We stayed at this hotel for a week and it was great. We were upgraded to a larger room on the 5th floor. I love that you have a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave as well a large desk with lots of outlets for all those electronic devices we all use.
The bed was comfortable but I wasn't a fan of the pillows. I usually carry my own as I prefer down filled and a number of hotels don't use them. The coach in the room was huge and also folded out to another bed. The bathroom is divided into a toilet bath/shower area and a separate sink area. There is a lot of space. It was easy to set up the iron and ironing board and leave it up as the room was very spacious.
There is free breakfast every morning...week days until 9:30 and later on weekends. The week day had a really good selection of both hot and cold. Quite a few portable items for those on the go. Really good selection of fresh fruit and juices. A different hot meat every day to go with your eggs - both scrambled and hard boiled. There was cereal, yogurt - plain Greek and also the fruit ones. A number of cereal choices and bread choices with jams, peanut butter and cream cheese . On the weekend they broke out the waffle maker and there was a HUGE line up for it so I'm guessing it's really popular. There was less fruit selection on the weekend.
I used the laundry area as we were here for a week. It's $1.50 to wash and same to dry. This includes free laundry soap and dryer sheets so that was great as I had 3 loads to do. There is only 1 washer and 1 dryer and they are on 30 minute cycles. There is also a fold table that makes it very convenient and several chairs to sit on.
There is no in room safe so we used the safe at the front desk. They give you a key and you have to both have a key to open up your safety deposit box.
The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Right beside the front desk area is a small store with items like microwave popcorn, cold drinks etc.
There are newspapers in the lobby and also a large bowl of suckers. They have an area near the front desk with coffee, tea, hot chocolate that you can take up to your room and use. In the late afternoons they put out an ice water dispenser with cups. In the morning they have hot coffee and hot water for your tea or hot chocolate but it gets removed after breakfast.
The only downer for us was the pool was under renovation so we couldn't use it. They have a decent gym area down the hall from the pool on the main floor.
There was ample parking and we never struggled to find a spot. It was very well lit at night.
The hotel is close to The Domain which is a large shopping mall. It was central for what we were doing. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your next business or leisure stay at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Austin Northwest/The Domain Area. Our all-suite hotel in Austin, Texas provides award-winning service and spacious accommodations just minutes from The Domain and The Arboretum at Great Hills. We are close to several corporations including IBM® and National Instruments™. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Austin Northwest / Arboretum Hotel Austin
- SpringHill Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum Texas