“Its Location is This Hotel's Best Feature”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
Ranked #8 of 200 Hotels in Austin
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Its Location is This Hotel's Best Feature”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

It's hard to be critical when we have stayed here five times in the last 2 1/2 years. Its location is its best feature, but compared with other Homewood Suites -- including one just 10 miles up the road in Round Rock -- it seems tired. The printer in the business center remained not working all 3 1/2 days we were there. No one seemed to care. Finally, at 630 am one morning, an attendant let me print out something in the office. But even later in that same day, printer still not working in the business center. The check-in staff is polite in checking in, but they are not friendly or outgoing if you are a multiple day person. There is no vitality, no smiling; everyone seems to always be looking down at something. Again, contrast that with the Homewood Suites we stayed at on this trip in San Antonio, Round Rock, and Laredo, and it is noticeable. All three other cities mentioned had friendly staff and vitality. And their printers worked!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Duane Sandul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your past experience with us. I want to personally apologize for the experience you had with the business center and interactions with staff. That is not the experience we want our guests to have and I want you to know I am addressing those issues with the staff. We did recently upgrade our business center, which unfortunately led to some issues. All of the those issues have been fixed and our printer is working! We hope the next time you return to Austin you choose to stay with us again so we can provide you the exceptional service you did not receive during your last stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Killeen, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Everyone was wonderful and very helpful, they made phone calls to try to find reservations for my wife and I. They were also very helpful when we had questions. I am very impressed with the quality of the hotel and the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Richard R
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Richard R,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review of your experience as our guest. I must agree that our staff is by far what sets us apart from the other 180 hotels in the Austin area. I know it can be difficult to find the great "secret" restaurants of Austin but I believe our staff is a great asset in recommending outstanding dining options. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon, please stop by anytime.

Port Orchard, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great hotel for business travel. I work long hours while in Austin and they serve complimentary breakfast 7 days a week, and dinner on Monday thru Thusday. Claire, who cooks the dinners in the evenings, is always very helpful and will make a plate for you if you are running late at work. Top notch customer service in my opinion. I always stay at the Homewood suites when travelling to Austin.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Michael Y,

I cannot thank you enough for your great review and continued loyalty to our hotel. We would be nowhere without our business travelers and the fact that you continue to return time and time again is truly appreciated. I know from experience how cumbersome it can be to fight traffic and crowds after work to get dinner when traveling; I'm glad to know our Welcome Home Reception helps make your life even just a little bit easier. I will be sure to share your great comments with Claire, I know she always loves to hear from her regular geusts. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with a future reservation.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I had an amazing time, the rooms are well set up. The customer service was above and beyond, Dhruv P. greeted us with a wonderful smile. We were offered a complimentary glass of champagne, not sure if that was just for Valentine's Day or if it's every time. The staff has a great knowledge of the area and will recommend some great places to eat and grab a drink. We will defiantly return to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Lashear,

Thank you very much for leaving such a kind review. I am so glad to know you had a great time while celebrating Valentine's Day in Austin. I could not agree more in regards to the great service that Dhruv provided to you. He is our newest team member and already providing the care and hospitality of a service industry veteran. The champagne welcome was a special initiative we did for the holiday, but so you know for the future we do have little surprises and extras throughout most of the year. I hope we may come to see you again soon, please stop by anytime.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

If you're looking for the best service, look no further than this hotel! It was a very comfortable stay and had everything my family was looking for. Very family friendly environment! Having a fridge and kitchen set up in our room was very convenient. We just stayed for the night and had a very relaxing time in the living room space . We will absolutely be back during out next visit to the Austin area.

• Stayed February 2014
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear TaylorTot-

I cannot thank you enough for your glowing review of our hotel and staff. I know how important it is to have certain amenities when traveling to ensure you are comfortable; I am so pleased we were able to provide for all your needs. I sincerely look forward to your family's return to Austin soon. I remain at your service for any additional needs or assistance with booking your return.

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

For $129 a night, this was a great deal. Clean, friendly accomodation with breakfast an dinner included. And bier/wine with that dinner. Only small concern was lack of thermal insulation in room, but outside of the Polar Vortex conditions, this should not be an issue!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Atomicalex,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. I must say I agree that our hotel is an outstanding experience at an even better price. We pride ourselves on being a great value to all of our guests; thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some minor discomfort with the overall temperature of your suite. For the future, please always call our Front Desk right away to ensure your heater is working properly and allowing you to be comfortable. Hopefully we may still come to welcome you as our guest in the future. If there is anything I may do to help make this happen, I remain at your service.

Best,
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Homewood Suites Arboretum in Austin. The rooms were very nice and roomy. Breakfast was pretty good and Monday through Thursday they also serve a complementary dinner, enchiladas on Wednesday and hot dogs on Thursday. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear InternetMom47,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review about our hotel and service. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time as our guest as well as in Austin. Thank you for mentioning the great dinners that we serve to our weekday guests; they certainly are a highlight of coming to stay with us during the week. I will be sure to pass on your praise to Claire, our evening reception host so she knows her menu is a hit with the guests. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon, please stop by anytime.