“Felt Like Home... But Nicer!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South
Ranked #74 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Salem, Oregon
“Felt Like Home... But Nicer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2006

I stayed at the Homewood Suites for a month on a job assignment. I couldn't have been more pleased. I was extremely impressed with the quality of customer service and look of the hotel. I had a suite with a king bed separated from the living room/kitchenette by french doors. I was on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of the pool below.

There was a tv in the living room with a VCR as well as one in the bedroom with video game capabilities. The kitchen was fully stocked w/ pots/pans/silverware. I had my own full-size fridge, stove and microwave.

When I left I mistakenly forgot my purse in the nightstand. Fortunately, I had all my ID and credit cards on me, but the hotel was kind enough to ship my purse to me free of charge. And being me... a couple days later I figured out that I also had left my digital camera charger there as well and they were also able to ship that to me. The staff was extremely helpful and I can't thank them enough.

The only complaints that I have would be that twice I had GIGANTIC flying crickets in my room. When I called the front desk they sent someone up immediately. However, my associates staying at the hotel had repeated problems with this. Also, housekeeping was very good about keeping things clean, except they didn't vaccum the entire 23 days that I was there.

Other than that everything was perfect. I would recommend staying here again.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank sapateif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Province of Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2005

A good, reasonably-priced motel, which is comfortable and homely, but what sets it apart is the caring management. Not knowing what there was to see and do in Austin, we sought advice from the General Manager. Elizabeth, couldn't have been more helpful. Using the Internet, she found out that Willie Nelson was doing an additional concert at the end of his road tour and helped us to get tickets that night. She also advised us to see the state capitol building and the warehouse district and to take advantage of the local trams to shuttle yourself around the downtown area. She even gave us advice on what route the taxi should take because of the traffic congestion, and to top it off, found out what movies were on show locally. As for the motel itself, the rooms are spacious and well furnished, and the kitchen was well appointed; everything you need for self-catering. But of course, from Monday - Thursday, there is a Manager's Reception, where there is hot foot and beverages (even wine) available as part of the room package, so you don't actually have to cook. Breakfast too, is a little bit special. You can't go away without trying one of their freshly-baked muffins; they're scrumptious!

3 Thank Tarasque
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2005

We paid $89.00 a night for a king deluxe suite with a bedroom separated by French doors. The den was large with a full size sofa bed. The kitchen included a full size fridge, a stovetop, microwave, and a dishwasher. Also, a washer and dryer are onsite. Our first floor room had a 1/2 bay window in the bedroom and a huge window in the den that both overlooked the beautiful landscaping outside. All areas were clean and nicely decorated. I35 and other main highways are 1 minute away and downtown is very easliy accessible in 5-10 minutes. The free breakfast was hearty, and weeknights include a free dinner. Our family of 5 was perfectly comfortable!

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank travelingfamily5
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2004

This hotel was supposed to have been remodeled in July 2004 but we couldn't see where. The caulking in the bathroom was moldy, very mouldy, and the carpet was substandard. The beds were the only good thing about this hotel as they were a pillowtop and offered a comfortable nights sleep.

The grouting in the bathroom floor was filthy black and you could see under the counter where it had been a light gray when new. Next time we'll stay at the Airport Hilton or find somewhere outside the Hilton chain so as to get something that is worth the money paid....$164 for a room and it's not worth it!

They want to know if there's a problem but when you tell, them, they give you a blank stare and then say the'll let the manager know about it. Look elsewhere and save yourself both the money and the disappointment.

• Stayed October 2004, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2003

Great staff went above and beyond. Breakfast and dinner were more than satisfactory with lots of items to choose from. Was close to the airport and close to downtown! Love Austin!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member