Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #13 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Columbia, Missouri
“Greg E”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Rooms are clean and the continental breakfast is good. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and great restaurants are close. North by Northwest is my recommendation. There's a Burger King next door for the munchies. Shopping Centers are very close as well. The University of Texas is within easy driving distance. I didn't use the pool but it looks very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Greg E,

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review about our hotel! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel, location, and our staff! I actually really enjoyed your line about the "munchies" and Burger King!!! We actually see so many people come in with small treats its very funny. Again, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel with unfortunately only two of our three suitcases due to airline loss. As such we were missing basic toiletry items as well as some of our clothing for the wedding we were attending. The hotel was magnificent! Not only were they able to provide us with our missing toiletry items (complimentary) but also guided us to local stores where we could replace the missing items and provided an excellent 'welcome' gift due to my partners HHonors gold status. I would specifically like to commend Rose and Michael from the front desk for their excellent service! It was a pleasure being accommodated by the two of them and it made our stay so much more enjoyable.

The hotel itself was very modern and clean and the room was quite spacious. Unfortunately we had an early checkout so did not get to experience the free breakfast or 24 hour gym but both are great amenities and we wish we could have stayed longer.

Overall it was a very excellent experience and we can't recommend this hotel enough - truly worth the TripAdvisor rating!

Room Tip: Hotel has six floors - top floor has a nice view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Maverickgmt,

I am so thankful to you for taking the time to share such wonderful words about our hotel and staff! It is so refreshing to receive such wonderful comments from our guests as this is something we work for every day! I will certainly pass along your wonderful comments to rose as she will love to seem them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel 3/18/2014-3/21/2014. Check in was quick and easy. My room was sparkling clean although their was a number of folks in the hotel it was refreshingly quiet at night. The breakfast offering was not impressive but the staff did make every effort to keep items replenished. There is an outstanding restaurant within walking distance (Roaring Folk) for those who are looking for an incredible lunch and/or dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Patricia A,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review about our hotel and staff. We work hard every day to ensure that our guests will have an experience like the one that you had. While our breakfast is dependent on the Hampton "Standard" I will certainly look to see what small changes we can make to boost its appeal. Thank you again for your kind review and your patronage...we look forward to seeing you again soon!
South Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Easy access, right at Braker lane and MoPac (on northwest side of town). Generally quiet both inside and the local neighborhood. Doors close solid but quietly. Bedding was comfortable and clean. Room environmentals are quiet and functioned as desired. Restroom was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was fresh with a good selection of items. The front desk staff also prepared brownbag breakfasts for the business traveler in a hurry - nice touch.

There are several restaurants nearby, but only one accessible by foot in the immediate vicinity.

Only suggestion I would offer would be making the wireless connection instructions a little more obvious. It is somewhat buried in the visitor book in the room. I would submit that is something a business traveler ( and even the general traveler) will be looking for more frequently going forward.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear JimmyBtx,

I am always pleased to see that one of our business travelers has taken the time to let us know how we are doing! You all make up so much of our business it is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am somewhat saddened to see that you had such trouble finding the information to log in to our internet. My staff is instructed to verbally tell our guests the instructions at the desk plus we do have specific internet cards that are on the desks as well. I will certainly be making sure that the rooms are stocked with the cards and I will re-train the staff to explain this to our guests at check-in. Also, for your next trip we do actually have two restaurants within walking distance (the second option is the Roaring Fork which we highly recommend). We definitely look forward to serving you again in the future!
New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here for a week during SXSW. They are very friendly and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I had forgotten my floss, and they gave me a complimentary replacement!

It is a bit far away from downtown Austin, and during SXSW it can be hard to get a cab or the shuttle. Can't blame the hotel for that though.

There's a swimming pool and a gym. It was too cold to swim in the pool, but the gym was clean and had decent equipment (free weights, treadmill, etc).

Breakfast is adequate; there's no on-site restaurant for room service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear t4life,

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! SXSW can certainly be a hectic time in Austin and it is always nice to know that we pleased our guests during this special event. Thank you for sharing such nice comments about our staff and property. We certainly look forward to seeing you again, and hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our pool!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We bought tickets to Wicked play, which was showing in Austin on a Saturday. Little did we realize at the time that this was during the first week of SxSW. So a week before we went to book a hotel, we saw skyrocketed prices. We booked a 3 star hotel, which would usually only cost about $85, for $400. It was ridiculous, and in an effort to get the best rate at a nice, comfortable hotel, I scoured the internet a few days before the play. To my excitement, I found this hotel at an awesome deal - a much better quality room for a lower price than what we were originally going to pay. I was a bit unsatisfied with the location (wanted something downtown originally), but in the end, the location turned out to be GREAT. It wasn't too far from anything, and staying at a hotel away from the chaos of downtown turned out in our favor. The stay was great. Quiet room, nice toiletries, clean and spacious bathroom, a comfortable bed and nice view - we were completely satisfied. Would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amhart90
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear amhart90,

I have to begin by thanking you for taking the time to submit such a kind review about our hotel! I am so pleased that you were able to stay with us during SXSW and find a good deal as well! I am also so happy to read that our location worked out for you in the end. While we are not in the downtown area we certainly do appreciate the ability to enjoy the quieter side of Austin when it gets busy here! Overall, I am just pleased that our hotel ended up being the right choice for your trip to Austin! I am also truly thankful to you for sharing this with others...we look forward to serving you again soon!
Boblingen, Germany
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My stay was 3wks, so you need a good hotel for it, and Hampton Inn is one of it.
The staff is excellent and friendly. Perfect for foreign visitors as well, visitors from Germany have been welcomed in our own native language by Rose, that is great.
Any wish or problem have been fixed right away, I needed a speaker fon for business calls, I got one the same day.
The carry out breakfast bag is a great idea if you are in a rush.
Good quality coffee around the clock is nice, in room refrigerator is great, and the public microwave is a great idea.
I hope the happy hour will be extended soon from 1 evening to 3.
Having a heated outdoor pool during the spring season or affordable connection to a indoor gym would be great.
Over all I'm very please with the service and quality of the Hotel and its staff
see you soon on my next trip
Harald

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hpross,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Hampton! Actually, we do not often get too many extended stay guests but I am so glad to see that we were still able to successfully provide you with a satisfactory stay over the entire 3 week period! I am so pleased that you were able to meet Rose during your stay, she is certainly a wonderful asset to our hotel! We are actually in the process of working with a local gym to provide special deals to our guests, and I will certainly take your recommendation of a larger happy hour schedule to my General Manager. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about our property and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.