“Excellent staff!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
Ranked #9 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel is very nice and in good condition and the location is great, but so are many other hotels. But it's the staff that makes a difference - everyone from the front desk on seems to care a lot. Thanks in particular to Cherie! (She absolutely cares about customers, helped me out with breakfast, offered some sliced strawberries, and did it all with a smile.)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve R
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Steve R-

I cannot thank you enough for taking a moment to share your experience as our guest. Cherie will be absolutely thrilled to hear you were pleased with her efforts to help start your day right. I must agree that a hotel is a hotel no matter how you look at it but it is the heartbeat - the staff- that truly makes a hotel great. I will be sure to share this with the entire team as well! I hope we may continue to be your hotel of choice as your return to Austin in the future.

Take Care,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel is a little difficult to get to as it is off major streets. The front desk staff was quite busy on the phone for lengthy time while waited for check in and on another encounter. The room is clean and comfortable. I do think the lodging at this hotel is pricey for the quality of location and attention one receives.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carlos E-

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review of your time as our guest. I apologize that our staff was unavailable to readily assist you on the 2 occassions to came to the Front Desk for assistance. Please know this is not the standard of service we pride ourselves on providing to all our guests and I will be reviewing our phone etiquette policies at our next meeting. I hope this will not leave a lasting negative impression of our hotel and that we may come to welcome you back in the future. If you have any hesitations about returning, I invite you to contact me so we may further discuss.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

overall, the place is just OK, but felt pricey for the quality that I received. Complimentary breakfast has limited selection and quantity. Need to be at breakfast table early or nothing left to eat:-(.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Robert L,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review of your time as our guest. I am very disappointed to learn that our breakfast offerings left much to be desired each morning. I have already spoken with our breakfast team to ensure we are not closing breakfast early and ensuring we continually replenish our daily selections. I feel our menu is quite diverse with something available for all palettes however if there was something specific you would have preferred, please always feel free to ask any of our staff to help make that a reality. I hope you may be willing to give us another chance as you return to Austin. I would sincerely appreciate another opportunity to show you our strong commitment to outstanding guest service and hospitality.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Watch out for those vertical bars in the bathroom tub. I ended up bumping my head to it. TV channels do not line up, missing channels compared to what they advertised. Lour noise from AC and adjoining restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Rajesh P and TripAdvisor Community,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of your recent stay. While we strive to provide oustanding accommodations and service for all of our guests, it seems we missed the mark in providing this for you. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointments. So you are aware for the future, the hotel can provide rubber bath mats for better safety when in the shower. In regards to the other challenges, I am very sorry we were unable to provide any resolutions to the issues you encountered. I hope you may come to stay with us again as I know we can do a much better job of welcoming you as our guest. If you do not object, please contact me directly for assistance with making that reservation.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed at this particular Homewood Suites on several occasions and have always had an excellent experience. I highly recommend this facility. The location of the hotel is very convenient to businesses and restaurants and it is also a very quiet hotel.

Dear William B,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us in Austin. Your continued loyalty means more to us than can be expressed in this response; it is truly our pleasure to be your home away from home. I hope that we may continue to welcome you and if you need any assistance with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Please take care,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at your hotel during the SxSW festival. Nice beds and breakfasts. All the staff was great but I want to call out Dhruv, who was very welcoming and helpful. I checked in pretty late after a long travel day so his friendliness was much appreciated.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Justin S,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review of our hotel and staff. I specifically want to thank you for highlighting the outstanding service provided by my colleague, Dhruv. I certainly count our hotel lucky to have as part of our team here. I will be sure to pass on your praise of his hard work and dedication to all of his guests. Hopefully we may come to welcome again soon or if not soon, for SXSW 2015. Please stop by anytime, we'd be pleased to see you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I can't say enough about how great our stay was here. The room was beautiful, the breakfasts were great, and the staff...they went out of their way to make our stay a happy experience. We had a handicap accessible room, but the shower chair was missing. When they couldn't find one for a while, they guaranteed us they would find it at another property. They did find one, and in the process they were so kind and so concerned about our well-being. I can't say enough good about the facility and the staff.
Happy in Austin

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Good Evening Love2Travel2014560,

Thank you for great review of our hotel and staff! I am so glad to know that we were able to get you well taken care of despite the initial challenge of not having a shower chair within your room upon your arrival. I believe our staff really does a great job at trying to ensure all our guests are comfortable during their time with us; the little extra effort is certainly well worth it to know you have a great stay. Hopefully we can welcome you again soon, please stop by anytime.