All reviews stove top bedroom suite nice hotel living area full kitchen business traveler would stay here again complimentary breakfast convenient location the hotel staff easy access each morning close to downtown bed was very comfortable nice room nice stay business trip
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We made the reservation a month in advance for this hotel, and live 6+ hours away. As we were driving in to Austin, we received a phone call that our reservation was being cancelled because the hotel was overbooked. We were 20 minutes from the hotel. The first phone call, said that they could only provide a smoking room with double beds. We have an infant, and I told the person that was not acceptable. So, they cancelled our reservation. We called back and spoke with the on-site manager who was able to get our reservation back and not in a smoking room. The hotel staff we're very apologetic and helpful, and provided a toy for our daughter at check-in. The hotel room was nothing exceptional, but it had a kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest, but was not disgusting by any means. All of our other interactions with the hotel staff we're very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I appreciate your taking the time to recognize our staff in your review. While mistakes can happen, it is often how you overcome them that is the success story. We are looking forward to a bathroom renovation in late summer and we hope that you will be able to enjoy it on your next visit to Austin.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Took 35 minutes to check-in as staff were inexperienced. Asked to extend stay for 1 night and was told to find another hotel as they were looking to be fully booked up? No suggestions or recommendations were given. They just didn't care about customer service. Value for dollar just isn't here, try other places first.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I regret that you were disappointed with the level of service provided by our staff. I did notice on your reservation that the front desk allowed an early check-in around noon. The front desk staff was waiting for confirmation from our housekeeping department for a clean room. I regret if this was not communicated clearly as for the cause of the delay. Check-in time is normally at 3pm. I will utilize your review to continue our training in customer service and how they may further assists our guests even as they are checking out.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Easy to get to, but still secluded enough to be a bit more quiet and isolated. The staff was very professional and helpful, and the free parking were great benefits. Staying for more than a few nights, I wanted a place where I could make my own meals rather than eat out all the time. The kitchenette was great, and the breakfast was decent. There was a nearby grocery store as well, and the workout room had two treadmills, one elliptical, a set of medicine balls, and a pulley weight machine/stack. There was a pool, but it was too cold to use it. If you are a jogger, the hotel is in an office park area, so plenty of roads with sparse traffic in the early AM / evening to run or jog on. The showers had plenty of hot water, but the shower heads were a bit old and leaky. The bed was quite comfy, and I had a good stay. This is a good place to stay that isn't right in the airport (but close) or in the madhouse that is downtown (but close). I would say it took about 30-40 minutes or so in heavy traffic to get to the capital and about 15 to the airport in no traffic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wanderingkale
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Did you know we have a free grocery shopping service too? Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear of your satisfaction with our hotel and our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

It's just a homewood suites - I know - but it is one of the cleanest, quietest and most convenient homewood suites you have ever stayed at. Trust me - I travel a lot. The breakfast is pretty standard but the rooms and furniture are brand new. Skip the major brands and go homewood!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy you were satisfied with your accommodations. We are also looking forward to a bathroom renovation this summer. I hope you are able to join us again, to enjoy the continued upgrades.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The staff was attentive and friendly and I really enjoyed that Hilton provided breakfast, dinner and a can of beer or glass of wine in the evening. It helped me relax after a long day of meetings. Thank you Homewood Suites South.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you, William, for taking the time to recognize our staff in your review! We are happy to be your home away from home. We hope you are able to relax with us on your next trip!