“2nd Visit to this hotel”

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #112 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We loved this hotel the first time we stayed in June 2010. The size of the room is great. We really like the separation of the living and the bedroom. The L shaped couch was a hit before but this time it is like it was smaller and they took one section of it out - not sure but I remembered it differently. Our boys still slept on the sleeper with no complaints. The bedding was nice and lots of pillows.

We stayed in Room 208 and it was a noisy room. Everytime the elevator was in use we heard it and felt it. Not a good thing. Rather annoying after awhile.

We tried to enjoy the complimentary breaklast but it wasn't anything to get excited over. We kept comparing it to our last visit. There were no mini muffins which our children loved last time. This time there were tiny donuts with hairs on them. Needless to say, we had to run to the nearby grocery store to stock up on our own breakfast supplies.

It's sad our second time wasn't as good as the first. It wasn't worth the roomrate at all. The Staybridge Suites down the street from here will now have our business.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2011

This was a great experience and we will be back! Excellent value.

Hotel was very nice and well maintained. Staff was extraordinarily helpful and nice. Truly above average.

Location is excellent. Decor was attractive and room was comfortable. Loved the large TVs.

Hotel was well maintained.

Pool was nothing special but was adequate. Fitness facility very nice.

Food at breakfast was good and coffee excellent. We did have the a la carte eggs on our last day and found them good if a tad overpriced. Worth it for the convenience though. Potatoes they were served with very not very good but this was minor.

We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here last month (the first week in July) for my birthday. We stayed two nights and enjoyed them both thoroughly. The room was a great size, with a sitting room, bar, mini fridge, and plenty of bathroom counter space. The only thing that was strange was that there was no bath tub. But a great shower! I just typically like to take a bubble bath when I'm on vacation, but the shower was a good size, a rain shower head, etc. Beds were very comfortable, plenty of pillows, and extra blankets in the closet. We didn't go to the pool, as it was pretty small and didn't look too appealing, and you're in Austin, head to Barton Springs!

We got the hotel on Priceline for $75, and I've found it for 90-100 on most sites. GREAT price for a lovely hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and nice. A nice selection of pastries, desserts, flavored water, etc, in the bakery case at the check in desk.

The area around it is quite nice with plenty of shopping. Restaurants are okay, lots of chains, but a few great places (Iron Cactus has great dinner and brunch), heard great things about Baby A's, too.

For the price and the space of the room, this hotel is great, and we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We love this hotel because the TVs are upgraded and allow you to bring your own gaming station to hook up. It is in the Arboretum area and near many restaurants and shopping. Sometimes we find great deals, sometimes not. Just keep an eye out! One negative thing is the bathrooms. They are small and the showers are setup in such a way that water leaks onto the floor every time without fail. Another negative-- no room service. You have to go downstairs to order on a touchscreen.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Manager_Arboretum, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you for your continued business. We value our repeat guests and I'm willing to bet that most of our Gallery Hosts probably know you by name. We do often have great promotions so always remember to check directly with the hotel when you know that you are coming so we can help make sure you get the best deal available for your travel dates. I apologize about any inconvenience with the showers; we have people who love them but we are looking into ways to improve the design. In regards to our 24 hour food service, we are select service rather than full service so we do not have a room service department. However, if time allows and one of our Gallery Hosts is free, they may be able to help you out. While we can't promise it, please let us know and if at all possible we will always do everything in our power to make your stay as enjoyable as we can. Thanks again. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I had an excellent stay at your hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us. Kelly Kennedy and Sophie were the sweetest hotel staff I have every come across. They were very professional when they needed to be and witty and funny when I needed them to be. And the shuttle drivers were all top notch.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler013
Manager_Arboretum, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Thank you so much for your business and your kind words regarding our staff. Our guests are important to us and I appreciate knowing that they are being well taken care of. I hope that we see you again next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

Arrived late and the room I had reserved (a king) was not available. I received a double, but given a discount. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The room was average, but comfortable and clean. Great breakfast. Very good value for those traveling on a budget!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Margers

Thank you for your business. We find that many guests do like the value that comes with our all suite concept, especially with breakfast and WIFI included. I apologize about any inconvenience regarding the room type. I'm glad that our staff was able to come up with an acceptable solution. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do and we hope to see you next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. Overall, the hotel itself is above average and makes for a great stay. Unfortunately on our last trip I was overcharged hundreds of dollars and left without resolution to this problem for several days.

Shortly after checking in, I received a text notice from my bank that, not only had my ~$400.00 bill been withdrawn from my account, but an additional ~$700.00 was withdrawn as well! This was on a Saturday; the problem was not resolved until the next Thursday. Along the way to correcting this problem, several more automated withdrawals were made from my account accounting for a total overcharge of around ~$1400.00! None of the reasons gave for this made much sense, and sounded more like excuse-making than apologetic problem-solving. I am fortunate to have a bank that offers text alerts such as this, or I may not have known that this had happened until much later in the process.

As mentioned, the hotel itself is pretty nice; no complaints about the room or other amenities for this price level. Just make sure to check your bill, or you may end up paying a 5-star price for a 3.5-star hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Thank you for your repeat business. We are glad that you enjoy our hotel and appreciate the chance to have you as our guest. I do not have enough information to understand what happened with the billing and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. I assure you that our intention would never be to overcharge anyone or cause any problems with your bank. If the matter is still unresolved, or resolved but not to your satisfaction, please feel free to contact me personally. I genuinely care about your satisfaction. I want you to feel pleased with the outcome and I'd be honored to have you as our guest again next time you are in Austin.