“Woweeewowwow”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum
Ranked #34 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 November 2010

You can believe the great reviews for this place - it was a wonderful stay in all respects. We were able to check in a little early and every member of the staff with whom we interacted during our stay (front desk, housekeeping, cooking staff, maintenance) was very friendly, responsive and helpful. There is no traffic noise to deal with making it a nice and peaceful stay; and we did not encounter any loud hotel noise or raucous guests while we were there. It is also convenient in that we were able to walk to the mall across the street and shop or eat at a number of restaurants nearby if we didn't want to drive anywhere.

The rooms are very clean and feel new. I love that a standard room is still a two room suite. I was able to get up early and go exercise to a DVD in the other room while my husband slept.

The complimentary breakfast is really nice and a great value in my opinion. You can get a hearty breakfast or light (yogurt, cereal, muffin, bagel, toast, fruit, coffee, juice, etc) They also have an evening manager's reception with free drinks and appetizers but we weren't able to attend during our stay.

Lastly, I had forgotten a small item I had left in the room and called the hotel to see if there was any way to retrieve it. Stefan, the very friendly front desk gentleman, hunted it down and called me back in just a few minutes to tell me it had been found and that they would mail it back to me by the next day. I really appreciated that extra mile.

I highly recommend this Embassy Suites and look forward to staying there again whenever we find ourselves in Austin. .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 November 2010

Simillar to other
dozens or so embassy suite stayed in terms of room, settings, location, price. Breakfast did not have as many selections as expected. The swans in the lobby are beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 19 October 2010

1st time to Austin for a wedding my wife daughter and grandson- spend 4 days in a 2 room suite- hotel was super staff were better-free breakfast just perfect- free drinks in the evening -there grill is very good-everything is across the street or down the street- down top 15 min. airport 15 minutes- Barton spring 15 minutes- a great town and this hotel is the place to see it from- indoor clean pool- great work out room- great free computers for checking e-mails- enjoyed Austin will be going back just to see more love the stream and lakes and all the people out doing stuff.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank tomneely1
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed at Embassy Suites Arboretum for 3 nights in October 2010 for a work conference. It was an overflow hotel from the Reinassance hotel located in about a mile radius from this. The swans in the lobby are so much fun to watch, and the information about them is very neat. The rooms are spacious and great for seperating work from sleep. I was able to complete my work in the sitting area and not in bed!
The bed was amazing. Not flat or worn out. The pillows were great also. I slept like a baby...beings mine is always sleeping with me while at home :) The room temperature was just right also. Not too hot or cold.
The manager's reception at night is marvelous! A few great free drinks and appetizers. We were full from lunch still by the time dinner rolled around, so it was the perfect way to hold us over until breakfast. Breakfast at the hotel was outstanding. The best continental breakfast by far!! Made to order omelets, pancakes, hashbrowns, meat, as well as pastries, toasts, yogurt, fruit, hot oatmeal. I definitely made 2 trips for food each morning. I couldn't help myself!!
The hotel provided us a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius to anywhere. So we did some shopping and they took us back and forth to the other hotel for our conference. Staff was very friendly. I would stay here again before anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The hotel is in a pleasant enough and quiet location, very handy for northwest Austin with very easy access to Loop 360, US183 and Mopac. Easy walk to the Gateway cinema, best Buy, REI and Wholefoods. Inside of the hotel is pleasant, if a little dated. If you don't want a cooked breakfast the selection is very uninspiring.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank walesorchardleire
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Spent 7 nights during business trip. Very convenient, very good service, and quiet except during week-ends. Too busy then with kids all over the place, playing in the elevator and parents not always controlling them.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank stism
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This is my first review of any hotel I have stayed in. I had stayed at an adjacent hotel two months earlier and had checked out the Embassy Suites during that visit. I happened to ask one of the restaurant staff who was cleaning up whether continental breakfast was provided. She began to tell me with unabashed enthusiasm about the cooked to order breakfasts as well as the manager's evening receptions and swan feeding for the kids on weekends (I had my 6 and 8 year-old grandsons in tow). I immediately booked a room for my upcoming visit in June.

I must say that I have never felt so comfortable at a lodging place in my life. Within the second day (I and my grandsons stayed for 6 nights), we felt like family with the staff. The only problem I had was with a thumping sound in the AC vent one night. They had maintenance come in the next morning and knocked off $45 on the bill.

I found the hot water almost too hot compared with some earlier reviewers. There is no pay per view on TV, but the boys and I had more channels than we could watch. Great having two 42" flat screens so I didn't have to watch cartoons with them. It was great having their "Corner Store" open 24/7 in the lobby to buy toiletries, cameras or ice cream.

The free breakfast food service is awesome as is the free manager's evening reception. The restaurant staff was great and, although a bit expensive compared to nearby restaurants, it was very convenient and relatively good food when we were too tired or lazy to go out.

Speaking of nearby restaurants, there are at least 10 within a 5-20 minute walk from the hotel. I don't like city driving so I appreciate finding a place with lots to do there or nearby. We used the complimentary shuttle service once to go to the Arboretum Shopping Center, which I could have walked to without the kids. We also walked across the street twice to view movies at the Gateway Theaters.

The boys loved the indoor pool and I didn't have to worry about them getting sunburned (There is an outdoor sundeck adjacent to the pool.) They also enjoyed feeding lettuce to the swans Butch and Sundance on Saturday at noon. Had I been alone I would have used the well-equipped Fitness Room.

I realized at one point that I actually liked the atrium style. As I looked out the living area window to the atrium, the place had a sort of village feel, as opposed to the dark hallways in most hotels.

All in all, I look forward to two more stays at this property in the next two months and hope that most of the same friendly staff will still be there.

• Stayed: June 2010