“Excellent in every way”

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #113 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. Our room was huge! I expected just a normal room with two beds, but there was a large living room type area with a big comfortable couch . Every single staff member was polite, enthusiastic, helpful. The breakfast was excellent - hot Egg McMuffin type breakfast sandwiches, waffles, fresh fruit such as grapefruit, melons, etc, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee. I saw a man arrive too late for the breakfast and the staff kindly made him his own complete breakfast including hot items. In the room, hot water was plentiful and had good pressure. There was a free and convenient shuttle to shopping areas. I also want to shout out to Fairin, a staff member who was extra kind and friendly! What a wonderful asset to your team!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Magnolia L

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first experience staying at a Hyatt place. It was very cozy and located close to our office in Austin. Breakfast was great. Service was great. Leanne checked me in with a smile. Jason helped us plan dinner for the week and was very informative. Will stay again for sure while in Austin.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was my first stay at this Hyatt Place and I am happy to report that it is up to the same standards as I have experienced at other Hyatt Places - nice, clean, spacious room. Decent wifi and good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was my first stay at this Hyatt and it was a grand experience. The staff was ever so friendly and attentive. My room was spacious, well appointed and very clean. It is what you expect to find when visiting a Hyatt Hotel. Their restaurant and bar was very good too. I must say that I am more than pleased with the experience and will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buddymusic
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The front desk staff was very nice. The lobby is great. It is close to good shopping. So, overall, a good stay.

But, there is a little room for improvement. The breakfast wasn't good. Normally I don't care about stuff like this because I will usually go out for breakfast anyway, but when you advertise a hot breakfast I think you should live up to that. It just wasn't good.

The only other thing that I didn't care for here was the layout of the room. Its like an old school hotel- where your sink is outside of the bathroom thus putting it inside the bedroom. If one person gets up and the other doesn't, well that's not an option. When you cut on the light and start running the water- that other person has no choice but to wake up.

With that said- this is great for business travelers or youth groups. And overall, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were able to grab an autumn special rate which made this hotel a great choice. While not terribly convenient for downtown sites, the hotel is in a great part of Austin and is convenient to expressways. The hotel itself is well kept and clean. Staff is cordial and attentive. The room is quite a good size with a nice sectional type couch, refrigerator, workspace. The partial partition between the living area and bed creates a nice visual divider. Breakfast was fair but not much variety. Heavy on carbs, weak on protein options. The pool area was definitely a disappointment and the pool itself was not clean.

All in all, a good place to stay Atari decent price.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you Steve. We appreciate your business and your kind remarks. I sincerely apologize about the pool. My maintenance engineer is quite attentive and it is usually very clean. Please know that the experience you had is not typical. As far as food options, we do have a 24 hour menu with much more variety. Breakfast is kept more simple to make sure that the hotels are able to remain consistent and we can often make special orders during breakfast if we have the ingredients. Please let us know next time you are staying with us.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Attendants super friendly, nice breakfast room (American style), allowed forward purchases in advance of my arrival, close to Best Buy, Toy's R Us and other stores. Outside the malls beside you will need a car to any other activity, even to get to a good restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Eduardo for your kind remarks about our staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in Austin. Keep in mind that we have a complimentary shuttle which runs to all area dining, shopping, and attractions and we're happy to help you find the fastest or most affordable transportation anywhere else in town.