“Great Location”

Ranked #92 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Austin
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Found this hotel on Hotel Tonight App. Had figured it was just a regular room for $119 a night. I arrived, the lobby was great, had 24 hr food service at their little bistro counter and many tables. My stay included breakfast with fresh fruit, breakfast sandwiches, and typical continental style offerings. When I opened the door to my room I was delighted to find a huge spacious SUITE with separate sitting area, Table to eat at, desk, large screen TV. Everything was clean and ready for my stay. The room was energy saver where you put your key in to keep the lights on and had 2 double beds. This would be a great place for those traveling on business or short term interim if you were looking for a place to live in Austin.

Easy Access to 183 and Mopac, very central if you need to travel North or Downtown.
The only issue I had was accessing WiFi but it was late at night and I gave up to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AustinLife
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have found that Hotel Tonight has been a rewarding way of connecting our available rooms with potential guests, and I'm glad you found us through that channel. I'm also very glad that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the room quality and our Gallery amenities, such as the breakfast and all-day menu offerings. I hope that you'll visit us again soon, and that you'll introduce yourself to me during breakfast so I can welcome you properly. It's always good to meet new repeat guests!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I traveled here for business recently. My experience here overall was very good. The staff was friendly on every interaction. The room I had was very spacious. This was my first stay, thus I can't speak to every room. There was specific living/work area located when you walk into the room with a large, full size sofa, desk, counter, refrigerator. The sleeping area was located past the living area. There was a large screen HD TV set up to service both areas. The sink was located outside of the bathroom which is great with families while someone is using shower, etc.

The breakfast was excellent as compared to other hotel free breakfast offerings. You can also get food 24 hours a day with a decent section to suit my needs. There are a few restaurants and a shopping area in walking distance.

There are a few cons that didn't make or break my stay. My room had option for adjoining room which I do not like because it's typically noisier, hearing the people in the room next door, which was the case with my stay. I could hear the neighbors talking and their television. The wireless internet has 2 options, free (but bandwidth is limited) and $10 (I think) for more bandwidth. I could make do with the free option but if you want to stream content, it's not enough. The fitness room was small, 2 treadmills, elliptical, bike, and a few weights. They were all occupied when I tried to use them.

I do travel to Austin frequently and will certainly consider coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no adjoining door.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to record your comments; I appreciate the feedback. We certainly look forward to your next visit, and I invite you to make a request, when you book your reservation, for a room without a connecting door. We only have 1 pair of connecting rooms per floor (excluding wheelchair-accessible rooms), so it should not be too difficult to accommodate such a reasonable request. I'm surprised, regretfully, to hear about your experience with the exercise room. I must admit that I walk by the room multiple times a day and have never seen it so busy as you describe. I can only imagine that you visited during a period of unusually high demand for the fitness center. I apologize for the inconvenience.
I welcome your return to Austin, and I invite you to introduce yourself to me during breakfast. I hope to see you soon, and to have the opportunity to make you as comfortable as possible while you're here.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Sometimes when I cant get a room at the Renaissance I book the Hyatt place, its a great little hotel and a place to put down your bags when traveling on business or private. They have a good free breakfast in the morning, its a buffet, a bit simple but good. They have free WIFI, it doesn't have great coverage everywhere in the hotel but it works and it is free. The pool is great and rarely used so you can relax a saturday morning before going in an doing your job. Rooms are big and clean, which is always a great thing when you come in late and when you are tired. Value wise they are a bit on the pricy side for what you get, they cost same as Renaissance but isnt the same really. However compared to all hotels around they are a clear better option and is always my second pick when I come in to Austin. Going down downtown they will charge way too much, and up north you get a great price and great served and only 12-15 minutes drive into downtown. GOOD VALUE!

Room Tip: negotiate price a bit, shop around so you know price picture and use that data but pick Hyatt above...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I can certainly understand your preference for staying at a full-service conference hotel such as the Renaissance, and I am glad that you consider us a consistent and reliable second choice for your needs. Of course, we don't try to compete with the Renaissance Hotel, and it is gratifying to me that you choose us over those hotels with which we do compete. We will always be glad to see you when you are in Austin. Please feel free to contact me personally, or our Director of Sales, if you would like to elaborate on what you think we could do better. Thank you for your time, and also for your ongoing business. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Great location, really close to restaurants and shopping malls. Its located right behind a restaurant and a highway, but at night it was very quiet. The room was large, and clean. The shower was a little moldy, and the bathroom was REALLY small. Compare to breakfast at other Hyatt Place, I thought the breakfast was a little limited. They were serving hot ham, egg and cheese on a biscuit, but since we don’t eat ham we requested to get two made without. The cook gave as an attitude, but still made them. Really didn't enjoy the attitude 8 in the morning.

Over all it was good stay, no major complains.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for your remarks. I am sorry that you were met during the morning hours with an uncooperative Host, I will address your negative experience with my staff. Since you did request a menu item we normally offer, with only one ingredient withheld, I see no reason that we could not have provided that to you promptly and courteously. Especially in accommodation of a special dietary need. The experience you had was not what we want our guests to be provided; we strive to do better, and we will make sure that your next visit will be better. In addition, I will make sure our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer re-inspect our bathrooms, since mold is a serious and unhealthy situation that must be resolved immediately. If you have any additional concerns, I hope you will contact me personally to address them, so that we may better exceed your expectations the next time you are in Austin. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your disappointment.
Graford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I have been to this hotel three times now and every time I go the service is excellent. They do everything they can to keep you happy. When they make up their rooms everything is done just right. I want to thank all the employees for going the extra mile to please their customers....this cannot be found in other places in Austin such as the Lakeway Resort that costs twice as much as this hotel but really does not care about their care.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dwallner
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
I am so gratified to read your comments, and thank you so much for sharing them on TripAdvisor. I will be especially eager to share your review with our Executive Housekeeper, who is relatively new to our business, and is doing an excellent job making sure each of our guests experiences as perfect a guest room as possible. And I will also share your thoughts with our talented Hosts, who take great pride in personally accommodating every guest. I look forward to your next stay, and I hope you will introduce yourself to me, so I can make your acquaintance as well. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Clean, comfortable, quiet. Breakfast sandwiches, cereal, real fruit,Starbucks coffee, juice, fruit real plates and cups. Large exercise room, outdoor pool, Lobby bar that serves OK brand liquor and their 24/7 appetizers or sandwiches meet the bill since there are many good restaurants within a few miles.

Room Tip: If you stay on even numbered rooms it would be away from the highway. On & off the highway of T...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to record your impressions of our hotel. We appreciate your business, and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Austin. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you think of anything we can do to improve your next stay.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We frequently stay at Hyatt Places, because they offer quality accommodation at a reasonable price. The General Manager here, Miriam Moorman, did an exceptional job of making our stay enjoyable. Not only was she pleasant, but also very responsive to several requests. Highly recommend this Hyatt Place if you are visiting Austin. Access to downtown is easy and there are 2 shopping malls nearly, as well as a number of restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you so much for your business and for your kind words. I am pleased that your stay went well and it is our sincere desire to take that kind of care of all of our guests. I hope that we will see you again soon in Austin.