This Doubletree property was recently renovated and provides large, spacious guest accommodations in like new, beautiful condition. However, the best attribute for the weary business traveler, or someone with mobility or other functional needs, is the fact that the property itself, it's lobby and hallways are not huge like some hotels. Travel from parking garage or valet to front desk to room is not an exhausting experience. The business center provides computer options (choose between a PC or iMac) and the printer is loaded with paper (no extra charge) although the room is smallish. The business center is a good option to avoid in room Internet charges if you are not a Hikton Gold or Diamond member. The little guest services store next to check in seems new since the renovations or maybe I don't remember it from previous stays. The store seems like an afterthought and is poorly stocked. The refrigerators (think dorm room size) with several in a row are on the floor which makes them impossible to see into in spite of their glass doors without crouching on the floor. I am willing pay high prices in these Hilton conveniences after a long day but this shop's paltry & inconvenient offerings just ran me off. In such a beautiful property with all other details so well finished, this shop is a disappointment to a weary traveler. Considering the kitchens in the suites, I can imagine an assortment of offerings that would allow a weary, privacy seeking guest some options to the in room dining menu. If you are staying here, consider stopping at the Starbucks or 7-11 down the street before you check in. The restaurant and in room dining are both good but, as always, the prices must also be a consideration. I had a caprese salad that was quite good in the restaurant although short on fresh basil. Restaurant and room service staff were incredibly polite and attentive. The valet area seemed understaffed during my stay at checkout. No one ever answered when I called down in advance for the car but were friendly and quick when I appeared in person. Check out (with some special requests to split my bill between credit cards - business card for room, personal card for food & drink) was a bit slow but after some conversation with the young woman it appeared she was new on the job and had never had to do something like that before. In the end, she got the job done and was pleasant enough about it. This hotel is in a terrific location and puts extra space into the guest rooms instead of the common areas. A design concept truly reflecting an Austin sense of cozy Texas hospitality. You will pay more to stay here than some other hotels between the room and parking rates plus Internet charges if you are not a Hilton Gold or Diamond customer. But if you can afford it, it is worth it. Really should get five stars...with a little more attention they will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Austin. Enjoy a warm greeting with a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie at this comfortable hotel. Among Austin, Texas hotels, this DoubleTree hotel places you in the downtown business district and within minutes of all that the city has to offer. Walk to the University of Texas and the Texas State Capitol from our Austin, Texas hotel, which is 11 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Visit the Sixth Street Entertainment District, Barton Springs Pool, or explore the area around this Austin hotel with our complimentary shuttle service. Corporate guests are in easy reach of many regional and national companies, the Austin Convention Center and favorite local restaurants and nightlife. Retreat to a spacious suite at the DoubleTree Suites Hotel Austin. All of our suites offer separate kitchens, living areas and private bedrooms in sophisticated surroundings. Upgrade to a two-bedroom suite, Penthouse or Executive suite for a wrap-around rooftop balcony with breathtaking city views. Host a meeting or event in this downtown Austin hotel's 5,000 sq. ft. function space, including the beautiful Rose Garden Terrace. Let our professional staff assist you from planning to execution. Stay fit in our fitness center, or relax in our heated, outdoor pool and patio deck. Savor delicious American or Southwestern cuisine in our 15th Street Cafe, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then retire to our popular 15th Street Lounge. Book your stay at our Austin, Texas hotel and experience true Texas hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton - Austin Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Austin
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton - Austin Texas