“Nice location but....”

Ranked #32 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Nice location but....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The check in was great. Even the room appeared to be nice. Bathroom is half redecorated. Nice granite counter. Bathtub old. All tile is horrid. Happy hour- there was one couple being served- nobody else in line. I stood to their left. As I waited a line formed to the right of the couple. Bartender ignored me- knowing I was waiting. After he served two more people I asked when I could order. He gave me a snide look and said "I am sorry, are you in line?" In a tone that said he knew exactly what he was implying. I raised 2 boys. I taught them well, I know how to wait my turn. Back to the room, at bedtime all lights out. There is an awful- almost fluorescent light sounding- buzz in the room, I am here for three days and completely unpacked. Changing rooms at 11 pm was not an option. When I got up to go to fitness room and boys slept- the closet door squeaked, the bedroom diving door REALLY creaked, and so did main door- which also sticks and makes a grinding noise when shutting. So much for letting them sleep. Breakfast is very good.

Stayed May 2014
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Wendyfig,
Though I am pleased you had a good check in experience and enjoyed breakfast, I was very disapointed and sorry to read about the rest of your stay. I am very sorry about the actions of the bartender and the difficulty you had sleeping while staying here. I have passed along your comments to our Food and Beverage leadership team and they will address with the bartender. I believe I have been able to identify your room by our call down log and our maintenance team will be addressing the issues with the closet and buzzing sound. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Paul Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Always top shelf in every aspect, including value, cordiality, service, cleanliness, and comfort. Manager is often present and anxious to meet the need of the guests. Based on our experience, this hotel is the ONLY place to stay in Austin. We have continued to stay here multiple times for over 10-12 years.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Eralogos,
Thank you for the wonderful review and your continued loyalty to our hotel!
denton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

very nice amenities. would go back there again. evening thing is great. very pretty inside. quiet. breakfast is just really good. The chef can make you an omelet or you can get other breakfast goodies as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Becky H,
Thank you for the nice 5 star review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and would return. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Georgetown, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We met informally for this 57th high school class reunion for the Class of 1957. It was a big success due to the friendliness of the Embassy Suites Hotel Staff. Other than some noisy college kids, everything was above average. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Don M,
Thank you for the great review! We certainly enjoyed having your group in the hotel. I am sorry about the noisey kids.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with several family and friends for an Austin wedding! Perfect central location! Fantastic breakfast in open area where you can find others in your group to join without everyone calling your room or cell beforehand! I could spot my group as I rode elevator down and overlooked the swans! Very accommodating with extra requests of towels/pillows! Can be a little loud with the atrium setting and open hallways...but it was a weekend where all guests were there to have fun!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Amy4baylor,
Thank you for such a nice review. I am pleased that our location and hotel worked out well for you and your group! We look forward to your next visit.
omuller65
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a wonderful choice if you are traveling with your family and would like to enjoy the north of Austin (there are others Embassy Suites at Austin but one is located at downtown and the other on the I-35 which is a place not very "family friendly". At Arboretum you have restaurants, shopping centers, cinemas, etc...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
omuller65,
Thank you for the nice review! Our team prides itself on making the hotel a great destination for families. Thank you for noticing!
South Windsor, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The property and staff were very nice. The only problem I had was the bad luck of booking my trip the same weekend as some statewide junior high school contest. There were tons of kids running around and the hotel was noisy. I am sure that on a normal basis this hotel is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Steve H,
Thank you for the nice review! I am sorry that the High School Tournament attendees disturbed your stay but am pleased that you found the hotel and "our team" to your liking.