“Nice and easy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #79 of 197 Hotels in Austin
“Nice and easy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first experience staying at a Hyatt place. It was very cozy and located close to our office in Austin. Breakfast was great. Service was great. Leanne checked me in with a smile. Jason helped us plan dinner for the week and was very informative. Will stay again for sure while in Austin.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was my first stay at this Hyatt Place and I am happy to report that it is up to the same standards as I have experienced at other Hyatt Places - nice, clean, spacious room. Decent wifi and good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Granbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was my first stay at this Hyatt and it was a grand experience. The staff was ever so friendly and attentive. My room was spacious, well appointed and very clean. It is what you expect to find when visiting a Hyatt Hotel. Their restaurant and bar was very good too. I must say that I am more than pleased with the experience and will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buddymusic
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The front desk staff was very nice. The lobby is great. It is close to good shopping. So, overall, a good stay.

But, there is a little room for improvement. The breakfast wasn't good. Normally I don't care about stuff like this because I will usually go out for breakfast anyway, but when you advertise a hot breakfast I think you should live up to that. It just wasn't good.

The only other thing that I didn't care for here was the layout of the room. Its like an old school hotel- where your sink is outside of the bathroom thus putting it inside the bedroom. If one person gets up and the other doesn't, well that's not an option. When you cut on the light and start running the water- that other person has no choice but to wake up.

With that said- this is great for business travelers or youth groups. And overall, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We were able to grab an autumn special rate which made this hotel a great choice. While not terribly convenient for downtown sites, the hotel is in a great part of Austin and is convenient to expressways. The hotel itself is well kept and clean. Staff is cordial and attentive. The room is quite a good size with a nice sectional type couch, refrigerator, workspace. The partial partition between the living area and bed creates a nice visual divider. Breakfast was fair but not much variety. Heavy on carbs, weak on protein options. The pool area was definitely a disappointment and the pool itself was not clean.

All in all, a good place to stay Atari decent price.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you Steve. We appreciate your business and your kind remarks. I sincerely apologize about the pool. My maintenance engineer is quite attentive and it is usually very clean. Please know that the experience you had is not typical. As far as food options, we do have a 24 hour menu with much more variety. Breakfast is kept more simple to make sure that the hotels are able to remain consistent and we can often make special orders during breakfast if we have the ingredients. Please let us know next time you are staying with us.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Attendants super friendly, nice breakfast room (American style), allowed forward purchases in advance of my arrival, close to Best Buy, Toy's R Us and other stores. Outside the malls beside you will need a car to any other activity, even to get to a good restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Eduardo for your kind remarks about our staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in Austin. Keep in mind that we have a complimentary shuttle which runs to all area dining, shopping, and attractions and we're happy to help you find the fastest or most affordable transportation anywhere else in town.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Nice place. Clean. Well appointed.
But you would think that front desk staff would - first off - be made aware of a plumbing problem, second, have a clue as to the estimated time to repair, and finally...offer some sort of discount, apology, compensation for the simple fact that THERE WAS NO HOT WATER!

GEEZ!

Green Features: The thermostat was set at least 5 degrees too cool to even pretend that they care about the environment.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fred s
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We can't fix a problem if we're not aware of it! I am sorry that you had such a disappointing experience.
I am aware that our property water had to be shut off briefly to repair a burst pipe. Once the water was turned back on, it took a while for our large water heaters to refill, and to re-heat the water for the property. As you point out, the issue is frustrating because of the lack of communication, and for that I apologize. We will certainly endeavor to improve the communication between our shifts, so that all of our staff is aware in the infrequent case that we have an service interruption due to repairs.
I invite you to return to our hotel so that we can have a second opportunity to meet your expectations. And I ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally welcome you back and ensure that your stay is of the high quality we provide to all of our guests. Again, thank you for your business, and for letting us know of your experience.