“Great stay and special thanks to Dhruv”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
Ranked #10 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at your hotel during the SxSW festival. Nice beds and breakfasts. All the staff was great but I want to call out Dhruv, who was very welcoming and helpful. I checked in pretty late after a long travel day so his friendliness was much appreciated.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Justin S,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review of our hotel and staff. I specifically want to thank you for highlighting the outstanding service provided by my colleague, Dhruv. I certainly count our hotel lucky to have as part of our team here. I will be sure to pass on your praise of his hard work and dedication to all of his guests. Hopefully we may come to welcome again soon or if not soon, for SXSW 2015. Please stop by anytime, we'd be pleased to see you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I can't say enough about how great our stay was here. The room was beautiful, the breakfasts were great, and the staff...they went out of their way to make our stay a happy experience. We had a handicap accessible room, but the shower chair was missing. When they couldn't find one for a while, they guaranteed us they would find it at another property. They did find one, and in the process they were so kind and so concerned about our well-being. I can't say enough good about the facility and the staff.
Happy in Austin

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Good Evening Love2Travel2014560,

Thank you for great review of our hotel and staff! I am so glad to know that we were able to get you well taken care of despite the initial challenge of not having a shower chair within your room upon your arrival. I believe our staff really does a great job at trying to ensure all our guests are comfortable during their time with us; the little extra effort is certainly well worth it to know you have a great stay. Hopefully we can welcome you again soon, please stop by anytime.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our ten day stay was extremely enjoyable. Staff were gracious and accommodating. Breakfast and the happy hours were great. Hotel grounds very nice. Rooms very clean. Beds and pillows very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear 548deannak,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad to know that you were pleased with your time as our guest, especially since you were with us for so long. I will be sure to pass on your kudos of all our staff at the next all-team meeting so they know how much you appreciated all their hard work. I hope we may to welcome you back in the future. Please stop by anytime, we'd be pleased to see you again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I totally recommend this hotel ! Everything was great, staff was polite and friendly, cleanliness of the hotel lobby and halls, breakfast was amazing, beds were so comfortable, beautiful suite and great price ! Overall I would say it has been the best hotel I have been to in Texas.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Benjamin B,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review about your experience as our guest. I must say I agree that we have a great hotel and an even greater staff. While I know it is cumbersome to be on the road excessively, I hope we may continue welcome you each time you return to Austin. If you need any assistance with a return stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,
daniel.craven@hilton.com

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My condo building burned so my dog and I needed a place to stay until I could find something more permanent. The staff was friendly and pleasant. I really enjoyed the full breakfasts every morning and the suppers Monday-Thursday. Even though my suite had a kitchen it was super nice to not have to bother with groceries and cooking. The location was perfect for me as I didn't have to leave my neighborhood.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Adela H,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review of your time as our guest. Although the circumstances of you joining us were less than ideal, it was very nice to have met you and chat a bit each evening during dinner. I hope all is well now that your condo has been renovated after that fire. Perhaps we can welcome you back again sometime or if you have any friends or family coming into Austin. Please do not be a stranger.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

For close to 10 years we've been staying at this property when traveling to Austin. It is our Austin "home." Last week, while there, my husband celebrated his 50th birthday. Leah helped me locate balloons and cupcakes for our party and provided streamers and confetti so we could decorate the room! She even had housekeeping clean our room early so I could decorate.

Daniel at the front desk was very friendly as well! Linda served up some wonderful breakfasts.

Everyone provided above and beyond service! Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Amy N,

I cannot thank you enough for your continued loyalty to our hotel. It means so much that when you come to Austin you do not even have to think about where you will stay. I hope we may come to welcome you back for many more years to come. I am so glad that on this most recent visit we were able to provide a few 'little extras' and surprises for your husband's big day. I count myself lucky to work with Leah and learn all I can from her expertise. I will be sure to pass on your praise of our outstanding service. I hope we may see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights on a stop over on way to San Antonio; stopped to go to the Rodeo. Solo business traveler. It was a distance from the downtown district; $30 cab ride. This might be a factor if you are going to 6th street.

Accommodations were up to par for Homewood Suites. Bed was comfortable; bathroom was large (shower head needs some work/replacement).

Kitchen was nice, large fridge.

Tried to watch a DVD and the DVD remote wouldn't work. Looked at the batteries and they were all corroded...

There was ample parking and it felt safe coming and going. Didn't use the pool - it was very cold when I was there. Didn't go down to breakfast, so I can't comment there.

My biggest complaint? I was on the top floor - south side (non-smoking) and the entire hallway REEKED of cigarette smoke. It was HORRIBLE. I could even smell it in my room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Leah S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Jannter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share about your recent experience with us. I want to personally apologize for the maintenance issues and hallway smell you experienced and want to thank you for bringing them to my attention. I have shared these issues with my management team and all issues were corrected immediately. I am glad you were able to stop by on your way to San Antonio and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Austin! Hopefully it is hot enough next time so you can enjoy our pool and your stay will be issue free!