“This hotel helped my wife and I through a tough time! AMAZING”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I have been married 17 years. We are best friends and she is everything to me. We've had a tough couple of years though. We've been getting counseling and things have started to turn around. So, last night I surprised her with a night on the town. I just had surgery last week so she wasn't expecting a night out.

A year ago I stayed at this beautiful Double Tree in downtown Austin on business. I remember having a great experience all around. Specifically there was a front office supervisor that was incredibly professional and kind so for our special night out last night I naturally wanted to take my wife there!

When we checked in last night that same manager was there and remembered me! It had been a full year and Daniel Craven recognized me on sight! He remembered my name and what I do! He asked what brought me to the Double Tree. When I told him it was a special night for my wife and I he upgraded our standard room to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!! He didn't stop there. He provided us special transportation for the evening and extended our check out time until 3 PM!!!

What Daniel did for us last night was beyond anything I could have imagined. His incredible act of kindness came at the perfect time for us. My wife and I had the best time. Daniel made us feel so special and it was a great reminder for us that our relationship is indeed special. I told Danny that 20 years from now my wife and I will still remember that night. I was wrong. We will remember it for the rest of our lives! Thank you Danny. Thank you Double Tree!

With great gratitude -

Chad & Melanie!!

PS - We'll be back :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chad C
Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Chad C,

I find myself at a loss for words to craft an adequte reply to this amazing review. I am truly humbled by your praise of the service I provided; I count myself truly lucky to work along side such a terrific team at our hotel. I hope we may be able to celebrate with you for many more anniversaries in the future or any other time you want to get away to Austin for the evening. Thank you again for allowing our hotel to be your preferred home away from home. Please come visit again soon, we'd be honored to welcome you anytime.

Best,

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The best place to stay in Austin. Uber comfy, walking distance to many attractions. Close to Austin Heart Hospital and the University. Best staff I've encountered in years, and last but certainly most important the best beds in Austin. 5 stars!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Sallyann57,

Thank you for your kind review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I am happy to learn that you found our hotel so accommodating for your business in Austin. I, too, find our location very convenient for many of Austin's best features but also far enough removed that you will not experience any external noise disturbances from downtown. I believe our hotel staff is among the best in the city and will be sure to pass on your praise of their hard work as well. Please come see visit us again anytime, we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and loved it so much that we had to go for another weekend. The front desk manager was so very helpful and nice I can't begin to say how nice he was and helpful. The rooms are so very nice, roomy and cool, which is very nice in the middle of summer in Austin, the breakfast was pretty much the same as all Doubletree's, and the location is very good for almost all things in Austin. I can rave about this place all day long but it comes down to the fact that I have stayed in almost all the Hilton properties downtown and this place by far has the best staff. The rooms and accommodations are about the same at all of them, but the staff makes this hotel the one that I will use every time I go to Austin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald H

Dear Donald H,

I hope this reply finds you safe and sound; if I recall correctly, you were recently re-deploying with our Armed Forces shortly after this trip. Our staff is always touched to receive positive feedback from guests so I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our entire team. I hope that your weekend away was everything you hoped it could be and we helped to create a lasting memory with your wife. Thank you again for your continued service to our country; it truly is an honor to serve our active military men and women such as yourself. I look forward to when we may welcome you back once you have returned home safely from duty. Until then, please take care.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, especially Tom and Malcolm. Shuttle service was friendly, prompt, and safe. Our room was immaculate and spacious with a complete kitchen, huge bathroom, and spacious living room. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Austin.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TexasTea2

Dear TexasTea2,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a short note about your experience at our hotel. I’m thrilled to hear you found the room and staff outstanding and that your experience was one that will not be soon forgotten. We are very lucky to have Tom and Malcolm on our team, their service and professionalism has provided several guests, such as yourselves, with amazing memories of their visits to Austin. Please feel free to drop by again soon, we would love to have you as our guests anytime.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean and spacious. Gym is clean and although small, has all you need. Lobby and interior are very nice. There is a shuttle service to take you to wherever you need to go. Great views of capitol building. We had one slight complaint over some noise issues and the front desk supervisor, Mr. Daniel Craven took immediate care of the situation. Great front desk staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Shelley M,

Thank you for your kind review; we truly value every bit of feedback from our guests. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to help resolve the challenges you encountered with the exterior noise that disrupted your good night's rest. While we cannot control all external factors, our goal is to do whatever we can in order to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable experience. On behalf of myself and my colleagues here at the DoubleTree Suites, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your home away from home. Visit us anytime; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'm in the middle of a stay here - for a week. I didn't notice any other reviewers mention that they only clean the rooms every third day. Is that a Texas thing? Also - I was told when I checked in that they didn't have the two room suite with a kitchen I had reserved 2 months earlier. As explanation, I was told they don't guarantee your request. So if your only reason for choosing this place is the kitchen suites, beware. I finally got the type of room I requested if I agreed to move to a different room midstay. A maid just knocked on my door wanting to know if I was checking out (it's 4 PM) - so It seems there's a lot of confusion going on and somehow I'm in the middle of it. At this point, I would probably not choose to stay here again. Just not very service oriented, yet it should be. It's a fairly expensive place to stay for Austin.

Room Tip: Call before cancellation period to find out if the will have the room you requested?
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Lee B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear trvlite4,

It is always our goal to honor every guest’s request but when we are simply unable to do so, we always strive to present our guest’s with comparable options. From your review it sounds like this was not your experience and for that I deeply apologize.

In your review you indicated you did not receive the "two room suite with a kitchen". All our suites are two room suites (and some even larger) and all offer a separate kitchenette area, but only 1/3 of our suites offer stovetops. A suite with a stove top kitchenette is available by request but cannot be confirmed prior to arrival so I assume this is what you were referring to in your review. Again, let me apologize that this was not communicated more clearly at the time you made your reservation and that you were unable to receive a room with a stovetop upon check in.

Allow me to respond to your housekeeping concerns. Hilton, along with several other major hotel brands, have decided to engage in a voluntary ‘green’ initiative that stipulates for guests staying three+ nights our hotels change bed linens only once every three days. This is of course, unless a guest requests linen service daily, in which case we gladly accommodate that request. This is part of an effort across all hotel brands to be more environmentally conscious. I apologize if this caused any inconvenience or disappointment and hope in the future you'll help us by requesting daily linen change at check-in so we can better serve you throughout your stay.

If you're still in house and willing to discuss your hotel experience at length, I would love to speak with you so we might better understand what went wrong during your stay, how we can improve, and how to ensure a more seamless hotel experience for you and all our guests in the future.

Please dial extension 4607 from a house phone if you'd like to discuss further.

Lee B.
Sales Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel was very accommodating! The rooms are HUGE and clean--and the beds are very comfortable! The hotel staff was very polite and valet parked our car for free when we couldn't find parking in their garage!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family