“Restful”

Ranked #111 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Restful”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Nice place...The rooms are spacious--the bathroom could be a bit bigger but it wasnt a problem. We liked the pool and the location--a quick trip down the highway to downtown Austin. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were really delicious! I loved the little breakfast sandwiches!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Place, and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've never stayed at a Hyatt Place but was overall pleased with everything. Most importantly the front desk radiated excellent customer service, efficiency and friendly attitude which usually gives me a feel that I am going to have a good experience. It was UT commencement and I booked 6 weeks in advance through Priceline "name your own price", I was glad to at least get a room in town so obviously I wasn't crazy about the location (Not the hotels fault), I'm sure it's great for some people and close to the Arboretum. Nice colorful lobby, room had a nice layout, I was disappointed there was no free wifi. The place was only 2 years old and our room had that wear and tear, unique to Austin hotels. Room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was complimentary and very good. There is also a 24 hour bistro type cafe , full bar, pretty much all you need. Probably most I've ever paid on "name your own price", but can't complain, the kid graduated...finally, so, it was all good. I've avoided the chain hotels lately but my experience here changes my opinion. Again, I had to pay too much because I waited too late to book.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you so much for your recent business. We value our guests and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate to be one of the most centrally located hotels in the Domain/Arboretum area so we are very popular and some days can book up well in advance. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you might be coming to Austin and I will do my best to make sure that you get the very best deal possible. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the WiFi as it is complimentary in both the public areas and all guest rooms. I hope that we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future.
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Our first time to Austin (early May) and we loved the Hyatt Place downtown location. Javier welcomed us, gave us lots of helpful information about the area, restaurants, and where to walk/where not to walk after dark. His enthusiasm still makes me smile. The rooms and bathroom were wonderful. Valet service was great and very helpful with departing directions. Breakfast was very nice. Construction is going on all around the area but it didn't distract from our stay at the hotel. I'd definitely stay at another Hyatt Place. Thank you, and especially to Javier.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for choosing Hyatt Place. I wish I could take credit for your stay but it sounds like you were actually at our downtown location. Brad and Lori do a great job at that hotel and I'm so pleased the Javier gave you such great service that you wanted to recognize him. I will make sure that we let him know how valuable he is to Hyatt. One great thing about Hyatt Place is that you can count on the product being consistent from place to place and if you are ever back in Austin, we hope that you will choose Hyatt Place again.
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Sometimes a little understaffed for free breakfast. Would stay again if working in arboretum. The gym has 2 treadmills which were very well maintained. But don.t go during rush hour. Free headphones were a nice touch.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BIG_SOS
Thank you for your kind words about our property. We do love SXSW and enjoy the festival goers we have at the hotel. We are perfect for guest wanting to be near the Domain or the Arboretum in Northwest Austin and very happy to be the main backup to those wishing to be near downtown. We do have a Hyatt Place downtown and we would always be honored to have you back if you choose to stay with us again next time.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I like Hyatt hotels in general. This one in particular is likable as well. The staff is good, they have a breakfast that tastes homemade, with choices of yogurt, fruit, bagels/toast and even a breakfast sandwich, which was really pretty good. Juices and milk too, plus coffee (which was a bit too weak for my taste).

The room I had was pretty big. I didn't think I had a suite, but there was a sectional couch in a 'pre-room' area before 2 full beds. One bed was terrible but the other was fine.

One thing I like about Hyatt's is they give you toothpaste. :)

Staff was friendly and the hotel was quiet. Good price too considering they probably could charge more with the SxSW festival going on.

My main issue was that it was about 15 mins outside of downtown Austin. So if you are there for SxSW or another Austin-central event, you need to rent a car. The shuttles won't go all the way downtown. The trip to downtown isn't bad, and it's a straight shot, but you sure can't walk. :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with our hotel. I'm glad you were pleased with the amenities, and especially with the service. It's an uncommon luxury for us to have a culinary school-trained Host preparing our breakfast options for us; not very many Hyatt Place hotels can boast that! Your comments about our location are accurate; we serve a concentration of technology and software companies in Northwest Austin. Of course, visitors can be hard-pressed to find reasonably-priced accommodations in the city center when the largest music festival of its kind is taking place there. I would like to point out that, in lieu of renting a car and having to contend with downtown parking, our Hosts are more than happy to provide complimentary shuttle service to the nearby public bus and commuter rail stations, or to arrange a third-party shuttle service to downtown. Those are excellent options to travel the 10 miles to the heart of the city, not only during special events, but every day.
Thank you again for your remarks. I hope we'll see you again, if not during the SXSW Festival, perhaps during Austin City Limits, or the U.S. Grand Prix Formula 1 race!
Austin
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Found this hotel on Hotel Tonight App. Had figured it was just a regular room for $119 a night. I arrived, the lobby was great, had 24 hr food service at their little bistro counter and many tables. My stay included breakfast with fresh fruit, breakfast sandwiches, and typical continental style offerings. When I opened the door to my room I was delighted to find a huge spacious SUITE with separate sitting area, Table to eat at, desk, large screen TV. Everything was clean and ready for my stay. The room was energy saver where you put your key in to keep the lights on and had 2 double beds. This would be a great place for those traveling on business or short term interim if you were looking for a place to live in Austin.

Easy Access to 183 and Mopac, very central if you need to travel North or Downtown.
The only issue I had was accessing WiFi but it was late at night and I gave up to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AustinLife
Thank you for your comments. We have found that Hotel Tonight has been a rewarding way of connecting our available rooms with potential guests, and I'm glad you found us through that channel. I'm also very glad that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the room quality and our Gallery amenities, such as the breakfast and all-day menu offerings. I hope that you'll visit us again soon, and that you'll introduce yourself to me during breakfast so I can welcome you properly. It's always good to meet new repeat guests!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I traveled here for business recently. My experience here overall was very good. The staff was friendly on every interaction. The room I had was very spacious. This was my first stay, thus I can't speak to every room. There was specific living/work area located when you walk into the room with a large, full size sofa, desk, counter, refrigerator. The sleeping area was located past the living area. There was a large screen HD TV set up to service both areas. The sink was located outside of the bathroom which is great with families while someone is using shower, etc.

The breakfast was excellent as compared to other hotel free breakfast offerings. You can also get food 24 hours a day with a decent section to suit my needs. There are a few restaurants and a shopping area in walking distance.

There are a few cons that didn't make or break my stay. My room had option for adjoining room which I do not like because it's typically noisier, hearing the people in the room next door, which was the case with my stay. I could hear the neighbors talking and their television. The wireless internet has 2 options, free (but bandwidth is limited) and $10 (I think) for more bandwidth. I could make do with the free option but if you want to stream content, it's not enough. The fitness room was small, 2 treadmills, elliptical, bike, and a few weights. They were all occupied when I tried to use them.

I do travel to Austin frequently and will certainly consider coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no adjoining door.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to record your comments; I appreciate the feedback. We certainly look forward to your next visit, and I invite you to make a request, when you book your reservation, for a room without a connecting door. We only have 1 pair of connecting rooms per floor (excluding wheelchair-accessible rooms), so it should not be too difficult to accommodate such a reasonable request. I'm surprised, regretfully, to hear about your experience with the exercise room. I must admit that I walk by the room multiple times a day and have never seen it so busy as you describe. I can only imagine that you visited during a period of unusually high demand for the fitness center. I apologize for the inconvenience.
I welcome your return to Austin, and I invite you to introduce yourself to me during breakfast. I hope to see you soon, and to have the opportunity to make you as comfortable as possible while you're here.