were two people working at check-in AND two people in the breakfast area. We had to change our reservation twice while there due to weather, and the staff made the changes quickly and efficiently. Breakfast is terrific -- eggs, biscuits (yummy), sausage, cereal, etc. Happy hour features snacks and complimentary wine and beer.

The hotel is clearly an old apartment complex, but the grounds are pretty and the rooms are spacious. There's a nice patio area, although it rained for our entire stay so we couldn't use it. As others have said, it's in a weird area (which is probably why the prices are so low), but we had no problems getting around. It's actually not far from UT, and right off 35. We've made reservations for graduation weekend; with the kitchen, it seems like a great option for an event like commencement.

Room Tip: Our room was to the east side of the property, and was very quiet.