“great gettaway”

Ranked #32 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Houston Tx
“great gettaway”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is really nice with a great breakfast . not too far from attractions close to lots of
restaurants and stores . the bed was really comfortable . i really liked it !
while here we went to the oasis restaurant and we went kyaking in lady bird lake ....super fun !

Room Tip: anyroom is a good room here ..they also have happy hour in the lobby daily
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Jamaicanqueen,
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, breakfast and the attractions of Austin. We look forward to your next visit!
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Changsha, China
Reviewed 2 June 2014

the complimentary breakfast was really good. And the hotel staff is very nice they care about you. But the network is confused , I saw the website has told me that the wifi will be free in the public area, but I can not log in. The suite is kind of old fashion style, and the towel in the bathroom is not very tidy when I come in, that made me a little bit disappointed. The air-conditional is very loud in the night .The rest of is very good. I am impressed when I saw the lobby .There is a swan in the sink ,really pretty...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Xiuying L,
Thank you very much for your review! Thank you for recognizing our great staff! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the towels and the loud A/C. I will forward your comments along to our Housekeeping and maintenance teams.
We look forward to your next visit to Austin!
Houston
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel is nice, didn't have any complaints. Only at check in my room was not ready even though we arrived at the check in time but after being persistent a manager gave us a room. No complaints with the room - 2 televisions, mini refrigerator but no safe in the room. The rooms are well maintained. Indoor pool area and workout facility. Never made it for the managers evening receptions but this is a great plus. The area itself was great as you can walk to shops, close by whole foods market which we loved as well. All other major shopping is within 5 minutes of the hotel as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
intwah,
Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed the many amenities in your guest suite and the area surrounding the hotel. On your next visit, I hope you get to enjoy the Complimentary Evening Reception.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

stayed here over memorial day weekend so the place was packed.
The professional images of the hotel are not exactly how it looks in reality. Rooms were spacious, clean, and renovated. Dining area was leaking water through the roof. Lobby area had the same leaking issue. Staff were friendly and helpful. So although our experience was not bad, I may still consider other places to stay in Austin next time. But I do understand that it was a busy weekend as well for the hotel and still they were able to accommodate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
NP_86,
Thank you for your review. While I am pleased that you recognized our great staff, I was sorry to read that you might consider staying elsehwere. You are right, the hotel was packed for Memorial Day Weekend and the several days of heavy rains probably kept everyone inside more than normal. The heavy rains did expose some leaks in our roof and we have already taken steps to get it repaired. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our family stayed only one night at this property but we will definitely stay again. The property was very nice and the kids got a kick out of the swans in the atrium. Now they just need to parade them like the Peabody's ducks in Memphis. ;-) Other than that, the hotel was about the same as every other Embassy Suites I've stayed at. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good and freshly prepared. The only issue we had was the lack of a non-smoking room, but the desk staff made amends for this in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Erik P,]
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It sounds as if you eneded up in a smoking room and I am sorry about that. I am pleased our staff was able to Make it Right with you. Please tell your kids that Butch and Sundane say "Hi!". We look forward to your next visit to Austin.
Eureka, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Embassy Suites hotels tend to be pretty reliable places to stay. This one has a few things going for it beyond the norm. It is in a good part of town with easy access to the freeway system and with shopping nearby. It also has swans in the lobby. We were in Austin for a week visiting friends and sightseeing, and this hotel made a good base of operations.

If you travel enough, things are going to go sideways on occasion. The measure of the hotel staff is what they do about it when somethings does go wrong. We arrived late at night to find that our reservation for a non-smoking king room had not been held. The response by the night clerk on duty was less than adequate, and we spent the night at the Hyatt next door. However, the next day the manager made it all right and more. In addition, the remainder of the staff was first rate. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in Austin.

It gets a four out of five because of the initial staff screw up and because it isn't all non-smoking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Le/Calmar,
Thank you very much for the nice review. I am sorry that things did not get off to the right start with your stay, but I am pleased to read that we were able to turn it around. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food was great (the kitchen was about to close but the chef still cheerfully took our order and served us), the rooms were spacious and quiet. The pool was huge, indoor, and heated. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The rooms were pleasantly dark and cozy. The atrium was beautiful. The breakfast buffet was really amazing and there were SO many choices.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: They're all very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kristyna H,
Thank you for the very nice review! Thank you for recognizing our great staff. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.