“Surprising Austin Stay”

Ranked #24 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, United States
“Surprising Austin Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

For the money, you get much more than you would expect. I don't know the star rating of this hotel but it most certainly is a 5 star experience as far as staff goes! As a frequent traveler to Austin, I most certainly will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Willie M.,

Many, many thanks for your simple yet beautiful review of your recent stay at our hotel. I have said it before and to other travelers like you; our staff is really what makes our hotel great. Since our renovation, I also believe we are a 5 star property as well however I do know that every traveler is unique with different needs when on the road. I sincerely hope we may come to welcome you again soon. Stop by anytime, we'll have the warm cookies waiting.

Danny Craven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Denver CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had never stayed at the DoubleTree in Austin before but decided to try it and I loved it. The place looks to have been recently remodeled and it was really nice and clean. I will for sure stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear InstaTanCO.

Thank you for your kind review; it means so much that you took time to leave a note about your recent stay. You are 100% correct that we recently completed a remodel of our entire hotel, allowing us to be one of the nicest hotels in downtown Austin. Hopefully the next stay will be sooner rather than later as we would love to welcome you back anytime.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times in the last two years and have been happy every time with this hotel. The rooms are really nice and modern, always super clean too. The pool is a little small and could probably use more lounge chairs especially on weekends. Parking was easy. Only downside is that it's a bit of a walk to downtown. Overall we will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear AFTraveler1,

First, please allow me to say thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. It means so much to us that you continue to stay with us when you come to Austin. I know you were disappointed by the relative distance from our hotel to the entertainment district of downtown. I am sorry that you may have been misled by the exact location of our hotel. I personally think our location is ideal because when all is said and done, you can get away from the music and excitement of downtown Austin and enjoy a peacful night's rest without concern of being awoken suddenly. Also, in case you had not known, we do offer an on-demand shuttle service to local destinations within 2 miles of our property; perhaps next time we can offer you transportation to the night life. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back soon; drop by anytime, we'd love to see you again.

Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Quick check in & out. Bed was extremely comfortable! View of downtown Austin was great!! Kitchen was great with a large fridge. High Definition TV's in the living room area & in the bedroom!! Definately not the last time that I'm going to stay there when I visit Austin, Tx.

Dear Robert G,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review of your experience as our guest. Since our recently completed renovations to upgrade our hotel, I believe we are one of the nicest hotels in downtown Austin. I, too, that are suites provide wonderful accommodations to enjoy a peaceful night's rest before enjoying breakfast in your in-room kitchen. I greatly look forward to seeing you again soon. Next time you find yourself in Austin, drop by at your leisure, we'd love have you back.

Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Staff very helpful, looked up address of a good place to eat and gave us directions. The room was clean and quite. This is an all suite hotel and it is a good value for the money. We will stay there again when in Austin.

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It means so much to us that you took time to share your experience with the rest of this amazing community. I, too, believe that our staff is our greatest strength in being of the nicest hotels in downtown Austin. If you are ever back in the city, drop by anytime, we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We were on our way to San Antonio from Dallas and our baby got sick in the car. The meeting planner that I am decided to find the closest hotel to see if we could get some towels to get her cleaned up. We pulled up to the Hilton Doubletree Suites in Downtown Austin and were greeted by such a friendly face. We told the Bellman we were not staying in the hotel but just passing through Austin and our daughter had gotten sick. He immediately ran and got some wet and dry towels that we could use to clean her up before we even asked for them. He then offered our older child some cookies. He was so helpful and went above and beyond to help us. Next time we are planning a stay in Austin this is where we plan to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear SerinDFW,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel even though you did not stay with us. I firmly believe in outstanding guest service for anyone that stops by our property and I am so glad our efforts were able to help you while you were traveling with your family. I hope your youngest is feeling better after that sticky car ride to San Antonio. I hope that we may one day gain the opportunity to welcome you as our guest and show you what true Texas Hospitality is all about. If this may become a reality, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

The suites make for a very comfortable stay. With each room there is a small kitchen and a nice living area. Clean bathroom. Convenient stay downtown. Restaurant could be better, but downtown location means you can go to some of Austin's great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Suzanne M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review; it never fails to bring a smile to my face when reading about the experiences of our recent guests. We are charged with providing outstanding guest rooms and fantastic service so that our guests may relax and revitalize with ease. I was sorry to learn that your experience in our hotel restaurant was anything less than outstanding; perhaps our Executive Chef can prepare something special for you should we get the opportunity to welcome you again. On behalf of myself and my colleagues here at the DoubleTree Suites, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your home away from home. Drop by anytime, we'd love to have you.