All reviews stove top bedroom suite nice hotel living area full kitchen business traveler would stay here again complimentary breakfast convenient location the hotel staff easy access each morning close to downtown bed was very comfortable nice room nice stay business trip
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We needed a place to stay in Austin with a 2 year old so we wanted a suite with a door that closed between the sitting area and the bedroom. This fit the bill perfectly and was less expensive than many others and in a convenient location. The staff are excellent, helpful when we needed anything extra. We were not able to use the fitness room or pool so not sure of the quality of those. The breakfast was good for this level of hotel. The room was clean and decor was not worn. The lines are all white and washed for each guest -- something I really like! The sitting area has a kitchen that has most anything you would need for a longer stay. We only stayed one night, but that would be a bonus for someone staying longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ALLPICK
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear ALLPICK,

Thank you for your stay with us! I am glad you found the value in our rooms space and the amenities that we provide. We find that families such as yours are fans of the extra space and privacy that a suite can provide. In fact, our brand VP has written a children's book series on Lewis the Duck, our mascot. Be sure to look for a Homewood Suites on your next trip.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Spent one night here on business trip. I had to hunt around the front desk to find someone for check in, and the door lock/handle was broken once I arrived at my room - so all said it took a while to get checked in and settled. The room was clean and quiet, except for the climate control unit - it would let out a LOUD clang whenever it went on or off. I didn't bother asking for a different room due to it being a single night stay.

The location of the property is actually quite nice, it's away from the highway so it's pretty quiet with plenty of parking. The room itself was clean, reasonably modern, and well equipped for a long stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jason S,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your review on TripAdvisor, but I hope that we can "wow" you on your next visit!

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've stayed in many hotels; this one was super clean and had a great staff. I wasn't able to take advantage of the breakfast or dinners, but I have in the past and am glad it's available. The lady who cleaned my room even left me a sweet note. I love having the kitchenette too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lori,

I am glad to hear we have a fan! Thank you for recognizing the staff. They are the one thing we have that the other hotels do not! If we can grab you a plate for dinner next time, be sure to just ask. See you on your next trip!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We thought this was a clean, nice hotel that was not right off the highway and a little more secluded and quiet but still easy to get to off feeder road. We just happened on it when we tried to get an Embassy Suites that was full and they gave us this hotel. We would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your positive review at our hotel! While your hotel of choice was not available, it is wonderful to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope to become your hotel of choice in the future of your travels to Austin. See you next trip!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We made the reservation a month in advance for this hotel, and live 6+ hours away. As we were driving in to Austin, we received a phone call that our reservation was being cancelled because the hotel was overbooked. We were 20 minutes from the hotel. The first phone call, said that they could only provide a smoking room with double beds. We have an infant, and I told the person that was not acceptable. So, they cancelled our reservation. We called back and spoke with the on-site manager who was able to get our reservation back and not in a smoking room. The hotel staff we're very apologetic and helpful, and provided a toy for our daughter at check-in. The hotel room was nothing exceptional, but it had a kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest, but was not disgusting by any means. All of our other interactions with the hotel staff we're very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I appreciate your taking the time to recognize our staff in your review. While mistakes can happen, it is often how you overcome them that is the success story. We are looking forward to a bathroom renovation in late summer and we hope that you will be able to enjoy it on your next visit to Austin.