SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$205
InterContinental
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$141
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$124
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$204
US$182
All reviewsmini wafflesfront deskoatmealon a daily basiswould stay here againdepending on trafficformula racehot breakfastnice clean hotelspacious roomrefrigerator and microwaverecommend this hotelminute drivec unitshopping and restaurantsvery pleasant stayother hotels
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The SpringHill is a decent business class hotel.

Location : Leaving the property is convenient, getting there is a bit tricky since it resides on a one way, you have to loop around underneath the main highway further down the road. Follow your gps and you'll be ok (stay to the right when you get off the highway). Next door to the property is Sam's Boat which was a good restaurant, the bar on a Friday night was crowded and the drinks were cheap. 3 beers and dinner was about $18 which would have been double in NYC. You can walk to a gas station and Burger King as well.

Room details: The room is a suite, sort of, split up into two sections. The first section has a small couch and a tv with a kitchenette and a desk off to the side in an alcove. The kitchenette is serviceable but lacking a stove. It's not like the larger kitchenette's at an Extended Stay which is understandable. It did have a mini fridge, sink etc. The bed was a king and very comfortable. I didn't like the pillows however (they flattened too easily). Disappointing was the lack of a power outlet at the nightstands which is often built into the lamps. I had to reach behind to plug in my iPhone which I use as my alarm clock when traveling as I don't trust the provided alarm clocks or want to mess around with setting them. The bathroom was fairly standard fare, nothing unusual here. It was quiet, you can hear people in the hallway but I didn't have any problems with noise from my neighbor. I was using a white noise machine I travel with and ear plugs however.

Property : The property was standard suburban business class. Ok lobby, nothing special. They did have a small indoor pool which was a nice touch. The continental breakfast was disappointing, no hot plates and the prepared food (muffins, biscuits etc) was sub-par. I skipped it twice as it just wasn't worth it. I grabbed some fruit and a bowl of cereal.

All in all this is an ok business class hotel but nothing special. I don't think it's worth the cost but I wasn't paying as it was expensed. I would stay here again just for the location.

Room Tip: As for one of the staggered rooms so your bedroom isn't directly adjacent to another. The front rooms have this feature.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was great. They have a decent breakfast and the staff was great.
Te room was extremely clean everyday, nice air conditioning and amenities for the guests.
The only bad thing is that the Internet was so slow at times (probably too many users at the same time) but still I think they should be able to foreseen that and try to fix it.
Another thing I don't like and most hotels do it is they have limited channels on the TV, I presume so you can buy a movie.
Another improvement they can make is to put a safe, I was worried some expensive items will be "lost" or even important papers like passport.
Another more are the beds, they are so thin and do not give enough compfort and support to me..

Room Tip: Try the breakfast, but it ends at 9.30 The "Bussiness Centre" is just a PC and a printer, but are enough if you need them.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed 2 nights for business. Nice hotel, nice updates. Good location. Only issue: had some problems with TV, cable which were a bit annoying.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Let me first write the only negative aspect = we tried to check in around 1:45PM, however, rooms were not available, as they had sold out the previous night. So, we went and met friends and got back after 7PM....by when the room was ready.
Left our luggage with the front desk while we went shopping.

The staff were warm and courteous.
Room was a king suite. Spacious for 2 people.
Room was clean.
The bed can definitely use an upgrade in quality.
Free wireless.
Free breakfast.

Definite value for money.

Overall, we had a good stay. No complaints.
I recommend this place highly if it is in your budget.

There are a huge number of places to eat, etc within a 1.5 mile radius.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed late January 3 days for business. Hotel is very clean, large rooms. Bathroom has separate sink from the bathroom, and the water pressure is really strong! Breakfast included hot and cold items, no complaint there. Wifi worked well. Multiple places to eat and shop very close.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ErinReisa
Mitopazler, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thank you for your nice review!

Michael Pressler GM