“Excellent hotel if you don't need downtown”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
Ranked #8 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Thousand Oaks, California
“Excellent hotel if you don't need downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a great hotel if all of your business is not in downtown (Austin traffic). Had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite. The breakfast was very good, Hotel is a little tricky to find without a GPS. Nice suburban location near may good restaurants. The LBJ library is a must see especially if you remember the 60's.
Hard to think of anything that we didn't like about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear EuroTravelerTO,

Thank you so much for leaving a review of your experience as our hotel guest. It truly makes my day better to learn that you enjoyed our hotel, our staff, and most importantly our service to you and your family. With personal GPS devices being in a state of perpetual-updating and recalculation, I know it can be difficult to find our hotel sometimes. Please know you may always call our Front Desk and we can guide you home safely to our Front Drive. The location of our hotel allows for our guests to relax and revitalize in peace and quiet, I am glad you were able to enjoy this too. Hopefully we may come to welcome you back soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay. This location is great, very close to Arboretum and easily accesible although it is hard to find couse it´s behind the Hampton Inn. Prepayed no cancelation fees are very good. Pillows are too big for my taste.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear ViajeraMexicoCity,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your experience as our guest. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay overall but felt we fell short of truly being outstanding due to the pillows we offer in our suites. I apologize on behalf of our entire team that this aspect of your time as our guest. I apologize as well that our hotel was difficult to locate during your initial arrival. For the future, both entrances to our hotel do feature a 10'x 10' sign bearing our name and hotel logo. I hope we may come to welcome you back soon.

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

i have spend 9 weeks in this hotel and found very good service, and very good co-operative hotel staff (Ravi,Daniel,hanna,and Greg all of this guys are very cooperative and did a very good job during my stay. also very clean and neat environment. very good hotel for long stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Satish1980134,

Thank you so much for leaving a review of your time while living with us during the majory of this year. We were very sad to see you ultimately check out and return home but are so glad you felt comfortable and welcomed while staying with us. I hope that your company will allow you to return to our hotel in time but perhaps it is best if you stay at home with your family for at least 6 months before returning. All kidding aside, I greatly look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Lindale, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed five days for business at this location and was pleased with the overall experience. I was placed in a relatively quiet section on the first floor. I liked the number of channels on the TV as well as the versatility of the kitchen area. There was ample space in the bathroom and closet and the bed was comfortable. The staff was pleasant, especially Claire, who worked each day's evening reception. I noticed that she was concerned with making sure that everyone was accommodated with the evening meals.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Larry V,

Thank you for your very thorough review of our hotel and the amenities we offer. I am so glad to know you were comfortable while staying with us for 5 nights. Our evening dinner hostess, Claire, certainly is a service rockstar and I will be sure she reads your praise of her hardwork. Hopefully you may come to join us again soon but perhaps not too soon so you may enjoy some well-earned time at home. If you require any additional assistance, I remain at your service.

Best,
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My best choice in Austin! We love arboretum area an this hotel provides everything to a family be comfortable. We also tried Hyatt House which at the moment was a bit more expensive and decided not to book another hotel than Homewood suites, far better than the other.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hello Nadyaro,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad to see you ventured out and tried another hotel in the area; I'm even further glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and hopefully earn your future business when in Northwest Austin. It truly makes my day to hear from our guests, especially after departure to know they enjoyed their time with us. I hope our paths may cross again soon.

Best,
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just finished a twelve day stay at this hotel and enjoyed the friendly and knowledgeable staff and comfortable accommodations. Ravi Patel assisted us with a credit card problem and with changing the battery in the carbon monoxide detector.Hannah Harkey helped us in the business center with printing out directions. The entire staff was courteous and made us feel at home. Besides the great staff and comfortable accommodations, the location was perfect for our trips to Cedar Park and to downtown.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear NZoli,

Thank you for taking some time to leave a review of your experience as our guest. I am so pleased to learn you were able to enjoy your time with us and in Austin. I must say I agree that we are truly lucky to have Hanna and Ravi on our team at the Front Desk; I will be sure to share your feedback and praise of their efforts. Hopefully we may come to welcome you back again soon and many more times. I look forward to that time.

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We returned to this hotel for a second extended business trip because we loved it here the first time in 2013. The evening chef, Claire Lucky, was one of our main reasons to return. She prepares great hot meals Mon-Thursday and is super friendly and helpful as well. She goes out of her way to make both vegetarians and meat lovers happy! Tonight she made a delicious down home meatloaf dinner topped off with blackberry cobbler! Yum!!! I mentioned my favorite creamer flavor and the next day she had it here! Wow! When making our reservations both Tom and Daniel were very helpful and noted our request for the same room we had last year. The couldn't promise in advance but they came thru! Ravi was excellent at checking us in and greeting us by name whenever we visit the front desk. Daniel, Tom and Claire all know us by name and go out of their way to make our stay wonderful. This hotel is super pet friendly too. Almost hate to brag too much so they aren't booked when we need to return again! Room service is great too. We don't have them come in the room daily due to the dogs being here but they bring fresh towels daily for us and leave them at the door. We're here for a month and couldn't have found a better place to stay. Convenient to main highways and easy to get anywhere in Austin. Gas station, groceries, shopping, restaurants are all super close. Can walk to most ! We will return here again for my next business trip! Thank you for a very pleasant stay!!

Room Tip: They should all be great! We like outside rooms near the doors for our dogs. Elevator is around the...