“Hampton Inn (Arboretum), Austin, TX” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #14 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hampton Inn (Arboretum), Austin, TX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

A very convenient hotel for northwest Austin. Fine service and comfortable facility and room, except that it proved impossible to regulate the room temperature in a satisfactory way, with the choice being between freezing and broiling.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Murray H,

I want to begin by thanking you for submitting a review about our property. I do also want to apologize for the lack of control over the room temperature. I can assure you that we try to keep all of our digital thermostats in top shape so that they are properly regulating temperature. I will certainly be revisiting this topic with my maintenance team and I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I do also apologize that we were unable to fix this for you during your stay. I try to make sure that my staff properly emphasizes our 24 hour service so that we can solve guest concerns any time during the day. I do hope that we are able to serve you again and I honestly feel that your stay with us next time will be worry free.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and this is an above average Hampton Inn in my opinion. Our entire team stayed here - 20 of us and no one complained. The staff was super friendly and the location is close to just about everything you need - shopping, and lots of good restaurants.

My room had sort of a cabin feel - very dark chocolate brown carpet (they could of been dirty and you wouldn't know), but but the room was super clean - bathroom especially. It's probably one of the cleaner rooms I've stayed in a while. The room was good sized - had a king bed, a sleeper sofa, desk and the bathroom had enough towels and everything worked the way it was suppose to. The bed was a bit hard for my comfort, but not uncomfortable. I must say that the best part of this hotel is that I could not hear anything from inside my room. I did not hear other hotel guests and that seems to be a rarity these days. I could not hear anyone in the hallway unless I was standing by my door, and I could not hear anyone on either side of me and both of the rooms were taken. Our group had someone staying on the first floor - the room right next to the lobby and he said once he was in his room he heard nothing, which was surprising because we came back one night from downtown loud as heck and he said he didn't hear a thing not only from us, but his entire stay.

The breakfast in this place is fairly decent too - lots of choices and plenty of seating in the lobby to eat.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the hotel doesn't have a bar - but there is one 30 second walk away that is more than adequate so really this didn't matter. We went there a few nights and watched football - they have food/drinks. There is also a Burger King right next store - you can smell it when outside, but not inside the hotel. The only other thing was this hotel was so hot! The hallways are super warm and be prepared during the winter to perhaps need to turn your heat down when you get into your room. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lady_Nafziger
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Lady_Nafziger,

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed and wonderful review about our property. I am very glad to hear that not only you enjoyed your stay with us but your group as well! My team and I work really hard to put forth this kind of stay for all of our guests and it really is kind of you to let us know that we succeeded. I will certainly be passing this review along to all of my staff as it will absolutely help with team morale. We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you so much for your patronage!
Hewitt, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We were there for a conference. Rooms were clean and freshly made up. It was quiet and everything was right at our fingertips. I love staying at Hampton Inns all over the U.S. Hampton Inn always has great breakfast and also usually has coffee and snacks throughout the day. Rooms were very quiet. I was on the fourth floor and my asst. was on the second floor and both of us experienced a great couple of nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Steve J,

I have to begin by thanking you for submitting such a kind review about our property! We strive to provide the kind of service that you described every single day and it is always nice to know when we succeed at this goal! Thank you for your patronage and I hope we can be of service to you again in the future.
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have stayed at this location two times and plan to return. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is very clean. The breakfast is great, too! They also have a bag breakfast on the front desk if you are in a hurry.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Teresa H,

We are so thankful for your incredibly kind words! It is always thrilling to see that our return guests are still loving our hotel. When guests give us such kind reviews it reaffirms our commitment to great guest service! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

On recommendation of a friend, stayed here with two cats on arrival in Austin, where I have now moved. Staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful, the breakfast was awesome, and all accommodations clean and updated. They even wash the duvet and cover for each new guest! How about that...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear valued TripAdvisor Member!

Thank you so much for your kind submission about our property! As a fellow pet lover I am always excited to see our guests furrrrry friends! We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future and we hope everything is going splendid with you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Hanpton Inn, located in Austin Texas was the best business trip I've ever been on. The staff was attentive and friendly and always there with an attraction or restaurant recondmendation! I always felt at home and safe and I appreciate the service by your wonderful, attentive staff

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Jenny Williams 49,

I am so thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were kind enough to share your experience with others! I am also incredibly thankful to you for sharing such wonderful words about our staff! We really do work hard to ensure each guest has the exact experience you did, and it is wonderful that you chose to let us know that we succeeded. We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future!
PRESTON, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Although I only stayed for one night in transit it was a very comfortable and efficient stay in a nicely located hotel with very helpful staff indeed. Rooms were immaculate and well furnished. I will be back again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Michael W
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Michael W,

Thank you so much for submitting your review about our property! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon!