“Embassy Suites good experience.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #35 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at an Embassy Suites last year in Tampa and was quite pleased with the made to order breakfast. The Embassy Suites in Austin was just as good. Embassy Suites has other things I look for in hotels, a refrigerator, microwave and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Ronald A,
Thank you for the nice review. I am pleased you were able to enjoy the complimentary cooked to order breakfast and our other amenities. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I love this hotel. It's close to many restaurants (like NXNW). The staff has been always friendly. I stayed there 10 times last year and always enjoyed my stay. Last time, I got a room with a "Premium Service", where there were a tray of snacks and a full mini-bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Edu P
Thank you for being such a loyal guest and for the nice review. I am very pleased that you recognized our great staff and enjoyed our new Premium Room. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had a nice stay at the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable! The breakfast was awesome as well! It was centrally located to the interstate and other areas of interest i.e. restaraunts, shopping etc. I wish we had more time, but we would certianly visit again in the future. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Lorna E M,
Thank you very much for the 5 star review! I am very pleased that you found our beds comfortable and enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast. I am especially pleased that you recognized our great, friendly staff. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

All I can say is that the staff on duty at the time of our stay were class A top of the line. We had an unexpected death in the family and needed to leave early and they were the most understanding staff you could ask for, they went above and beyond, will always stay at Embassy Suites thanks to their staff, they are amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Rebeccas S.
Please acccept my condolonces on your loss. I am glad that our team was able to help in your time of need. We are very forutnate to have caring, committed associates at our hotel and I appreciate your recogninzing their efforts.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms and lobby are clean and comfortable. The bonus is the free breakfast that is cooked to order! Omelets, pancakes, gravy and biscuits, and Starbucks coffee! They also have oatmeal, fresh fruit, and yogurt. Yum!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John D
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

John D,
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel, the Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum! I am glad you were able to enjoy our great complimentary cooked to order breakfast and our wonderful staff. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I'm not sure how often this hotel is fully booked but I can only assume it isn't a regular occurrence. My wife, son and I had the misfortune of being there on one of these weekends. The result: huge lines at breakfast, no hot water in the morning, no ice in the ice machine, and unsupervised kids playing with the elevators.

PROS:
-Good location in North Austin. The area surrounding the hotel has plenty of shopping and restaurants to visit.
-Joe, the morning cook, was consistently friendly and helpful. He made a point of using a clean pan for my wife's vegetarian egg-white omelet and even took fresh vegetables from the fridge rather than grab it from the bowls that might have been touched by meat.
-The evening happy hour was decent but needed quite a bit more snacks given the crowd.

CONS:
-No hot water for showers in the morning. It was lukewarm. When we asked about it, we were told that it's an older hotel and that they had a larger crowd than unusual.
-Huge line for the breakfast grill. They really needed another person working behind that counter
-Our floor's ice machine was consistently out of ice in the evening. Mornings were a little better.
-The sofa bed hadn't been changed when we arrived our first night. We had to call down to have someone come up with clean sheets for it.
-Paper thin walls. We could clearly hear the conversation in the room next to us and they were using their inside voices.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter where your room is, it's a family hotel so get used to elevator games, runnin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Steven B,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry that we didn't seem prepared. We did struggle in late December with the volume at the hotel. We are committed as a team to provide an excellent experience for our guests. We are using your feedback and taking steps to address issues such as the hot water and long lines at breakfast. I also appreciate your pointing out Joe and the excellent job that he does as our weekend Breakfast Chef. I do hope that you will give our hotel aother opportunity in the future.
Paul Davis

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Prepare for lack of tables, small breakfast/food area, crowdedness. Most of the food was gone by nine o'clock when the breakfast time ends at 9:30. I love the beds/rooms and staff was very nice. If breakfast time is important, prepare to be dissatisfied. if it wasn't for the breakfast time I would definitely stay there again. but not anymore. This is why my score is low for this Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Jeanne,
I am sorry that we did not do a good job at breakfast during your stay. We are aware that our breakfast area became overwhelmed with the volume we had in the hotel and we have taken steps to react better in those situations in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed the rooms and found our great staff friendly. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.