“Well-maintained and comfortable suites”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This is my first time staying at a DoubleTree Suites and was very happy with my experience. The suite was very clean and well-maintained. The bed was very comfortable, as expected from Hilton hotels. The bathrooms had modern fixtures with a great showerhead and good water pressure, although I found it inconvenient that there were no towel racks by the sink.

The sofa was modern and comfortable, perfect for watching TV. The kitchenette had a full-size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes and utensils. The dishes didn't seem like it was touched for a long time, and the dishwasher didn't look clean to me. I ended up washing the dishes by hand before I used them, just to be safe.

Internet access is good for reading emails, surfing the web. The hotel also provides shuttle service within 5 miles, which is convenient. Overall, I liked my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to other people.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear iaccess,

Welcome first timer, to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Austin!

Glad you enjoyed our hotel, services, and amenities and I will certainly share your dishwasher/dishes feedback to our Executive Housekeeper.

Happy you also utilized our convenient 'Sweet Ride' complimentary shuttle service (a 10 passenger van) which is based upon availabiltiy (first come, first served) within a 2 MILE RADIUS of hotel.

And thank you much for your comments and recommendations!

To happy and memorable travels,

Director of Sales and
Wild About Austin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at DoubleTree Suites for 4 nights from Sep 23 to 27, 2012 for a business trip. They gave me one King-bed suite with a separate living room and kitchen.
The only reason why I picked this hotel was its location: it's close to U Texas at Austin, the State Capitol, downtown, etc., but it turned out to be much better than that.
The room was very spacious and there were microwave, refrigerator, toaster, dishwasher and a kitchenette. Moreover my room had an awesome view of the capitol building and the downtown Austin,
One added benefit was their free shuttle service to nearby locations.
I'll definitely stay here again next time when I visit Austin.
The day-time front desk staff member (I forgot her name) had the best smile I ever seen on any of the Hotel workers.
I'd give 5 stars for the location and 4 stars for everything else.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms command awesome views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jay_NorCal
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Jay NorCal,

You said it! We are not your ordinary hotel!

Jay, I'm so happy you found us and enjoyed our location, suites, services, and amenities!
I love, love, love to read we converted a newbie to a repeat guest! Please let me know when your travels bring you back to ATX! And thank you much for the 5 and 4 STAR status!

And I'll definately share your 'smile' comments with our front desk agents!

Here's to exciting and memorable travels,

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Austin and
Wild about Austin

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This Doubletree property was recently renovated and provides large, spacious guest accommodations in like new, beautiful condition. However, the best attribute for the weary business traveler, or someone with mobility or other functional needs, is the fact that the property itself, it's lobby and hallways are not huge like some hotels. Travel from parking garage or valet to front desk to room is not an exhausting experience. The business center provides computer options (choose between a PC or iMac) and the printer is loaded with paper (no extra charge) although the room is smallish. The business center is a good option to avoid in room Internet charges if you are not a Hikton Gold or Diamond member. The little guest services store next to check in seems new since the renovations or maybe I don't remember it from previous stays. The store seems like an afterthought and is poorly stocked. The refrigerators (think dorm room size) with several in a row are on the floor which makes them impossible to see into in spite of their glass doors without crouching on the floor. I am willing pay high prices in these Hilton conveniences after a long day but this shop's paltry & inconvenient offerings just ran me off. In such a beautiful property with all other details so well finished, this shop is a disappointment to a weary traveler. Considering the kitchens in the suites, I can imagine an assortment of offerings that would allow a weary, privacy seeking guest some options to the in room dining menu. If you are staying here, consider stopping at the Starbucks or 7-11 down the street before you check in. The restaurant and in room dining are both good but, as always, the prices must also be a consideration. I had a caprese salad that was quite good in the restaurant although short on fresh basil. Restaurant and room service staff were incredibly polite and attentive. The valet area seemed understaffed during my stay at checkout. No one ever answered when I called down in advance for the car but were friendly and quick when I appeared in person. Check out (with some special requests to split my bill between credit cards - business card for room, personal card for food & drink) was a bit slow but after some conversation with the young woman it appeared she was new on the job and had never had to do something like that before. In the end, she got the job done and was pleasant enough about it. This hotel is in a terrific location and puts extra space into the guest rooms instead of the common areas. A design concept truly reflecting an Austin sense of cozy Texas hospitality. You will pay more to stay here than some other hotels between the room and parking rates plus Internet charges if you are not a Hilton Gold or Diamond customer. But if you can afford it, it is worth it. Really should get five stars...with a little more attention they will.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SESomers
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear SESomers,

Thank you for such a thorough and honest account of our facility and services.

Our suites are larger than most and very spacious and comfortable, and you are also correct about our hotel size, offering 188 suites which makes it easier for us to know all our guests by name and face. We have a large loyal guest base and hope we made a new one out of you!

Although you did find our 'opportunity' and are correct again regarding our Gift Shop. It is new and we are still in the planning stages and 'tweaking' it. And working on upgrading and stocking it with useful and memorable austintatious items! Thank you much for the tips and promise upon your return you will enjoy a new shopping experience!

