“Stay in Austin to visit Grandkids”

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #12 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We loved the people and the facilities at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest. We stayed 3 days while watching the grandkids play football in the Austin Area. We felt very much at home while staying with at the Arboretum Northwest. The rooms were awesome and the people very friendly. Looking forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Just ask them for what you want and they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Kent T,

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We certainly work hard to ensure that our guests are satisfied and it is very kind of you to let us know that we succeeded at this goal. We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My very first stay at this hotel was great. I received the corporate treatment. The second stay was not so great, but good. The reservationist did not ask me for my Honors Card. I had to ask him to make sure to credit my stay. The restaurant the reservationist recommended I order from the food was terrible. I ended up throwing it all away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Sherry G,

I want to begin by thanking you for taking the time to submit two separate reviews about our property. I hope I was able to answer some of the concerns that you had in the email that I sent to you. However, I do want you to know that I take all guest comments seriously and I will be speaking with my Guest Service Agents about our HHonors treatment and restaurant recommendations. Thank you for your patronage and I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Facility lacks modern looks and updates available in other comparable facilities. Excellent Staff Attitude and helpfulness. Great location. Great Rates. The Room A/C unit was very noisy caused disturbance when it turned on at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hernal P,

Once again I want to thank you for being so kind as to submit two separate reviews about our hotel. I am very thrilled that you enjoyed our staff and I do want you to know that I do take all guest concerns very seriously. I have had my maintenance team follow up with the AC in that room and I will be passing your comments along to my upper management about our modern updates. Thank you for your patronage and I hope that we will be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Not a bad experience, but not what I expected. We looked into the usual spot under the tv, for the fridge and microwave and surprise...nothing there! A little dark, a tiny bit run down and somewhat noisy. Overall, not the experience I've had from New England to Texas, for Hampton Inn.

A major initial complaint: The layout of the hotel and it's familiar logo sign....just stupid.
Austin is almost solid with beautiful, large, oak trees.....but placing your marquee about three feet from a 60 ft tall tree completely hides it....so looking for the place in one direction is impossible and not all that easy to find, when coming from the other direction. Hopefully your OnStar or GPS will save you. The building itself can be found by the only sign I actually saw on the building: "Clearance 15 feet". We narrowed it down, from all the other buildings in this heavily wooded series of driveways, by the tiny Hilton parking signs on some of the spaces. Walking past a motorcycle parked by the front door, we were there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Falconfling1,

I want to begin by saying that I am truly apologetic for the experience that you had when you visited our hotel. I can assure you that we work very hard to make sure that our guests are pleased when they visit us and it is always disappointing to me when we fail. In regards to the refrigerators and microwaves, I am working very closely with our corporate office to continue our stocking of these items into our rooms. Currently we do feature refrigerators in a majority of our rooms, but unfortunately it seems, we did not have that in your room. However, we do have some extras on property and are always willing to fulfill a request for one as well. While we are not a Hampton Inn & Suites property our rooms do not automatically feature these items and we do not advertise as such on our website to avoid any sort of confusion, so I hope we did not mis-inform you in any way. In regards to the sign issue, I will certainly be looking into trimming that tree in order for better vision of the sign. I am also incredibly disappointed to see that you felt that we were dark and run-down as we work very hard to maintain our property on a daily basis. However, I have taken all of your comments to heart and I will continue to push our property to do better in this regard. I hope I have been able to answer some of your frustrations and I do sincerely wish that we will be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Austin and was pleasantly surprised with the friendliness of the staff (they remembered me from a previous trip) , the quality of the gym equipment, and the location of the hotel. There was a Costco, Target, and others located close by the hotel.

The gym equipment Seemed very new and worked fine! That is a very important thing I look for when travelling.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, I did not have any noise and got complimentary Internet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike S

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about our property! It is always pleasing to know that a guest had a satisfactory stay with us, as this is something we work for every day! I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

If it wasn’t for the uncomfortable mattress I would say my experience at this particular Hampton surpassed all of the other (30 plus) Hampton’s I have stayed at. Every hotel staff associate we encountered seemed happy and they were all very friendly. The entire property appeared to be in top notch shape and extremely clean. Every time we walked between our room and car we encountered hotel staff cleaning some portion of the property. Finally, the breakfast was excellent all three days even with large crowds. It’s obvious that this property is very well managed!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick L

Dear Patrick L,

First I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you faced during your stay at our hotel. I can assure you that the Hampton Line is known for having the "heavenly" matresses and I have certainly taken care of replacing the one in the room that you stayed in. However, I must also thank you for still submitting such a nice review about our property. It really is nice of you to still give us the high rankings that you did even with the inconvenience that you faced. I certainly welcome you back to the property and I would be happy to have you contact me directly and allow me to ensure that your next stay is problem free!

F. Michael Aguilar
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I read all the reviews and thought that this place was solid. My check-in was nice and pleasant enough but the room smelled like urine and I had to change rooms immediately upon check-in. The clerk was apologetic but I still had to move and it was not a nice ending to a not so great day.

Room Tip: These rooms are way over priced for the value. The breakfast is just okay and the room itself was no...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Carrina M
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Carrina M,

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize for the inconvenience that you dealt with at our property. I am the Front Office Manager for our property and I was alerted by my Guest Service Agent about the issue with your room and I have to say that I am truly upset that I was unable to follow up with you myself. We do hold ourselves to a high level of expectation and when we are unable to provide a satisfactory stay for our guests it is truly disappointing. I have already dealt with making sure the original room was deep cleaned and I will be submitting a request for Hilton Honors points in your name due to the inconvenience you faced. I just want to apologize once again and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I feel that if given the opportunity, we will not fail you again.