“Our preferred chain by far”

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Ranked #99 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Our preferred chain by far”
Reviewed 27 July 2009

As always the stay here at the Arboretum location was great. We choose Hyatt Place for our travels due to the price, modern style, and great with a little one. The pool area was great, no towels though so bring yours down from the room. This hotel location was different from others with a walk in shower rather than a tub which we liked even more. We managed to get this hotel for $55 with tax on Priceline so that made this deal even better.

Located Nearby
1. The Domain for upscale shopping
2. Amy's Ice Cream for the best dessert in Austin
3. The Arboretum Shops
4. Just a couple of miles down the road great hiking
5. Right by 183 and MoPac so easy on and off

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank pvilletraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
SouthTexasLopez
Reviewed 17 July 2009

If you're looking for comfort, style, sophistication and outstanding commitment to service Hyatt Place Arboritum is for you. It's centrally located to conference sites, shopping centers, fine dining and comfort food restaruants. The vision that the management team shares with it's employees is evident and completely committed to customer satisfaction. Each room has ample room for rest and relaxation, a huge plasma television and plush bedding. Any time I have a trip to Austin (no matter where in Austin), I make sure to book at the Hyatt Place Arboritum!

Pampa, TX
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 nights I stayed at the Hyatt Place! The staff was great and very helpful. My colleagues and I were impressed that the hotel manager personally checked to see that we were satisfied with our rooms and service. I highly recommend this hotel!

Detroit, MI
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I recently stayed for one night on June 16th, 2009 in this hotel. It was my first time using Hyatt Place and I must say I was greatly pleased! I checked in late at night (around 12am) and was delighted that the gentleman working informed me that I was able to order food from their kitchen which is open 24 hours! I can't speak for all of their food items, but the personal pan pizza I had was delicious! The lobby is beautiful and feels more like a cafe than a normal hotel, with lots of seating, contemporary decor, a bakery case right there next to the front desk (with lots of tempting treats!) and even a starbucks bar!!

The room was fantastic! I didn't expect such a sizeable space. The bed was extra comfy, but I think the best part was the 42" swivel TV and full size sofa!

Check out was fast, staff was very friendly. The only thing that has room for improvement from my experience here is the breakfast. The breakfast area is very nice but a bit crowded. It resembles a home kitchen, which is nice, but bad when there are too many people around. The breakfast items could have been better, but it's free so I guess that's why. They also offer hot breakfast plates that you can order from their kitchen if you feel like paying for breakfast. Not sure what those taste like.

Lovely hotel! I will definitely start using Hyatt Place for all my business travel!

Dallas
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We went to Austin for a 4th of July get away. I'm mostly a business traveler staying in upper tier hotels as a rule because of the meetings I attend. It just works out that way. I've stayed in this Hyatt Place a few times and every time I'm there I find the staff helpful and willing to do anything you need to make your stay comfortable.

I interacted with a number of the different staff members on this trip and found them all to be helpful and courteous. I'm accustomed to that level of service in the higher end hotels but I think Hyatt hit a home run with the Hyatt Place concept in general. The have trained the staff to take care of their guests and I appreciate it.

Loved the location, the room was clean and I felt like the price I paid a great value.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Sugar Land
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Great hotel located right on MoPac by major shopping areas-Domain and Arboretum- also close to Downtown and UT. The cost is spectacular and includes free continental breakfast!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
New Hartford, NY
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This hotel was clean as a whistle. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. Two computers available at all times, and the whole place is wireless! (WiFi--free)
Small but adequate outdoor pool to combat the heat of Austin. Rooms are HUGE, with efficient AC units which work well! Very adequate continental breakfast is included. I'd definitely stay there again if I wanted to be in that part of Austin.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family