“Stay as planned”

Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Ranked #16 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The stay at this Hampton Inn was as expected, efficient, breakfast was fine, location was good, room was clean, staff was great, bed was fine though the pillow selection was only OK, the room, as is typical, was not lit very well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Bill R,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review on our TripAdvisor page, and I am sorry to see that we were unable to provide a stay that was beyond expectations. Our goal is to exceed all of our guests expectations and it is personally disappointing to us when we are unable to achieve this goal. I am hoping that you will choose to stay with us again, and when you do please remind us of these inconveniences so that we can go above and beyond the next time around! Thank you so much for you patronage and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

i have stayed here before. Excellent everything. Rose at the front desk was a delight. Very helpful. Breakfast was as usual pretty good. Great location and very easy to get to. Will certainly stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Thank Samuel F. F

Dear Samuel F.F,

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive review on our Trip Advisor page! I am so happy to see that one of our returning guests continues to have a great experience with us. I am also pleased to see that you had a great experience with Rose as she is our Service Coach and our go to person for all things service related at our hotel! Thank you for choosing us again and for committing yourself to our hotel!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

we really enjoyed the hotel.. clean and fresh.. great breakfast and helpful staff. we visited austin to take in the town during a road-trip to texas. we enjoyed the trip alot.. restaurants, music venues, sight-seeing, and of course UT-Austin and the Bats on the Congress Bridge were not to be missed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear BobnNan,

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in our hotel and in Austin! I am truly thrilled that you were able to experience so many things in our city and that we were able to add to your positive experience. This is something that our staff works hard to achieve every day and I am thankful to you for recognizing their hard work! We certainly hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

all staff was very friendly. Room was quiet and bed was very comfortable. I left my luggage at my hometown and the staff was very helpful in getting me what I needed and helping me with shopping! Love the location so close to Sam's Boat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Susan C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience on our TripAdvisor page! I am sorry to see that you had to live without your luggage but I am glad to see that our staff was able to step up and assist you with this difficult experience. I am also truly thankful to you for recognizing our staff and our hotel. We are all truly happy that your chose our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Austin!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years and have always found it to be clean and comfortable. This time was different! The comforters are so heavy, you can hardly stand to have them over you! You are left with just a sheet to sleep under! Some attention needs to be paid to the cleanliness of the carpeting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emmett W,

I am happy to see that you are one of our returning guests but I am very sorry to see that your most recent visit was not of the normal quality you have experienced. I can assure you that we have already met with our housekeeping department about the carpet issues and will be replacing a large number of vacuums so that we can ensure the best cleanliness possible. This is something that we take great pride in and I am deeply disappointed that we failed during your stay with us. In regards to our comforters, there has been a slight change in the "Hampton Standard" for the new year but we are unfortunately unable to make any changes that would be contrary to their overall guidelines. However, each of our rooms do have extra blankets and sheets in all of the closets that may offer a solution to your concern. I certainly hope that you do choose to return, and I ask that if you do please ask for me directly as I would be happy to ensure a worry free stay.

F.Michael Aguilar
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here 3 nights for a wedding, and the beds were comfy!!! Really soft sheets and real comforters, none of those plastic flower retro comforters that use fishing line to sew them together (I think you all know what comforters I'm talking about) I called the front desk for an extra pillow and I was given a choice of down or regular, wow. The continental breakfast was awesome!! Waffles, real fruit, cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, coffee 24/7 in the lobby, bagels, donuts, muffins etc!!! Very clean and comfortable seating.

From the moment I walked in I was greeted with a smile from ASHER, the attendant behind the desk! I'd see him throughout my stay he was always a joy. In fact, ALL staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and always polite and professional! Housekeeping was on time and arranged the room beautifully every time!! The decor and overall scenery of this hotel is up to date and inviting, definitely no short cuts at this hotel!!

The workout room even has free weights!

If I'm ever in Austin again, I will be staying here!! For those of you who shop and like eating great food, across the freeway is The Domain area, very good restaurants and high end places to shop. The pool was clean and had nice lounge chairs, not the white plastic slat chairs that your butt slides through. Ice machines and vending on every floor!!

5 stars *****

Room Tip: If you like sunshine, choose a hotel that faces the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear RhysR!

I have to start by saying that I cannot thank you enough for posting such a fantastic review of our hotel. It is not always easy to keep pushing for the best in the service industry, but guests like you really provide the motivation for us to keep going! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed so many of the features of our hotel while you were with us. You were so kind in mentioning our Front Desk, Breakfast, and Housekeeping in your review. I know they will all be so happy to read your wonderful comments, and this is especially true for Asher!! He is one of our newest team members and reading this has truly made him happy. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed Friday and Saturday night in late April and enjoyed the Wifi, Breakfast and King size bed! Great location to go downtown and the hill country! Room was very comfortable and quiet minus some noise from the cleaning crew on Sunday prior to checking out! The keys to our room did stop working when we came back from breakfast Sunday morning, but they fixed it (said sometimes the computer checks people out too early). We love Austin and will come back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Whoanellys,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Hampton! I am thankful to you for mentioning our breakfast, location, and how much you liked our rooms! I apologize for any inconvenience our housekeeping caused..we do try to have them start later on the weekends in order to allow our guests some uninterrupted sleep. However, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.