“Great value, Spacious room”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #33 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Tokyo, Japan
“Great value, Spacious room”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on Christmas Day, 2013. There are shopping centers nearby with various facilities (movie theater, whole foods, etc.), but you do need a car to get around. We stayed in a standard 2-room suite configuration. The living room had a great couch, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I recommend this hotel to others staying in the North Austin area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Mark M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, the Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum! I appreciate your recognizing what a great value our hotel is and recommending it to others.
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We've stayed in this lovely hotel several times when visiting our family. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are comfortable. The breakfast crew is a special treat and the grill cook invites you to be a regular.

Wendy C.
I am glad you and your family are able to enjoy our hotel the Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. Thank you for recognizing our great breakfast team. We look forward to your next visit!
Monterey, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great location relative to easy freeway access, shopping, and restaurants. Hotel is newer and in very good condition. Staff helpful with last minute changes to our schedule due to airline arrival delays. Swans in lobby area a plus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the 5 star review! I am glad that you found our hotel's location convenient to your needs. I also appreciate your recognizing our great staff! We look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Really hate writing this review because my wife and two kids have been coming here making memories for 10 plus years when visiting family in Austin. The swans, the efficient breakfast chef with an impressionable personality, the great location, very comfortable rooms, great staff and great clientele etc had us coming back over and over again. Unfortunately though some of our recent experiences will have us looking at other places for our next visit. Most of the problems are related to age of the property and lack of attention to these problems. Even with hotel short of 100% capacity they run out of hot water every morning. This has now happened the last two stays and to me is just unacceptable for a hotel. Hot water supply needs to be designed for 125% hotel capacity. The in room refrigerators are hit and miss in their ability to cool anything. The other thing that has always annoyed us about this hotel is they don't have any trash cans at the front of the hotel. I understand they don't want to have to deal with the mess of full trash cans or the expense of having enough staff to empty trash cans but it is a joke to have to haul your trash up to your room when cleaning out your car from a long road trip into this property. Both my kids forgot their toothbrushes and although most hotels have complimentary items like that this one did not and did not even have any for sale in their little gift shop. To make it worse, clearly the night staff lady was not happy with me asking if she was sure there weren't any available before I went out on a midnight mission to buy them.

1 Thank Travelerfromtexas60
Travelerfromtexas60
I am very sorry that your recent experiences at our hotel have not been to your expectations. We take a great deal of pride in delivering an excellent experience for our guests and always strive to learn and improve when we don't exceed expectations. We have addressed the issue we recently had with hot water and believe our team has solved it. We have also addressed the issue of being out of tooth brushes as well. As a team we are exploring some options to put trash cans in our parking lot. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you'd like to discuss this further. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do hope that after the many years you have stayed here, you will be willing to give us another opportunity.
Paul Davis
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay and we will be back! Nice room, friendly to dogs. Super nice staff. Great managers reception and even better hot breakfast. Made to order hot breakfast. My daughter got the flu and they were so kind helping me deal with clean up. Nice little indoor po and hot tub. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2013
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
scrapbucks,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy your suite, the reception and breakfast. I also appreciate your recognizing the great staff we have here at the hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This Embassy Suites exceeds the average expectations for an Embassy Suites.
All Embassy Suites have drinks and snacks in the evening as well as a cooked breakfast in the morning. This one is no different.

Where this hotel raises the bar is with their friendly and helpful staff. It was not uncommon to have a manager ask if we needed anything while relaxing in the lounge area, or have the cook fix a late dinner just as they were about to close. They were always friendly and seem to have a very positive 'customer-oriented' culture in the hotel.

About the swans... as others have noted, there are 2 Royal Swans that live in a pond in the hotel. At 12 noon on Saturday and Sunday, they allow kids to feed the swans. We missed the feeding, but were watching the swans one evening. An employee of the hotel approached us and asked if the kids would like to feed the swans. She then retrieved some food in a cup to feed the swans with. This was the type of attention that we found to be common at this location.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a premium room that includes in-room snacks and soft drinks.
1 Thank SHTexas
SHTexas,
Thank you for taking the time write such a nice review of our hotel, the Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum! I very much appreciate your recognizing our staff being friendly and helpful. Butch, Sundance and the rest of our team are very much looking forward to your returning to Austin to visit again.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was placed at this hotel for a recent work trip, and I fell in love with it! They made everything very easy. As I was checking in, the manager came out to introduce himself and thank my company for choosing their location. No matter what time of day I came or went, there was always a super-close parking spot. The interior is lovely and cozy, with 2 swans! That's right--swans. An expansive complimentary breakfast was offered each morning, as well as a yummy hors d'euvres & cocktails happy hour each evening. I wish I had thought to bring a swimsuit, because they had a wonderful indoor pool and hot tub. The suites themselves are very cozy--a separate room with bed(s), a living room with a pull out sofa and table, 2 tvs, a coffee maker, microwave, and microfridge. One suite accommodated my 2 co-workers and I very comfortably. I will absolutely be back next time I'm in Austin--I felt so happy and taken-care of here :) :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank thisismebelinda
thisismebelinda,
Wow. Thank you for such a great review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum! I am very pleased that you fell in love with our hotel and were able to enjoy the spacious two room suites, the comlimentary breakfast, evening reception and visiting with Butch and Sundance! We are looking forward to your next visit to Austin!