My wife and I have been married 17 years. We are best friends and she is everything to me. We've had a tough couple of years though. We've been getting counseling and things have started to turn around. So, last night I surprised her with a night on the town. I just had surgery last week so she wasn't expecting a night out.
A year ago I stayed at this beautiful Double Tree in downtown Austin on business. I remember having a great experience all around. Specifically there was a front office supervisor that was incredibly professional and kind so for our special night out last night I naturally wanted to take my wife there!
When we checked in last night that same manager was there and remembered me! It had been a full year and Daniel Craven recognized me on sight! He remembered my name and what I do! He asked what brought me to the Double Tree. When I told him it was a special night for my wife and I he upgraded our standard room to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!! He didn't stop there. He provided us special transportation for the evening and extended our check out time until 3 PM!!!
What Daniel did for us last night was beyond anything I could have imagined. His incredible act of kindness came at the perfect time for us. My wife and I had the best time. Daniel made us feel so special and it was a great reminder for us that our relationship is indeed special. I told Danny that 20 years from now my wife and I will still remember that night. I was wrong. We will remember it for the rest of our lives! Thank you Danny. Thank you Double Tree!
With great gratitude -
Chad & Melanie!!
PS - We'll be back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Austin. Enjoy a warm greeting with a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie at this comfortable hotel. Among Austin, Texas hotels, this DoubleTree hotel places you in the downtown business district and within minutes of all that the city has to offer. Walk to the University of Texas and the Texas State Capitol from our Austin, Texas hotel, which is 11 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Visit the Sixth Street Entertainment District, Barton Springs Pool, or explore the area around this Austin hotel with our complimentary shuttle service. Corporate guests are in easy reach of many regional and national companies, the Austin Convention Center and favorite local restaurants and nightlife. Retreat to a spacious suite at the DoubleTree Suites Hotel Austin. All of our suites offer separate kitchens, living areas and private bedrooms in sophisticated surroundings. Upgrade to a two-bedroom suite, Penthouse or Executive suite for a wrap-around rooftop balcony with breathtaking city views. Host a meeting or event in this downtown Austin hotel's 5,000 sq. ft. function space, including the beautiful Rose Garden Terrace. Let our professional staff assist you from planning to execution. Stay fit in our fitness center, or relax in our heated, outdoor pool and patio deck. Savor delicious American or Southwestern cuisine in our 15th Street Cafe, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then retire to our popular 15th Street Lounge. Book your stay at our Austin, Texas hotel and experience true Texas hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton - Austin Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Austin
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton - Austin Texas