Yes! There is 24 hour 7-11 convenient store a block from our hotel and Starbucks is just caddy corner to the 7-11. We love them both and are so convenient to have nearby.

We work on our attention to detail daily and appreciate your feedback. Plus, your 5 Star rating is the best compliment ever!

Hope to see you return soon, and here's to exciting and memorable travels,

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Austin and
Wild about Austin

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

I checked into this hotel and was very happy. I felt like I was in a chic new York apartment. It had an entry way, kitchen, living room, huge bed and bedroom, huge bathroom and two balconies. I was very comfortable and happy. I will return.

• Stayed: September 2012
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Hi Nick!

Thank you much for the nice comments! I think we're pretty cool too and appreciate you noticing our 'chic NYC apartment like' suites! Please check in with me on your return visit!

Safe and exciting travels,

DoubleTree Suites and
Wild about Austin!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree for one night the last weekend of July 2012, and let me just say this place was AWESOME. We weren't sure exactly where to park, so we pulled up into the drive and a very nice man came out and directed us to the self park underground garage. Be careful, SHARP turns and a tight squeeze. Upon check in, we were greeted with friendly faces, smiles and WARM COOKIES!!! The check in process took probably less than 3 minutes and then we were up to the 10th floor to our beautiful suite.

While I didn't do a lot of research before arriving, and sometimes places say 'suites' and it's really just a small fridge in the corner - this place actually had a separate kitchen. We were in the corner, so it was a bit on the smaller size. We weren't planning on cooking a gourmet meal, so it wasn't needed. Just needed a place to put our drinks to cool and a place to warm up our kolaches we got in West, TX. A spacious living area. A huge bedroom; bigger than most hotels - with a door that closed off the living area from the sleeping area. Good sized closet and an ample sized bathroom. We also had a lovely view of the capitol building.

Did I mention the cookies? I ate mine shortly after getting into the room and told my boyfriend that I was going to eat his. He taunted me with that cookie the rest of the stay. He finally ate it on the drive BACK HOME! haha.

We were going out to a birthday party on 6th street that night and had inquired about the shuttle. 2 miles radius from the hotel. For free. When we got to the lobby, we saw the shuttle and were told that we'd have to wait because a large party had already requested their services. After waiting for the party to gather for almost 5 minutes and they were still a no show, the very courteous driver decided that he could take us and another couple to our destinations. THANK YOU!

The next day after we checked out, we ate at the attached restaurant (and watched some Olympics on the TV). It did take a while to receive our check and then also to pay said check. The food was good enough to overlook that small infraction. :)

Overall - I would definitely stay here. I booked through Hotwire sight unseen and was pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TxDevil
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Hi TxDevil!

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the suite photos and view of our State Capitol!

i'll personally thank our bellman and happy they were able to assist! Call us on your return trip to ATX. We have plenty warm fresh delicious melt in your mouth DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies waiting for you!

Safe Travels!

DoubleTree Suites Austin

Reviewed 4 August 2012

My daughter was taking a one-day course at UT and we wanted to stay within walking distance of the conference center. I am a Hilton Honors member, so this hotel seemed to be a good fit.

We are very glad we chose this hotel. Our suite was great, with plenty of room to relax. The bed was comfortable, the bath large with great towels and amenities, and the kitchen (even though we only used it for the refrigerator and coffee maker) was nice to have. We ordered room service and our breakfast order was delivered exactly when we requested it, and both meals were exactly as we ordered. The room was very clean and attractively decorated.

The location was perfect. Not only could my daughter walk to her class, but we were also within walking distance to a number of good restaurants and I found several interesting things to do within a short walk of the hotel.

Every staff member I came in contact with was polite and efficient. They allowed me a late checkout on the day we left with no issues. Housekeeping was very nice when they found out I would be in my room an hour or so longer than normal. The front desk staff was equally friendly and always had a smile ready for customers.

If we are back in downtown Austin in the future, I will most definitely book a room at the Doubltree Suites.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank satonthebeach
WildaboutAustin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Hilton Honors member,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about our hotel, location, and team members! You really couldn't have picked a better location or facility to visit UT and downtown Austin. And our team is awesome! Thank you for noticing and commenting!

Hope your daughter 'aced' her course!

Safe travels,

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Austin

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I just spent 5 nights at the DoubleTree Suites. The price was much higher than my last stay (in November) and it was not worth it. My room was not clean. When I arrived I had to take a towel to wipe off the night stand. There was hair and dirt on the floor in the bathroom. I pulled back the drapes to look outside and the windows were covered with greasy finger prints. Even when I returned to my room after a day away the kitchen was not cleaned. I left dishes in the sink and expected they would be replaced or washed and they weren't. The staff was not especially accommodating. I asked at the desk about areas downtown and they offered no suggestions or help. Since I am from out of town (as I'm sure most guests are) I would expect they would be able to give some directions. I was directed to the bellman who was completely overwhelmed. This stay was very expensive and a huge disappointment. I know the hotel was busy but that is no excuse for poor service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo