“Excellent Service!”

Ranked #10 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Richardson, Texas
“Excellent Service!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

For close to 10 years we've been staying at this property when traveling to Austin. It is our Austin "home." Last week, while there, my husband celebrated his 50th birthday. Leah helped me locate balloons and cupcakes for our party and provided streamers and confetti so we could decorate the room! She even had housekeeping clean our room early so I could decorate.

Daniel at the front desk was very friendly as well! Linda served up some wonderful breakfasts.

Everyone provided above and beyond service! Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Amy N,

I cannot thank you enough for your continued loyalty to our hotel. It means so much that when you come to Austin you do not even have to think about where you will stay. I hope we may come to welcome you back for many more years to come. I am so glad that on this most recent visit we were able to provide a few 'little extras' and surprises for your husband's big day. I count myself lucky to work with Leah and learn all I can from her expertise. I will be sure to pass on your praise of our outstanding service. I hope we may see you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights on a stop over on way to San Antonio; stopped to go to the Rodeo. Solo business traveler. It was a distance from the downtown district; $30 cab ride. This might be a factor if you are going to 6th street.

Accommodations were up to par for Homewood Suites. Bed was comfortable; bathroom was large (shower head needs some work/replacement).

Kitchen was nice, large fridge.

Tried to watch a DVD and the DVD remote wouldn't work. Looked at the batteries and they were all corroded...

There was ample parking and it felt safe coming and going. Didn't use the pool - it was very cold when I was there. Didn't go down to breakfast, so I can't comment there.

My biggest complaint? I was on the top floor - south side (non-smoking) and the entire hallway REEKED of cigarette smoke. It was HORRIBLE. I could even smell it in my room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Leah S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Jannter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share about your recent experience with us. I want to personally apologize for the maintenance issues and hallway smell you experienced and want to thank you for bringing them to my attention. I have shared these issues with my management team and all issues were corrected immediately. I am glad you were able to stop by on your way to San Antonio and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Austin! Hopefully it is hot enough next time so you can enjoy our pool and your stay will be issue free!
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My family was in town visiting UT and we usually stay at the Hampton Inn located directly in front of this property but they were not available. I cannot say enough about the gentleman at the front desk. I was greeted with a smile and friendly service. Once in the room I requested additional towels and he ran them right up and ask if there was anything else he could do. Just overall very positive experience. Because of location, no loud road noises, etc. Very clean and roomy! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Craig P,

Thank you for your kind review of your experience as our guest. I believe it was my colleague Dhruv who was helping you during your arrival and initial evening. I strongly believe that we are very lucky to have him on our team and will be sure to pass on your kudos of his outstanding service. Hopefully it will not be too long before you return to visit your family and the UT campus again. In the meantime, please take care and do not hesitate to reach out if I may be of any further assistance.

daniel.craven@hilton.com
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I am HH Diamond and spend lots of nights at Hilton properties. This is the first time I have been motivated to write a review. The staff was very responsive and accommodating. Especially Lety and Daniel. I judge a property by how they respond to issues, and this Homewood was very good. They quickly repaired the fireplace and replaced the clock after just one request. They also took extra steps to ensure our large party was comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello Snowfallsfarm,

Allow me to start by saying thank you for all your continued loyalty to our hotels. I am so pleased that your experience was an outstanding one while you were our guest. I firmly believe that even the best hotels will stumble from time to time however it is whether or not they stand back up and recover that truly makes them great. I am glad we were able to stand up again with the issues you encountered. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon and this time, there will be no issues with the clock or fireplace. I remain at your service for any additional needs.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Folks put all effort in to make us feel at home without over the top.

Been there with 8 people for an intense business trip. Took care of the laundry, special fruits at breakfast an even champagne due to valentines day ;-)

No brainer for next time!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello Robster3600,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review of your stay. I hope this note finds you well back home safely in The Netherlands. I am so glad our breakfast offerings were enough to meet your expectations for a healthy start to your day. I know you may not be back in the states any time soon however I hope that when you do return, you will come stay with us again. Until that time, please take care.

Best,
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This location was great! The hotel was excellent. Parking was great, we'll lighted, and safe. Near highways but very quiet. We could not hear any traffic. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. Housekeeping was great. We thought the pillows on the bed were over stuffed so we called housekeeping to ask for thinner pillows. We spoke with Carlos, an evening staff manager in housekeeping, and he explained that the hotel had recently replaced the pillows and agreed they were a little too fluffy. He said he would bring us a couple of feather pillows. He brought the pillows while we were out for the evening. He also left a little care package including Hersey bars, granola bars and a couple bottles of water. This was above the bar and we'll appreciated.

The next morning we were treated with a very good complimentary breakfast and greeted by Linda, one of the breakfast area personnel, who has such a pleasant personality. She helped make our day enjoyable.

I highly recommend this hotel. Homewood Suites is our number one go-to hotel of choice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Steve C,

Thank you for leaving such a kind and thorough review of our hotel and your experience. I am so glad to know you felt well taken care of while our guest. I know I am not alone in feeling that we are truly lucky to have such a great team working with us here to take care of our guests. I will be sure to share your praise of Linda and Carlos with them both so they know how much you appreciated their hard work. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon, please stop by anytime.

Take Care,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Since we travel with an 8 month old and a 3.5 year old, there's a list of things that make family trips survivable:

1. A door between living and bedroom
2. A refrigerator
3. A sink for washing dishes
4. A King size bed (inevitably, at least one kid ends up in the bed with us)
5. A fold-out bed in the living area
6. Breakfast
7. Cribs are nice...then we don't have to tote along a Pack N Play

This property had all these amenities. There were a few minor things that weren't optimal, but overall we were extremely impressed. When we got there at noon, our room wasn't ready yet (no big deal, as I hadn't arranged for early check-in), but there was no changing table in the public restroom, and the baby had a blowout. Luckily, Tom arranged to let us into a clean empty room to change her. When we did get checked in, there was no crib in the room, but Tom came to the rescue again and not only brought the crib, but had a sheet brought up for it and put on while we were out to dinner. The only other complaint I had was that there was no liquid dish soap in the rooms, only dishwasher soap. So washing bottles was a bit difficult.

The free breakfast was amazing, and even the housekeeping staff (thanks for the help, Frank!) was friendly and helpful. Overall, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Amber D,

Thank you for taking some time to leave such a thorough review. I am sorry that we were not a able to provide a truly outstanding, 5-star experience due to the disappointments you encountered with the changing table and crib within your suite. I hope that you may consider coming to stay with us again so Tom can continue to provide exemplary customer service to you and your family. If you have any hesitations about returning, I invite you to conact me directly so I may help to overcome them. Thank you again for taking the time to write, it made my day to hear from you.

daniel.craven@hilton.com