“Awesome value”

Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Midland, Texas
“Awesome value”
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This is an older Hampton property, but it appears to have been recently updated. My room was very clean and comfortable, and had an outstanding bed, a great shower and very powerful air conditioning. It also had a good size LCD TV.

The lobby and breakfast area were both a step up from even the newer Hamptons. Breakfast was good, and the hotel's staff was very friendly. The hotel location is excellent, and there is no highway noise.

My only complaint would be the very slow elevators... but with only 6 floors, I never had to wait long.

I highly recommend this hotel, which is an excellent value compared to other area hotels.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2008

My wife and I were in Austin a few weeks back and stayed at the Hampton as we usually do where ever we are traveling. I am a Hilton Honors Member and have always been pleased with the consistent quality of Hampton Inns across the country. This time was different. Our room looked as if the furniture had been picked up on the street. The sofa was so filthy I would not even put my dirty clothes on it. The carpet was stained and the room had a musty smell. We arrived late so all other rooms were taken and I made due. The next morning I told the Manager about the problem and she was not the least bit concerned and just stated that they would be changing out furniture in the Hotel soon. So much for this one in the future. The only reason I am giving it as high of marks as I am is, location, and the desk clerk who did seem concerned.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
TA
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I stayed at the hotel as it was near to the meeting place. I found the hotel to be in a very good location (near the highway, not too near to hear the noise).

The nearby Bar/Restaurant Sams Boat also made it a good location to start by trip, as my late arrival on the first night was "excused" by being able to walk to the place.

The hotel's room and service were good, not the hilton but I didn't pay Hilton price.

The internet connectivity speed was above average for free-Internet connections.

Their breakfast was also very standard, and well maintained.

The place was also booked full of business men and women, but you didn't feel it.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank nomnom
Durham
Reviewed 23 August 2007

This hotel was NASTY. I will never stay at a Hampton Inns again. The bed sheets had cigarette holes in them. The vent on the furnace has a ton of dust in it. There were bedbugs. I have never had an experience like this before. I was booked for two nights, but only stayed one and then I transferred to another hotel which was perfect.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank FrequentFlyerNugie
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2007

We stayed one night here on April 28th, 2007. Upon arrival we were a little concerned with the construction going on at the hotel. Looks like it is almost completed except the painting on the exterior.

Check-in went great until we reached our King non-smoking room on the fifth floor. First off it smelled terrible, like cig. smoke. Thought maybe it was the new furniture and carpet smell. The window had plastic on it (for painting). Went back down and requested a different room.

The desk clerk (Ryan) was VERY helpful and moved us to another room. NO cig. smell and the windows were clear. Had a great night sleep in the wonderful bed. The shower is superb and the new furniture looked very nice.

Breakfast was okay. The attendent was helpful and everthing was maintained well.

We will be back.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lcrich56
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2007

Booked this hotel for a weekend getaway. Through my own error, I booked the second night, but not the first! When I arrived at the hotel, the deskstaff was very kind, and was able to clear up the confusion. Unfortunately, I ended up paying an extra $10 per night since the rate I thought I found was just an online rate. (Note to self: double check dates when making online reservations!)

Even at the lesser rate, the room was something of a disappointment. The room was clean and neat, but rundown. Plus, anytime I get a room and there's a burned out light, that always sets a bad start.

The Hampton continental breakfast was not bad: french toast sticks, sausage, biscuits, assorted cereals, juice and coffee. There was an attendant making sure all remained stocked up.

The location was in the Arboretum area. I wasn't familiar with the area, and learned that it is on the far north side of Austin. Fine if you need to be on the northside of Austin, but not so good if you are planning to visit Austin proper. (By the way, I thought Arboretum meant an area full of trees, plants and flowers. In this case, it appears to mean a large, upscale shopping center.)

So, the hotel was less that what I had hoped for, based on other Hamptons I've visited. I'll not likely stay here again.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank jdbhouston
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 17 October 2006

I've stayed here twice within the last year, both times on business. Staff helpful and friendly, breakfast excellent, and beds absolutely superb. Exceptionally clean. Free, reliable wi-fi throughout hotel. Excellent value for money.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — vending machine dollar changer didn't work
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business