“Great patio overlooking the capital.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Spent a long weekend in this hotel while there for my duaghter's wedding. We had a room on the 15th (top) floor with a large patio overlooking the capital. What a wonderful place for everyone to hang ou in the evenings. This is a great location with great rooms and service at a competitive price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Lee B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Jimmy M,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed the suite and the view. Congratulations on your daughters wedding! Come and see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The pool was filthy and when I got out of the water there were roaches crawling on my drink. The rooms were quiet and clean with nice views, however I never received any of the On Arrival requests I asked for and when I called the desk and asked for them I still never received them. Although I was charged for them when I checked out. All in all if you are just looking for a place to sleep at night and nothing more, the rooms were nice enough.

Dear Carol W,

I'm glad that you felt comfortable in the suites but I must apologize for the lapse in service you experienced during your stay. Needless to say, your experience was not the DoubleTree standard. We have relayed your comments to the appropriate hotel management in an effort to improve the areas you described. We appreciate your valuable feedback and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may provide an experience of the caliber you deserve.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel to attend a business conference for 3 days. For my surprise, the room was very large and comfy. Very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Definitely I recommend this hotel to any one traveling solo or with family!

Dear Lamia2011,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and that you were able to experience our extra friendly staff. We look forward to serving as your host in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nice room , friendly staff, good cookies!! felt safe. laundry room a little small, but not overpriced to do laundry. Good location with nice view of the capitol building. Shuttle service good and efficient.

Dear Arlene M,

Thank you for the feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel is within walking distance to a great deal of Austin's sites, restaurants and bars. The bartender was very knowledgeable of the area to help us in our search of apartments. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Our first morning they skipped cleaning our room, which wasn't a huge deal but we had to ask for fresh towels twice before they were delivered that evening. Not happy about that but overall it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had a very comfortable stay at the DoubleTree. After waiting a few minutes to check in, a very generous clerk upgraded us to a suite on the 12th floor with a great view of the Capitol. The suite was huge, clean and extremely comfortable. The pool was clean and had a lot of privacy. As gimmicky as it is, the cookies are definitely a nice snack. The only downside was at check-out the clerk was snippy about the parking charge: we had parked on the street for free (because it was Sunday night), but she didn't believe us and wanted to charge the $20 for parking. Overall, it was a great hotel and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Request a high room with a view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RuthDallas11

Dear RuthDallas11,

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I love Austin but the hotel culture consistently falls flat. First off, never travel with me because the clerk will always put you on the lowest floor. But this time I complained. I had specifically booked through Hilton at full rate--and not a third party--in hopes of getting a better room. When I went back to the lobby they grumbled but eventually gave me a room much higher. So who were they saving the better room for? a Priceline or Expedia customer?

The second day I was out all morning and returned around 2pm. Room was not made. I left again at 2:30 and returned around 6:30. Room still not made. They never came. To be fair, a day later I ran into a supervisor who asked how everything was and I mentioned the room and he cut my rate for that day.

I had turn off the a/c because it banged all night. Not a fan but an inconsistent banging. It was grating enough not to have a/c in Austin in June.

Windows are single pane which makes little sense on a busy road and less sense in Texas heat.

My last day, the wake-up call never rang. Glad my phone alarm worked or I would have missed flight.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear GoneTrippn,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay. We have relayed your comments to the appropriate hotel management in hopes that we can remedy the problems you mentioned. If you're ever in need of housing in Austin again we would love to serve as your host so that we can provide the stay and service you deserve.