“Very comfortable place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South
Ranked #79 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Taipei, Taiwan
“Very comfortable place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Although I tripped for business purpose and stayed 1 week in Homewood Suitees Austin South, I surprisingly felt comfortable with it's room size and it's furniture. Specially satisfied with it's complimentary breakfast which charged me every morning before heading to meetings.

Room Tip: Even number room have Swimming pool view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony K
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip in Austin. I will be sure to let the breakfast staff know to keep up the good cooking. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Elizabeth Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hotel for a few days prior to New Years Eve and we loved it! The rooms are nice and big (with 2 flat screen tv's), great kitchen with all the amenities, breakfast is good and plentiful, great Wi-Fi and the fact that they serve dinner (free of charge) Mon thru Thursday is awesome! The food was great the days we ate in the hotel. They also have the free wine and beer for you to have with your meal if you want (what a nice touch)! They are close to restaurants and shopping is not too far. All in all we had a very good stay and will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Save money by eating at the hotel!
2 Thank Gloria2010
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I am so happy to hear that your stay was exceptional and I have shared your review with our staff. I hope that we will see you on your next visit to Austin! Happy travels!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We got a first floor room literally by the elevator. The worst room anyone could imagine as far as location. You would have kids that wouldn't stop crying out side or people screaming and yelling while you're a sleep. Even though you have 2 rooms at homewood suites, they did not have the 2 queen beds or a room to exchange to accommodation our needs. So one had to sleep in the room with the sofa which was not able to sleep one bit at night due to that fact.

Front desk was really nice but they couldn't help.

Breakfast was free, and it was crap

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TennisNoob
Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our guest requests are important to us, please be sure to indicate your preferences for room type and location when booking your reservation. We want you to have the best experience at our hotel and hope that you will visit us again.

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed here during UT graduation. Busy hotel, but they seemed to have it under control. The rooms were clean, spacious enough and the sitting area was a decent space. Really, the only thing I might have added is it would have been nice to have the ice bin full. Temperature control was good, could monitor all 3 rooms. Only slight negative was breakfast the next morning. The staff seemed to not notice we were there. I had to wait several minutes to get a staff member to move out of my way to get coffee. She acted like I did not exist. Sad. Other than that, hotel was great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
b4ebeth, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay with us over UT graduation weekend! This is indeed a busy time of year for Austin and our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your comments with the staff. I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know for your next visit, if you need anything, please just ask! Our staff is always able to assist you. Due to health regulations, we are not able to keep the ice makers full; however, we can help you find some! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

We found there to be ants in our bathroom and on the bedside table in our suite... On the walls, as we looked, the more we found. The property was not full, so we were able to move.

The night staff when we checked in seemed to give us a lukewarm welcome when we arrived, but the day staff were very nice, and apologized for the ants.

Compared to other Homewood Suites, similar properties where we have stayed in many states and on numerous occasions, this property does not hold to the same standard.

Food at breakfast was limited to some pre-made "sausage egg cheese English muffin" sandwiches, hash brown patties, clearly from a frozen pack, heated (slightly), over-cooked oatmeal, mixed melon fruit salad, and the usual array of bread and packages of cereal that you would find in a lower-quality establishment. Coffee was of the nature that it had been there awhile... Not good. To contrast, we stayed at a Frisco, Texas Homewood Suites who had freshly cooked, obviously not "open and heat" offerings.

Being a Hilton Honors member, means that I stay in these properties a lot of nights... We travel on business and for leisure... This place isn't horrible, just not up to standard. It is at least relatively clean but for the ants.

The fitness room was a poor excuse. There were two treadmills and an EFX cross trainer in a small room with a Precor universal machine, one Spry ball, a set of medicine ball type equipment - not ratio-wise plentiful for guests. A rather rude woman on the EFX informed me that the two people occupying the treadmills had just started and she had "at least" twenty more minutes. ...so much for gym etiquette. We stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in the Denton, Texas area, with more than twice the equipment in a room three times the size. HGI's are a variation on the suites, without the meal and kitchen amenities, so this seems strange - skimpy comes to mind. Lack of investment...

The suites in this one are showing their wear - in ours, torn carpet and gaps in the floor molding between kitchen floor and carpeting, for instance.

Being this close to Downtown and the airport, this little moneymaker obviously needs a bit of capital re-invested to improve the facilities, the maintenance and the offerings to guests. I would not stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank West_Tx_54
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of your guest suite. The amenity offerings such as breakfast and the fitness center are followed by a brand standard; however, some Homewood Suites are built with additional square footage. We do have a great location and hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to the area.

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Great place to stay while visiting a beautiful city. From check-in till the complimentary shuttle dropped us off at the airport, we sincerely enjoyed our stay. Great food for breakfast and dinner with complimentary wine and beer thrown in add to the great value!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Guitardo
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for your stay with us at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and our beautiful city of Austin! We hope that on your future travels, you will stay with us again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I recently booked a room at this hotel due to having a meeting at this location one morning. I stayed in Room 221 and paid $188 after tax for the room. What a waste... For this price I expected much more. The room smelt moldy, there were lots of candy wrappers around the night stand and dead bugs on the bathroom floor. The only phone in the room did not work. The breakfast was below average. Even the water in the room taste bad.

I would have brought these things to management's attention but I was so tired I did not feel like having to change rooms.

The one positive thing about my room was that the bed was pretty comfortable.

My recommendation: there are other hotels on the same street and others close by. Look into those instead of here....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recent stay with us at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I regret to hear that your stay with us was less than exceptional. I have shared your review with our staff. We are only able to improve through the shared experiences of our guests. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to provide any additional details. Your opinion is highly valued.