Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssuper shuttleroom was cleanaustin airportoatmealan early flightcomplimentary breakfasteasy accessthe breakfast areashort driveclose to downtowna great staywould stay here againconvenient locationbusiness tripfront desk staffhighwaydryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We had a block of rooms for our Sons Wedding and the Staff was very nice. Rooms were very clean and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in for a Hotel! The Bathrooms were not your typical counters. Big wood table with sink. Very pretty! Small microwave and mini fridge in the room also. I would recommend to anyone who would like a nice stay in Austin. Easy access to Freeways. 10/2012

Room Tip: Even though we were 2 doors down by the elevators....never heard them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mchome
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Compared to other Hampton Inn's, this one needs some work. My room wasn't ready, hallway was flooded due to shower in one of the rooms and one elevator was out of order.
It's close to the airport and Spansion.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ChrisandHolli
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting the lego convention. The hotel was nice but could use a face lift. The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. Except when we did a final sweep as we were leaving. We found a pair of boxers behind the chair and they didnt belong to us. : / We requested a roll-a-way bed both nights and were told they were out. The kids enjoyed the pool however. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 4meisters
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Location. Check
Hilton Property. Check
Exercise Room. Check
I haven't been to Austin in a couple of years and was in town to simply spend the night before flying out the next day. I stay in many Hampton Inns, as I am a Diamond HHonors member. This location needs a renovation. The treadmill stopped in the middle of my run, and would not turn back on. Switching to the elliptical machine it was only better in that it stayed on. Hampton has done a good job upgrading, this location has not.

As I stated before, I stay in a lot of hotels, and I cannot recall being concerned about my elevator getting to my floor. Both elevators were creaky, noisy, and slow.

Location is great for easy access to the airport and restaurants but needs to be renovated....soon. I will choose another hilton family hotel on my next visit unless a renovation takes place.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dennisgerk
dddaustinmgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin/Airport Area South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your loyal Hilton HHonors Diamond business. We agree with you completely and the plans are already underway. Our lobby, fitness center and business center will begin a complete transformation and we will have it ready for you by the end this year. We hope you will come back and stay with us again and let us know how you like the update. We want you to be 100% satisfied and will be in touch regarding your stay. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel has the standard amenities and decorations, layout, etc. consistent with the brand. In reviewing the increasingly standardized properties of international brands, many aspects of the usual reports are predictable or otherwise commonly known.

Some points particular to this property include staff, location, and those points stemming from such factors.

Staff: The staff members were each and all very friendly and efficient. The cleanliness of the room and upkeep of the interior are further evidence of capable and attentive staff. My bill, including tax free application, was correct and in order.

Location: Though the city is relatively small, and distance to downtown is not many miles, drive times are lengthened by traffic. Austin’s good economy has attracted job seekers, some of whom are from out of state—which means non-Texas drivers. Apparently, some states do not encourage slow drivers to move from the left lane and officers fail to ticket lane changes devoid of signal. Overall, traffic is the main detraction to this location. Grocery stores and restaurants are very close, but it seemed like nothing within walking distance was particular to Austin (chain restaurants and the general pub), and the ease of finding the hotel being due to proximity to the airport and highway meant walking anywhere in the area would not be easy.

If you are looking for a good deal and comfortable lodging for business, I would recommend this property. Low rates, clean facility, and competent staff make this a good choice when spending your company’s money. If you’re in the area for a family trip or for fun, I might seek something more closely situated to downtown and signature Austin restaurants and activities. Parking downtown is not difficult, but if you have to walk several blocks from parking to your destination, there are properties where you could do this without first driving downtown and paying for parking. Also, if you planned to bar hop, why not be able to walk or take a much cheaper cab ride? If you did stay at this hotel with family though, you would be pleased to find clean, working refrigerator and microwave appliances in the room. And the refrigerator is actually empty, allowing you to put things you bring into it.

Room Tip: This is really not a property with a view, so any room should be decent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business